Author Topic: Greene considering future  (Read 26902 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greene considering future
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2016, 08:50:39 PM »
Natt Brown to be in temporary charge? Is this true

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2016, 09:16:56 PM »
Sad
Not since Neil Thompsons outing have I been this disappointed by pressure being brought to bear.

As one or two have said this was always going to be a difficult season......shame others don't realise it.
Should DG move on I'm sure there will be a few players who feel they owe him....the 4 who went to higher clubs...Jordan Richards who got moved positionally and now is a 1st team player. ....

On today's game DG was let down by a few players today....
The scoreline flattered them I felt....I'm sure others will disagree

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 09:22:04 PM »
If he does go wouldn't be surprised to see him somewhere like Braintree

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 09:22:33 PM »
Considering DG is actually still in a job (at the moment), how can it be?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »
It was always going to be a difficult season. Losing most of last season's team,  then a reduced budget.   The way I see it DN didn't want promotion this season because of the new stadium but obviously won't make that public. Hence the reduced budget. However I doubt relegation will be an issue as DN will have to dip into the coffers to bring in better players,  but we aren't there just yet.

Why give Halifax Town the town end when  their supporters could have been accommodated in the usual York Street stand.

Where are you getting the reduced budget thing from? DN actually gave DG a slight increase...

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/boston-united-overachieved-dennis-greene-says/story-29395256-detail/story.html

"It doesn't put a massive amount into the budget, just some more. We want to give Dennis the best opportunity we can, but we're not going to spoil things at the club by trying to achieve something that we can't afford.

When did DN announce that the budget was going to be increased?  For instance was it before the season tickets went on sale?

It's in the article. It was given as a part-reason for the price increase.

And that's my point.   

I have heard from 3 different sources that the budget was cut.   Had that been said prior to the sale of season tickets would they have sold as many?

As I see it we struggle at the start of the season because the players we are able to sign aren't good enough because we are unable to pay the going rate.  Then loan players are brought in. That will continue till we move into the new stadium. 

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 09:47:42 PM »
Considering DG is actually still in a job (at the moment), how can it be?

I sense another wind up here,  next conspiracy theory or quotes without substance will be ....

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »
To be? Seriously do you think this is a good idea?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2016, 10:14:40 PM »
 Being +ve,could get something at Nuneaton ..
  All the broken legs dont help ..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2016, 11:45:01 PM »

I have heard from 3 different sources that the budget was cut.   Had that been said prior to the sale of season tickets would they have sold as many?

I've given you the ULTIMATE source. The chairman. The one who actually sets the budget. The article came out at the start of the sale of season tickets, during the early bird offer.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2016, 12:28:53 AM »

I've given you the ULTIMATE source. The chairman. The one who actually sets the budget. The article came out at the start of the sale of season tickets, during the early bird offer.

Of course it came out prior to the sale of season tickets.   If the article had said the budget was being reduced (again) what impact do you think that would have on the sale of season tickets?

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2016, 03:14:34 PM »
He was on the end of a proper big time rant from Andy Butler today. No swear words but a very big verbal assault.

TEP

let him have a go seeing as he seems to know everything!!!

Yes we are all waiting to listen for Andy to suggest his business plan and recruiting ideas to turn things round .

still not heard anything....that must be some master plan he's working on.........

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2016, 04:15:04 PM »
By his own admission, he doesn't feel that he can take the club any further. I'd therefore be disappointed to see him stay to prove the point.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2016, 04:59:13 PM »
I had more than one argument with so called fans today who were abusing Dennis.. Was it Den who failed to give red cards to two Halifax players? NO .. Was it Den who didn't award us a penalty only for them to go straight to our end and score? NO . Was Den one of the six who let Simmonds run past and score ? NO . So how the hell is it his fault. He said weeks ago that mid table would be a great season with all the ins and outs yet these no it all no nothings expect us to be on top of the table.
 1 We do NOT have the finances of a lot in our league.
 2 We are NOT full time like some in the league.
 3 Where were these now it all know nothings when we were unbeaten in six?
 Some people are clueless when it comes to football and think you just turn up and the points are ours,no matter what league we are in there are clubs who still see us as a BIG club and want to beat us.  I asked one muppet to give me a name of a replacement and said you have five minutes.after TEN minutes he shrugged his shoulders and said "I dunno" ...

I agree with many parts but not the name a new manger rubbish. We Dont know the ins and outs of finance. We dont keep an eye out in which managers at the level below are doing a good job. We also dont know who may have already been in touch, also ho do we know who would apply. Do i agree with abuse no. The comment of name a new manager is just daft. And not our job

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2016, 05:00:26 PM »
I've always liked Den, I know some don't rate him at all. Probably he's had his lot with us, you can see by the players brought in he was on a tight budget. When you have four or five clubs paying way over the odds, you're always going to be on a hiding to nothing. I'll be sorry to see him go, (that is of course if he does go) Who will replace him, Bunny could try and keep us out of the relegation scrap. I can't see  any 'big name' mangers in non league rushing to take his place on the bench.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »
He was on the end of a proper big time rant from Andy Butler today. No swear words but a very big verbal assault.

TEP

let him have a go seeing as he seems to know everything!!!

Yes we are all waiting to listen for Andy to suggest his business plan and recruiting ideas to turn things round .

still not heard anything....that must be some master plan he's working on.........

I,m sure it will be worth waiting for nikko !!!!!!
I call myself a friend of Andy and always find him obliging when I speak to him ,  I feel sure he will reveal his master plan to Patter .

I do not do facebook for reasons others on here have expressed ,  however while awaiting Andys response I,ve had a browse through BUFC facebook .   

Andy has really found his comfort zone on there ,   a few contributors that make ridiculous unsustainable ideas and blatant errors .
If you let them run  your household budget you would be spent out one day into your wage packet .  It,s intriguing how some are making comments which clearly indicates that they are not knowledgeable on BUFC facts .

I have added a few helpful replies which Andy can pass on

Selection of comments ......
where has the money from Mills gone ?       :dan       :laugh:                         What money?

only got to play-offs because other teams dropped points  :dan                     same with other play-off teams !!!!

should have kept last seasons players  :dan  none explained how we could have stopped Pidge going abroad ,   or how we could have stopped Mills , Southwell and Felix leaving . did they really expect Liam to stay when he got a club on his doorstep ?

several call for a bigger budget demanding Chestnuts increases the budget (not occurred to then the vast funding already put into club ) yet complain that admission prices increase by a £1.

as always a real hindsight comment thus .....should have kept Garner ,  when Nat Brown came latter part of season and replaced Scott in defence we stopped leaking goals therefore most found it acceptable to let Garner go . If only Greene could see these injuries coming !!!!!!!!!

"can,t work out teams with smaller gates have better players for less money ?"

Does not always work that way ,  Den,s teams have finished above higher paid teams ,
Even so a valid question if you cannot work it out .    Easy way round small gates is to follow Fylde and a few others in our league and get a multi-millionaire in .    various other reasons too which may appear in Andys dossier.

Concerning that someone suggested we get a "proper manager " ,  I can recall similar comments in the past .
Anyone any idea what would define a proper manager ?

For all the fantasy ideas and comments made still no one has come up with a suggestion naming a "proper" potential successor to Greene .