Author Topic: Greene considering future  (Read 26783 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greene considering future
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 06:46:01 PM »
Great opportunity for the "Green outers "  to nominate a possible successor .
Interesting to see names that they envisage will progress the club  .

Pete the fact is the manager actually says he feels he has taken the club as far as he can. That being the case how can the chairman persuade him to stay without providing the resources to enable him to get in players that can make the difference?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 06:50:31 PM »
Sad
Not since Neil Thompsons outing have I been this disappointed by pressure being brought to bear.

As one or two have said this was always going to be a difficult season......shame others don't realise it.
Should DG move on I'm sure there will be a few players who feel they owe him....the 4 who went to higher clubs...Jordan Richards who got moved positionally and now is a 1st team player. ....

On today's game DG was let down by a few players today....
The scoreline flattered them I felt....I'm sure others will disagree

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 06:59:10 PM »
i would love to say exactly what i think about the abuse again,  yet if i did, i would be the next in line to be the target of abuse !

All i will say is that it is shameful just how some 'fans' think they can aim personal abuse at a manager, not just once, but countless of times.  And that doesn't just go for the one person.  Well, they have won now it seems, they have outed a good manager for this level.  Hope they are proud, and will put themselves forward for the job now seeing as they apparently know all the answers as well as our finances.   We are all entitled to our opinions and to be able to voice them at a game, but to what level.  As someone that has followed and supported this club since the late 80's i find recent activities really disturbing and if there ever comes a time for the final nails to be driven into my beloved club's coffin, then i will know that all the previous nails were hammered down by some of our fans. Thankfully, the vast majority of fans are level headed as seen already on here in the comments, so that does give me some hope for the club.  My end note would be that if any fans overstep the abuse mark, then i would hope that the club gives them a banning order.

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 07:01:48 PM »
i would love to say exactly what i think about the abuse again,  yet if i did, i would be the next in line to be the target of abuse !

All i will say is that it is shameful just how some 'fans' think they can aim personal abuse at a manager, not just once, but countless of times.  And that doesn't just go for the one person.  Well, they have won now it seems, they have outed a good manager for this level.  Hope they are proud, and will put themselves forward for the job now seeing as they apparently know all the answers as well as our finances.   We are all entitled to our opinions and to be able to voice them at a game, but to what level.  As someone that has followed and supported this club since the late 80's i find recent activities really disturbing and if there ever comes a time for the final nails to be driven into my beloved club's coffin, then i will know that all the previous nails were hammered down by some of our fans. Thankfully, the vast majority of fans are level headed as seen already on here in the comments, so that does give me some hope for the club.  My end note would be that if any fans overstep the abuse mark, then i would hope that the club gives them a banning order.

well said and it doesn't matter who would come in he would get the same abuse from the same people

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 07:17:33 PM »
Unfortunately the vociferous few are beating the mostly silent majority.
I have seen a post about wanting ongoing improvement. ...
Surely that would ultimately get us in the Premier league???

It isn't going to happen ffs...this is poor season after 3 decent ones

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 07:22:42 PM »
It was always going to be a difficult season. Losing most of last season's team,  then a reduced budget.   The way I see it DN didn't want promotion this season because of the new stadium but obviously won't make that public. Hence the reduced budget. However I doubt relegation will be an issue as DN will have to dip into the coffers to bring in better players,  but we aren't there just yet.

Why give Halifax Town the town end when  their supporters could have been accommodated in the usual York Street stand.

Where are you getting the reduced budget thing from? DN actually gave DG a slight increase...

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/boston-united-overachieved-dennis-greene-says/story-29395256-detail/story.html

"It doesn't put a massive amount into the budget, just some more. We want to give Dennis the best opportunity we can, but we're not going to spoil things at the club by trying to achieve something that we can't afford.

When did DN announce that the budget was going to be increased?  For instance was it before the season tickets went on sale?

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 07:26:59 PM »
He was on the end of a proper big time rant from Andy Butler today. No swear words but a very big verbal assault.

TEP

let him have a go seeing as he seems to know everything!!!

AdyG

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 07:29:43 PM »
It was always going to be a difficult season. Losing most of last season's team,  then a reduced budget.   The way I see it DN didn't want promotion this season because of the new stadium but obviously won't make that public. Hence the reduced budget. However I doubt relegation will be an issue as DN will have to dip into the coffers to bring in better players,  but we aren't there just yet.

Why give Halifax Town the town end when  their supporters could have been accommodated in the usual York Street stand.

Where are you getting the reduced budget thing from? DN actually gave DG a slight increase...

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/boston-united-overachieved-dennis-greene-says/story-29395256-detail/story.html

"It doesn't put a massive amount into the budget, just some more. We want to give Dennis the best opportunity we can, but we're not going to spoil things at the club by trying to achieve something that we can't afford.

When did DN announce that the budget was going to be increased?  For instance was it before the season tickets went on sale?

I believe it was when the announcement of new ticket prices came out, extra £1 on prices to increase the budget slightly. Also i believe there was a small increase the previous season (although probably eaten up in Southwells contract).

Not sure where the stories of a reduced budget have come from, perhaps our budget is relatively smaller in comparison to the new teams in our division (while still slightly bigger than last year)?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:33:40 PM by AdyG »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 07:35:00 PM »
He was on the end of a proper big time rant from Andy Butler today. No swear words but a very big verbal assault.

TEP

Yes we are all waiting to listen for Andy to suggest his business plan and recruiting ideas to turn things round .

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 07:46:51 PM »

TEP

Yes we are all waiting to listen for Andy to suggest his business plan and recruiting ideas to turn things round .
  😂😂😂😂😂

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 07:59:34 PM »
Great opportunity for the "Green outers "  to nominate a possible successor .
Interesting to see names that they envisage will progress the club  .

Pete the fact is the manager actually says he feels he has taken the club as far as he can. That being the case how can the chairman persuade him to stay without providing the resources to enable him to get in players that can make the difference?

Yes that,s the big conundrum Mel ,  DG accepts that he can take us no further on the present resources ,  and we have always backed DN for sticking to a sustainable budget .    I don,t know the answer .     Greene,s record clearly shows that he matches any manager Boston have had in recent times (unless someone can prove different ).   Then again managers seem to come to a sell-by date , seems DG thinks he has .    On the same resources will a new manager do any better ?

I think the abusers overestimate the appeal Boston has for potential managers .
Any applicant will be mindful of what Green has achieved in terms of league position and progressing players careers , and yes, the abuse that goes with the job even when successful .      Most may decide trying to emulate DG is a step too far for them .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 08:01:47 PM »

It's in the article. It was given as a part-reason for the price increase.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »
I had more than one argument with so called fans today who were abusing Dennis.. Was it Den who failed to give red cards to two Halifax players? NO .. Was it Den who didn't award us a penalty only for them to go straight to our end and score? NO . Was Den one of the six who let Simmonds run past and score ? NO . So how the hell is it his fault. He said weeks ago that mid table would be a great season with all the ins and outs yet these no it all no nothings expect us to be on top of the table.
 1 We do NOT have the finances of a lot in our league.
 2 We are NOT full time like some in the league.
 3 Where were these now it all know nothings when we were unbeaten in six?
 Some people are clueless when it comes to football and think you just turn up and the points are ours,no matter what league we are in there are clubs who still see us as a BIG club and want to beat us.  I asked one muppet to give me a name of a replacement and said you have five minutes.after TEN minutes he shrugged his shoulders and said "I dunno" ...

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 08:18:32 PM »
I hope DG reads these and realises there is support for him and DG if you do read these please stay off Twitter for a while so you don't let the same people wind you up every week

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2016, 08:36:10 PM »
I had more than one argument with so called fans today who were abusing Dennis.. Was it Den who failed to give red cards to two Halifax players? NO .. Was it Den who didn't award us a penalty only for them to go straight to our end and score? NO . Was Den one of the six who let Simmonds run past and score ? NO . So how the hell is it his fault. He said weeks ago that mid table would be a great season with all the ins and outs yet these no it all no nothings expect us to be on top of the table.
 1 We do NOT have the finances of a lot in our league.
 2 We are NOT full time like some in the league.
 3 Where were these now it all know nothings when we were unbeaten in six?
 Some people are clueless when it comes to football and think you just turn up and the points are ours,no matter what league we are in there are clubs who still see us as a BIG club and want to beat us.  I asked one muppet to give me a name of a replacement and said you have five minutes.after TEN minutes he shrugged his shoulders and said "I dunno" ...

I invited suggestions for a new  manager on this thread at 06.01pm ,  no response as yet .

I think its safe to say taking into account F/T teams and budgets of other clubs a top 8 finish this season would be more commendable than our two play-off seasons .  The sudden emergence of the "Manchester league " teams has put a very different financial balance giving those teams the monopoly of top half of table positons .
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:19:05 PM by green hats mate »