Author Topic: Greene considering future  (Read 26877 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Greene considering future
« on: October 22, 2016, 05:52:03 PM »
Dennis Greene has claimed on video (via Boston Standard) that he will sit down with David Newton to discuss his future at the club, as he feels he has taken the club as far as he can.

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/football/boston-united/i-m-seriously-thinking-about-calling-it-a-day-boston-united-manager-dennis-greene-says-he-is-ready-to-quit-the-club-1-7641878

Time for a Spayne Roader or Patterer to step up and do the job better?  ;)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Patrick

• View Profile
Re: Greene considering future
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 05:55:06 PM »
Hope DN persuades him to stay. If the play-offs is the furthest DG can take us that's good enough for me.

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »
Last thing we need is DG going . This was always gonna be a difficult season to compete with the ££££'s other teams can spend and replace the players who left  . Need to get behind him

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 06:00:11 PM »
Hope DN persuades him to stay. If the play-offs is the furthest DG can take us that's good enough for me.

I think the right outcome is for Dennis to stay until the summer. A season of mid-table mediocrity should be OK after the previous 3... but most don't see it that way.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 06:01:14 PM »
Great opportunity for the "Green outers "  to nominate a possible successor .
Interesting to see names that they envisage will progress the club  .
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:10:40 PM by green hats mate »

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 06:09:09 PM »
He was on the end of a proper big time rant from Andy Butler today. No swear words but a very big verbal assault.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 06:10:35 PM »
He was on the end of a proper big time rant from Andy Butler today. No swear words but a very big verbal assault.

TEP

Straw, camel's back, etc.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 06:17:48 PM »
Just a nightmare day all round with Aggers injury and Smith'a sending off and suspension, so I don't blame him one bit for feeling that he's had enough.

If he goes I will be disappointed personally, I think he's done a very good job on what is likely a mid-table budget. He's brought in some genuine quality players, most of which have gone on to bigger and better things, and is always spoken highly of by those players.

He's deserved the chance to turn things around, but looking at the current squad it's clearly not good enough to meet his and the clubs ambitions, and he's ultimately responsible for that at the end of the day.

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 06:18:25 PM »
Sad state of affairs if someone who can shout the loudest causes a manager to leave , love to go to his critics places of work and see how good they are at their jobs while they have shouting vitriol at them

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 06:23:44 PM »
Sad state of affairs if someone who can shout the loudest causes a manager to leave , love to go to his critics places of work and see how good they are at their jobs while they have shouting vitriol at them

It's not just today though is it? The abuse was there last season when we lost 4 on the bounce. We then went on to finish in the Play Offs... but unfortunately collapsed in the 2nd leg.

A poor start fuelled the 'Greene Out' brigade, and it seems they finally have their wish!!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »
Heard his interview on the radio on the way home and he went further and said something I totally agree with. He complained about the state of the pitch. I stated before the game that it has not been as poor for a long time, looks as though it hasn't seen a mower for sometime and looked like a park pitch, Who is looking after it now Nobby has retired?. I also agree with his point that our fans lost the town end without justification handing it over to the poor away support to be more vocal, I really don't see fans accepting such shoddy treatment. Regarding other things he said ie; That it was his fault as he put this squad together, I agree. He thinks he has taken the club as far as he can, I agree.
There is clearly a lack of togetherness in the squad, it lacks a leader and is very weak in many areas and it is going to be a massive job for any incoming manager if the present incumbent does resign tomorrow however, if something positive doesn't happen soon relegation is a real threat.     

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 06:29:48 PM »
Yeah he would get stick even if he got us promoted but it's the same people giving him stick . I doubt the players are impressed by it as they are all his signings . This season was always gonna be mid table it's a young side who I reckon get a season under their belts would improve next season . I still think DG is well in credit with what he has done last few seasons and should see this season out to see how it looks then

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 06:32:25 PM »
It was always going to be a difficult season. Losing most of last season's team,  then a reduced budget.   The way I see it DN didn't want promotion this season because of the new stadium but obviously won't make that public. Hence the reduced budget. However I doubt relegation will be an issue as DN will have to dip into the coffers to bring in better players,  but we aren't there just yet.

Why give Halifax Town the town end when  their supporters could have been accommodated in the usual York Street stand.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 06:36:53 PM »

TEP

The manager also mentioned this in his radio interview naming Andy Butler.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »
It was always going to be a difficult season. Losing most of last season's team,  then a reduced budget.   The way I see it DN didn't want promotion this season because of the new stadium but obviously won't make that public. Hence the reduced budget. However I doubt relegation will be an issue as DN will have to dip into the coffers to bring in better players,  but we aren't there just yet.

Why give Halifax Town the town end when  their supporters could have been accommodated in the usual York Street stand.

Where are you getting the reduced budget thing from? DN actually gave DG a slight increase...

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/boston-united-overachieved-dennis-greene-says/story-29395256-detail/story.html

"It doesn't put a massive amount into the budget, just some more. We want to give Dennis the best opportunity we can, but we're not going to spoil things at the club by trying to achieve something that we can't afford.