Author Topic: Altrincham (A)  (Read 15219 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Altrincham (A)
« on: September 23, 2016, 06:12:52 PM »
Anyone else off to this one. A few years since we played there on a Saturday. I was ill for that and missed a 6-1 reverse.... only to go the following year on a Tuesday and see us lose 7-1!!!!
Last time there we got a 0-0 and probably should've won, they've had an even worse start than us (not won a league game yet....) but beat Grimity in the cup last week. Also had a 5 figure sum from Sunderland for Duncan Watmore's appearance bonus which was part of the transfer deal, which should help them to climb to safety.

Expecting goals as usual, hopefully Damien Reeves doesn't find form after a quiet start, the dizzy heights of 12th could beckon with a win!!!!

Should be in around midday on the rattler. Not sure where we'll go beforehand.
Forza Boston

Steviemas

• View Profile
Re: Altrincham (A)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »
Shame, I'm gonna miss this one, swanning off to Cyprus, have a good trip and day out Josh, hopefully come away with much needed  3 points.
        We are Boston.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 07:44:44 PM »
Anyone else off to this one. A few years since we played there on a Saturday. I was ill for that and missed a 6-1 reverse.... only to go the following year on a Tuesday and see us lose 7-1!!!!

We've certainly had some nightmares against Altrincham down the years. As well as the 7-1 and the 6-1 I remember there was also a home FA Cup exit where we had two men sent off. Still, at least we've got Bob Lee's last minute header against them.

I wasn't at the 7-1 midweek match because of work commitments. As I remember it was rained off on a Saturday and then rearranged for midweek at very short notice and I just couldn't get time off on such a tight turnaround. I think I saw every other game that season home and away, but in missing that one match I also missed out on the entire 45-minute Boston United career of Steve Spriggs, the winger we signed from King's Lynn. Aside from the odd youth team players who have made cameo appearances from the bench, have any of our first team players had shorter BUFC careers than Spriggs? Somebody will probably mention Pasulay Njie, but I think with the time added on at Hednesford I think even he got more minutes in our first team.

I was at the 6-1 and remember it - I'm pretty sure Jason Lee scored our goal and that Reeves scored a hat-trick. We do owe them one.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »
Took 4 pts off them the year they won the playoffs and we came 6th. But lost 3 times the year before, the cup game as I mentioned when we missed out on the mother & father of all ties at.... Burton Albion.

When was the last time we won there? 90s?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 08:59:07 PM »
I think I saw every other game that season home and away, but in missing that one match I also missed out on the entire 45-minute Boston United career of Steve Spriggs, the winger we signed from King's Lynn. Aside from the odd youth team players who have made cameo appearances from the bench, have any of our first team players had shorter BUFC careers than Spriggs?

Antonio Alcaraz Zamora only came on for the last 20 minutes of the game against Kidderminster.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 09:35:42 PM »
Last time we discussed this I got it down to 8 minutes... anyone beat that?

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4939.msg67222#msg67222

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
Had a 15 minuter last season - Mo Adams came on in the 75th minute in the 1-0 win at Solihull Moors.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 03:36:39 PM »
Playing the Diamond ..Is Marshall a good def midfielder ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 05:00:15 PM »
Victory, sounded like a hard-earned 3 points. Agnew with the only goal.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 05:06:38 PM »
Well done lads....
Another  win.......

Onwards and upwards.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 05:22:42 PM »
Well done lads.  What's going on,  i thought we were supposed to be going down !   :bunny 

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
A great win, well done everybody involved in the game.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 06:28:31 PM »
I said a couple of weeks ago that Marshall had a great game In midfield he was m.o.m. Today brought the ball out of defence getting us going forward. We'll deserved win today and a special mention to the keeper who had a very good game

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 07:02:43 PM »
Wasn't at the game today and can't comment on the performance of the team or individuals, but what I can say is 'Well done on getting the win'.
United we stand..................

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 08:10:58 PM »
Yes! Another good 3 points as we head towards the top end of the table. Well done DG and the team.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"