Author Topic: Altrincham (A)  (Read 15222 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham (A)
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2016, 04:30:46 PM »
4 wins and a draw in the last 5 games must give us confidence going into the FA Cup away at Kettering.

Den for manager of the month ? Imagine that wouldn't go down well with a few, lol.

Not after what happened the game after he won the award last, which was in April...
Hope they give it Challinor seeing as he's clearly working miracles spending 40k fees on players and a weekly wage bill of over 15 grand.... and being able to train 5 times a week.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:32:19 PM by joshb »

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2016, 05:55:33 PM »
Only 7 points off the Play Offs now. How things have changed over the last month. No danger of relegation and some weak teams currently in higher league positions which we can overtake. Even the new ground access taking shape. Things looking good!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
Only 7 points off the Play Offs now. How things have changed over the last month. No danger of relegation and some weak teams currently in higher league positions which we can overtake. Even the new ground access taking shape. Things looking good!
now that's what I call happy clapping! Loving the positivity!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 08:37:24 PM »

Yes we are all happy ,  even no comments on lack of mid-fielders built like brick shite houses . :)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2016, 09:21:23 PM »

Yes we are all happy ,  even no comments on lack of mid-fielders built like brick shite houses . :)
I've always been an advocate of loanee midgets!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 11:58:13 PM »
Further progress in the Cup needed to bring in money .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 03:37:30 PM »
Playing the Diamond ..Is Marshall a good def midfielder ?

"Marcus Marshall was excellent "      "he looked as if he had been playing central midfield for years "

Those were the words yesterday of Brian Flynn , you will remember him Ted !
Former Wales player (60 games) and went on to manage the national team .  Played around 600 games at top level and manager with league clubs for around 700 games with a fair amount of success .

He was also complimented other players in our team .

Must be satisfying for a manage to hear praise for his team from someone with that pedigree .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 04:18:44 PM »
Playing the Diamond ..Is Marshall a good def midfielder ?

"Marcus Marshall was excellent "      "he looked as if he had been playing central midfield for years "

Those were the words yesterday of Brian Flynn , you will remember him Ted !
Former Wales player (60 games) and went on to manage the national team .  Played around 600 games at top level and manager with league clubs for around 700 games with a fair amount of success .

He was also complimented other players in our team .

Must be satisfying for a manage to hear praise for his team from someone with that pedigree .

Brian Flynn, (born 12 October 1955) is a former Welsh football manager and Welsh international player, who played as a midfielder. He is currently scouting for Everton F.C.
can we expect a bid from Ronald Koeman??????????