Author Topic: Altrincham (A)  (Read 15221 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham (A)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 08:56:57 PM »
A bloody enjoyable away day today. It was obvious from the start that we had a team out there who were really playing for their place and giving 100%. Agree with what Mick said in an earlier post regarding Marshall he had a great game in midfield however, My MOM was Henry who really put himself on the line with some great saves and a commanding performance hope we can have him for the season cracking young keeper. Colley was excellent in the first half and was unlucky with a fine header hitting the post will be difficult to leave him out next game although it has to be said our winning goal was set up for liam by Fairhurst with the neatest of little flicks. Thought the new left back had a solid game looking good on the ball but not afraid to hit row Z if needed. Both center halves seem to be developing an understanding covering for each other, I won't bore you any further but today they were all worth a mention.  UTP.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 09:25:17 PM »
Well done to the team today even though the score could have been any result for either side I do feel the win was much needed and will boost confidence thro the side.
We still have many things to iron out but slowly slowly improvements are there to see.
Also have to agree our keeper is a vital part of the upturn in form.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 09:32:31 PM »
An evening of Happy Clapping  :)
So pleased for players and management for sticking at it.
We're not going to win every game but I hope we get behind the team and lift them to keep up this good form.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:37:20 PM by howmanynames2pick »

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 10:05:27 PM »
Happy with the performance and the result as others have said. Surprised nobody has mentioned the bin liner landing on Dennis Greene's head - it was very funny!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 10:26:38 PM »
An evening of Happy Clapping  :)
So pleased for players and management for sticking at it.
We're not going to win every game but I hope we get behind the team and lift them to keep up this good form.

Don't get carried away mate, if they fail to perform I will be quick to say so on here.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 10:47:24 PM »
Not getting carried away Mel. As I said we are not going to win every game...we will lose some....it's how the team and supporters react that makes all the difference going into the next game.
I wasn't insinuating anything your way :)

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 11:27:20 PM »
What a difference Liam Agnew has made ! Get him on a contract could make some big money on him in the future 👌

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 11:39:04 PM »
Here's the link to the usual public Facebook photo album with a few snaps from the game:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154542383229282.1073741981.570994281&type=1&l=5d87e36505

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 11:43:43 PM »
Here's an eye watering snap - a very personal injury.  :D

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 08:04:59 AM »
Here's an eye watering snap - a very personal injury.  :D

"BUT REF, I GOT THE BALL."

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 09:07:06 AM »
And the link to the little match photo gallery on my web site for those that don't do Facebook:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/altrincham240916.html

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 11:07:03 AM »
4 wins and a draw in the last 5 games must give us confidence going into the FA Cup away at Kettering.
United we stand..................

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »
4 wins and a draw in the last 5 games must give us confidence going into the FA Cup away at Kettering.

Den for manager of the month ? Imagine that wouldn't go down well with a few, lol.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »
Tight game which could've gone either way. Thought we had the better of the first half and they shaded the 2nd. We hit the post and looked bright early on with a few efforts going just wide. Then they put a few dangerous balls in, Dion Curtis-Henry made 2 or 3 good saves in the 2nd half and we defended generally well- no real howlers for once at the back.
Then with about our only well worked move in the 2nd half Agnew scored.
Alty huffed and puffed, one or two close calls but we were able to see it out for that long awaited first away league win, much to the delight of the officially numbered 62 of us in a crowd of over 900 (looked a tough optimistic that)
Cements us solidly at the top of the lower group and Alty will likely climb away from danger

Suppose I'd disagree with their general consensus that they could've won convincingly, they could perhaps feel hard done by to lose but that's what happens when you're down there, like us losing to FCUM at home! Must also say really enjoyed the day out despite the lower than expected turnout from us, a cracking bar (Costello's- wonder if named after Peter!) on recommendation from a mate of Dads, then the King George just behind the away end. Good stuff.

Kettering lost again at home today (v 2nd placed Dunstable) ad are now 12th. We're going there in much better shape than we would have 3 weeks ago. Hopefully should be a good turnout from both sides
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:24:13 PM by joshb »

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »
Thought McGuire had a really good game and put his body in the way when needed. Hope his injury is only a minor one. We had quite a few knocks yesterday. Get well soon, lads. I was proud of your effort.