Author Topic: New Signing - Ben Gordon  (Read 3801 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
New Signing - Ben Gordon
« on: September 21, 2016, 01:16:23 PM »
A 25 year old defender from Woking.

TEP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Signing - Ben Gordon
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »
and two away on international duty!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 04:20:23 PM »
Craig. Will the League allow a postponement of the game against Worcester City on 8.10.16 as we will have two players on international call up?  Could we apply and set a precedent for postponements for multiple international call ups in Regional Non-League Football, if we haven't done so already? Seems very harsh that we have to play with a weaker squad on that day. If our players are good enough to receive an international call up I would hope the League and our opponents respect that and agree to a new fixture date - it is not as though this is going to happen too often!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 08:44:06 PM »
Craig. Will the League allow a postponement of the game against Worcester City on 8.10.16 as we will have two players on international call up?  Could we apply and set a precedent for postponements for multiple international call ups in Regional Non-League Football, if we haven't done so already? Seems very harsh that we have to play with a weaker squad on that day. If our players are good enough to receive an international call up I would hope the League and our opponents respect that and agree to a new fixture date - it is not as though this is going to happen too often!

Two chances of that happening.....slim and none! :(
United we stand..................

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 10:28:57 PM »
You need three call ups to apply for a postponement in the Football League. I assume the same would apply lower down?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 09:56:22 AM »
You need three call ups to apply for a postponement in the Football League. I assume the same would apply lower down?
I think Wrexham have done similar for Welsh U21s players, in the Conference. Maybe even when Dennis Lawrence was playing for Trinidad and Tobago.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 06:45:36 PM »
Gordon Bennett! Another new signing.