Author Topic: FA Cup R3Q  (Read 6537 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
FA Cup R3Q
« on: September 19, 2016, 12:19:06 PM »
Kettering Town away. They play 1 level below us, but no longer at Rockingham Road or Nene Park - but at Burton Park Wanderers (in Burton Latimer) about 4 miles out.

Spencer Weir-Daley plays for them.

Tricky, but it seems they wanted an away draw as they've yet to win at home in the Southern Premier!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Mick lawson

• View Profile
Re: FA Cup R3Q
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »
Well Dennis will be pleased with the fa cup draw were away so he won't have to take all the personal abuse he gets from behind the dugout

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:58:15 PM »
Mick - no need to keep going about the abuse son. What about the FA Cup draw ? Kettering away - should be a bit more challenging than Saturday ? Not the best of grounds. I used to play there in my UCL days. I got a yellow card for taking my shirt off after scoring a goal.

TEP

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 03:12:39 PM »
Mick - no need to keep going about the abuse son. What about the FA Cup draw ? Kettering away - should be a bit more challenging than Saturday ? Not the best of grounds. I used to play there in my UCL days. I got a yellow card for taking my shirt off after scoring a goal.

TEP
if we play like Saturday it will be hard to see a win coming. As Dennis said some of the players thought it was going to be easy I know we missed a few chances on Saturday but I felt kirby-muxloe-fc deserved a draw. I would just like to say credit due to them. There organisation with food and getting people parked was a credit to there club I hope they made a few £££

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 03:59:53 PM »

TEP
Like to see a few of our players get a yellow there for the same reason TEP :)

sister soo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 05:50:08 PM »
Not sure how Kettering will cope with a good amount of away fans now they play at Latimer Park-

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 06:06:31 PM »
Do they still make Weetabix there ?

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 06:21:25 PM »
yep 👍

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 07:23:28 PM »
I work for a local haulier and we regularly collect Weetabix from there.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 09:29:13 PM »

TEP
if we play like Saturday it will be hard to see a win coming. As Dennis said some of the players thought it was going to be easy I know we missed a few chances on Saturday but I felt kirby-muxloe-fc deserved a draw. I would just like to say credit due to them. There organisation with food and getting people parked was a credit to there club I hope they made a few £££

Mick I was pleased with what the manager said in Craigs interview as I agreed with him completely but didn't want to say it on here as I would have been castigated for having a go at the team. I think it is sad that the club headline regarding the draw in the next round is described as " TRICKY" That will not fill the players with confidence but unfortunately is true. I think it is apparent listening to the managers comments that he is doing his best to get some better quality players in and shipping a few that have not performed to his expectations or standards.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 10:53:28 PM »
Mick I was pleased with what the manager said in Craigs interview as I agreed with him completely but didn't want to say it on here as I would have been castigated for having a go at the team. I think it is sad that the club headline regarding the draw in the next round is described as " TRICKY" That will not fill the players with confidence but unfortunately is true. I think it is apparent listening to the managers comments that he is doing his best to get some better quality players in and shipping a few that have not performed to his expectations or standards.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Well aaid Mel.
I think any tie against a lower league club would be described as "tricky" and any tie against a club in a higher league would put us as underdogs.
Brigg, Leek and the one we lost during Hurst and Scotts reign turned out to be "tricky".....hopefully this one won't be to tricky....

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 11:45:53 PM »
 Ye
   Hope the management can bring in 'the new backbone' before players get cup tied ..

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 10:05:22 AM »
I think anybody that has gone to a handfull of games will know our defence is leaking to many sloppy goals. I'm not having a go at the team it's just the facts we need a leader at the back who is going to win them first time headers. If you look at the oppositions corners 90%of the headers away are by gregg smith not a defender.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 04:29:35 PM »
 Could be a bit of a squeeze at Weetabix Woad ..
 Theyve already had 2300 ..but ground limit is given as 1500 ..
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:52:43 PM by father Ted »

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
Could be a bit of a squeeze at Weetabix Woad ..
 Theyve already had 2300 ..but ground limit is given as 1500 ..

Plenty of room. Imagine 200 or so of us will go, maybe 250 at a push. They average 5-600. It may get over 1,000 but plenty of room