Author Topic: Kirby Muxloe  (Read 9755 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kirby Muxloe
« on: September 15, 2016, 10:44:49 PM »
I can offer a bit of local knowledge on this one.

For those travelling to Kirby Muxloe by car, I'd advise getting on the A46 and then heading round towards the M1 southbound. Don't join the M1, but take the last exit off the A46 which reads "non motorway traffic". You'll then pick up the Kirby Muxloe signs easily enough.

Kirby is a small place (smaller than Quorn for those that went there), and the ground is easy enough to find from the centre of the village. It's on Ratby Lane.

It is only a small village, and there won't be a lot of choice in terms of places to eat or drink outside of the football ground itself. There's certainly no McDonalds, KFC, etc. If you're looking for that type of thing, you're probably best off taking a slight detour onto the Beaumont Leys retail park about 4-5 miles short of Kirby - there's a McDonalds there as well as a fish and chip shop, Greggs, Subway, Costa Coffee and a few other options. There's also a range of shops there, a small market and also a Tesco petrol station. Plenty of free parking available if anyone does stop there.

Kirby Muxloe does have a castle which was built in 1480, though it's unfinished and won't be open to the public at this time of year (summer months only).

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kirby Muxloe
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:57:43 PM »
It doesnt look much on google earth..
  Parking looks poor ..can I take my picnic chair ?
     ODDS 9/1 9/2 1/5
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:28:07 PM by father Ted »

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 06:38:32 PM »
I may well go to Leicester before and get a taxi if enough of us are there to make it cheap
Only 2hrs 10 mins from Boston by rail and only £15/£22

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 07:11:38 PM »
Just check your prediction Josh as you have done it twice!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:46:44 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 07:17:51 PM »
I may well go to Leicester before and get a taxi if enough of us are there to make it cheap
Only 2hrs 10 mins from Boston by rail and only £15/£22

Taxi would probably cost a small fortune unless there are a few people sharing.

Other option would be to head over to the Haymarket Bus Station in Leicester and catch the 153 bus which drops off in Kirby Muxloe. Haymarket Bus Station is about 10 minutes walk from Leicester railway station (cross over Waterloo Way and head down Charles Street). The bus goes eventually to Market Bosworth but it passes through Kirby on route and would take about 25 minutes to get there. It looks like they leave the Haymarket on the half hour - 12:24, 12:54, 13:24, 13:54, 14:24.

EDIT: There are buses back from Kirby Muxloe to Leicester at 17:25 and 17:55.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:22:22 PM by leicester pilgrim »

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »
Just check you prediction Josh as you have done it twice!

Cheers. Went up on the crowd as I'd seen that over 100 turned up for their 1st qualy replay. Imagine we'll have 100-150- Bit of a novelty one and new ground for almost all

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 03:14:38 PM »
1 - 0 Kirby.

Worrying!

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »
1-1

Phew, sure the win will follow now.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 03:45:17 PM »
Rollins makes it 2-1 to Boston, dreaming of Wembley...

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 07:04:46 PM »
 Good . now to get that fill in centre back .
   And which old foes scored 17 today ?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 07:25:27 PM by father Ted »

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 08:14:59 PM »
Certainly made hard work of it. Credit to Kirby who never gave up. You can't take anything for granted in cup football. Just ask Nuneaton, beaten by Lincoln United!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 11:44:56 PM »
Good . now to get that fill in centre back .
   And which old foes scored 17 today ?
Not Burscough they lost 2-0.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2016, 07:14:54 AM »
Not commented on games as it was getting a little silly at times but I made the short trip for this on so thought I'd add my comments for those who didn't make it.. Kirby was what I expected, a team with very little in quality but full of energy,passion,desire and commitment for each other with only one big downfall.......don't think I ever seen a team whinge and moan so much. Evan the beer was spot on.
     Now for Boston.... on that display where no better than a title challenger in there league. We was sloppy,poor all over and plain and simple hadn't a clue.apart from Smith and rolling our team can be divided into two. Those with skill and no brains then there's those with brains but no skill. Agnew is the consistently good player which is to be expected

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2016, 09:11:14 AM »
Too much wasted possession. Good job they had bugger all up top quality wise as our defending was less than convincing. Not enough quality from our lads going forwards... As expected we made hard work against a side we ought to have put several past. Credit to them they kept going and were well organised but play like that at alty and we'll struggle

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2016, 10:03:56 AM »
Too much wasted possession. Good job they had bugger all up top quality wise as our defending was less than convincing. Not enough quality from our lads going forwards... As expected we made hard work against a side we ought to have put several past. Credit to them they kept going and were well organised but play like that at alty and we'll struggle

Sounds like we watched the same game for a change