Author Topic: The Return to fitness of Nat Brown or a new centre back.  (Read 7576 times)

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
The Return to fitness of Nat Brown or a new centre back.
« on: September 15, 2016, 01:16:27 PM »
As the title suggests.

My opinion for what it's worth. Maguire is a good centre back who in my opinion would turn into an excellent centre back with an experienced centre back partner.

Either we need Nat Brown to return to match finess and play it we should be looking for another experienced defender.

Ie. A Kevin Austin, Stuart Balmer, Alan White style experienced centre half.

Anyone know when Nat Brown is back. ? 

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: The Return to fitness of Nat Brown or a new centre back.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 03:56:09 PM »
Jamie McCombe is out of favour at Lincoln city I would try and get him on loan for a month then maybe Nat will be available.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:58:03 PM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 08:20:15 PM »
Stuart Balmer, now there was a proper centre half.  :)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 09:32:36 PM »
Given Dennis' like for former employees, what about Stefan Galinski? We were spoiled with Pidge, Zak and Garns, and I always thought Stefan was good enough, without really getting a consistent run for us, due to the abilities of the others.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 10:37:54 PM »
Given Dennis' like for former employees, what about Stefan Galinski? We were spoiled with Pidge, Zak and Garns, and I always thought Stefan was good enough, without really getting a consistent run for us, due to the abilities of the others.

A very good call, and i have always thought the same about Stef. Decent at the back, solid at marking, but was behind Pidge and Garns at the time in the pecking order. Was also impressed with his vocal presence, helping others around him.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 10:45:03 PM »

A very good call, and i have always thought the same about Stef. Decent at the back, solid at marking, but was behind Pidge and Garns at the time in the pecking order. Was also impressed with his vocal presence, helping others around him.

He was very good with us and was unfortunate to be edged by Pidge, Garns & Zak. 
United we stand..................

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 06:32:03 AM »

Where is he playing now?
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 06:42:49 AM »

Where is he playing now?
I'm not 100% sure.. I think he was at Grantham Town at the end of last season, so possibly still local. Also, I think he is still only 22 or 23 years old, he was a teen when he first came to us. Now he should have more gametime under his belt, so should be even sharper.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:48:00 AM by The Happy Clapping Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 08:22:18 AM »

Where is he playing now?
I'm not 100% sure.. I think he was at Grantham Town at the end of last season, so possibly still local. Also, I think he is still only 22 or 23 years old, he was a teen when he first came to us. Now he should have more gametime under his belt, so should be even sharper.

He is with Grantham still, i believe he is the team captain.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 09:39:49 AM »
What about Paul Ellender ?

TEP

SMELLS LIKE VICTORY

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 09:47:20 AM »

Tony 'The Crane' Crane?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 09:58:44 AM »

Tony 'The Crane' Crane?

A good alternative to parking the team bus across the goal !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 10:42:25 AM »

Where is he playing now?

He is with Grantham still, i believe he is the team captain.

I think last time Steph played at YS was Oct 2015 for Alfeton T .     He was caught out that match for speed which contributed to 2 Boston goals .    Released by Boston ,Stayleybridge and Alfreton probably tells us Steph is at his right level in the UNI -Glue league .

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 12:39:47 PM »
Jamie McCombe is out of favour at Lincoln city I would try and get him on loan for a month then maybe Nat will be available.

Good shout that Dave. It is exactly what is needed.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 02:07:20 PM »
I guess it all comes down to money which is why we've got the Robinson on loan from Ipswich and the keeper from Peterborough, both of these clubs are probably paying all or half of the player's wages.

£4,500 in prize money for the winners tomorrow, then £7,500 for the next round. £4500 would pay for an experienced defender for 3 months I should think (£4,500 + £7,500 would more than pay for a top earner for the rest of the season) in which time Brown should be fit. Shows why we really need to take the cup seriously. Plus I've been a BUFC fan since year 2000 and never seen a cup run, surely this is the year?