Author Topic: 3-2 against Alfreton... AGAIN  (Read 14275 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: 3-2 against Alfreton... AGAIN
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 07:58:56 AM »
Word for word my thoughts there OP.

How long will we go on saying individual mistakes, when it's easier just to say Maguire. Really hope he improves but just look back and he is the common link to the soft goals (not all of course but more than fair share).

Let's have a tight, no nonsense display on Saturday, bank the cash and get in the hat.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 08:05:09 AM »
On my annual jolly in Great Yarmouth so missed the game. Well done lads.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 08:11:20 AM »
Result was good, albeit very lucky. Had we not won a penalty, resulting in a man off, it would have been a different story. I still feel we don't have enough firepower to be play off contenders, and the defense is still under performing but the result all the same is very welcome and we are moving in the right direction.  Praise must be made for the team though,and for the manager who made the right changes.  And this leads me onto the flashpoint of the night as reports are showing ...  according to those reports, a few fans in the main stand behind the dugout were abusing the home bench with what was termed derogatory and personal abuse, aimed at the manager who made some changes. When these changes proved to bring us the win, this is when the manager cupped his hands to his ears, and rightly so ! We all have a right to our opinions, but its how we construct them and voice them that can be the issue more times that not. When the red rag rages inside, its easy to go over the top.
I'm with the happy clapping twin on all this,  its becoming embarrassing all this infighting with abuse from all sides and needs to stop.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 09:27:10 AM »
I saw both MB  and DG turning towards the stand.
It must be difficult to restrain yourself when you have a constant ear bashing.
I fail to understand what this person is trying to achieve

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 09:38:26 AM »
Leftback - I don't think play offs will happen. Not just because of lack of firepower but because at the other end of the pitch. I reckon we need two new centre halves. Maguire may be ok to play alongside a bit of an 'Alan White' type character but as the main man in defence he is being exposed week in, week out.

Interesting about the abuse towards the bench. I also had loads of text abuse from my mates during the game saying we are this, that and the other and losing again and going down etc etc. Big lesson here is that they (as with the fans behind the dugout) should wait until the game is over before gobbing off like that. Obviously haven't played the game themselves or they would understand things can change in an instant.

On the subject of abuse, a guy behind the Away dugout was really losing it during the first half - a proper Mr Angry - aiming stuff all over the place - at both sets of players and the officials. Nicky Law the Alfreton manager went over to him and gave him a very calm and measured explanation as to why he should relax a little and think about the example he was setting to others around him - and his two young children  - both of whom I would add were using the 'C' word on occasion - and these are primary school kids.

Interesting night anyway. Think if Alfreton had come at us on full gas for longer periods rather than trying to hold on to what they had then they would have gone away with 3 points. As it is, we are three unbeaten (and still in the FA Cup) :)

TEP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 09:59:55 AM »
While i support all fans having a view, no matter from what angle etc, good or bad, i strongly object to personal abuse like that has being suggested happened last night.  It then comes to a point when you have to question just where you draw a line, and should the stewards have taken a sterner stance, and ejected said person/persons.  I really don't want any of our fan base to be ejected, but there comes a point when abuse oversteps the mark.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 10:09:08 AM »
Leftback - I don't think play offs will happen. Not just because of lack of firepower but because at the other end of the pitch. I reckon we need two new centre halves. Maguire may be ok to play alongside a bit of an 'Alan White' type character but as the main man in defence he is being exposed week in, week out.

Interesting about the abuse towards the bench. I also had loads of text abuse from my mates during the game saying we are this, that and the other and losing again and going down etc etc. Big lesson here is that they (as with the fans behind the dugout) should wait until the game is over before gobbing off like that. Obviously haven't played the game themselves or they would understand things can change in an instant.

On the subject of abuse, a guy behind the Away dugout was really losing it during the first half - a proper Mr Angry - aiming stuff all over the place - at both sets of players and the officials. Nicky Law the Alfreton manager went over to him and gave him a very calm and measured explanation as to why he should relax a little and think about the example he was setting to others around him - and his two young children  - both of whom I would add were using the 'C' word on occasion - and these are primary school kids.

Interesting night anyway. Think if Alfreton had come at us on full gas for longer periods rather than trying to hold on to what they had then they would have gone away with 3 points. As it is, we are three unbeaten (and still in the FA Cup) :)

TEP

TEP,
i agree our defense is a weakness also, we have good playmakers but no strength at the back and not enough firepower up top, although the big man is doing us proud.  As for the endless quotes of "we're going down" etc, didn't we have all this the last two seasons during the few few months of each season !  While we might not make the play offs this year, we certainly won't be going down.  Its just a knee jerk reaction, by those that are angry with the manager, or as recently, even our chairman. As with this guy with kids, dear oh dear.... bad parenting first and foremost. But if that was what they were like, they need to be pointed out to the stewards as they are in what should be a family enclosure.  And these people wonder why gates are going down hey !!

Lets all lay down the grievances, and move forward together. Its the only way this club can achieve what it wants to achieve.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 11:23:52 AM »
Changing the subject, in all the excitement (!) I missed who was awarded MOM. St Juste? Smith? perhaps someone can enlighten me.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 11:24:25 AM »
While i support all fans having a view, no matter from what angle etc, good or bad, i strongly object to personal abuse like that has being suggested happened last night.  It then comes to a point when you have to question just where you draw a line, and should the stewards have taken a sterner stance, and ejected said person/persons.  I really don't want any of our fan base to be ejected, but there comes a point when abuse oversteps the mark.

The obvious answer to this problem is to move the dug outs to Spayne Lane where where the management would always receive total support and extremely friendly advice.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 12:41:16 PM »
Changing the subject, in all the excitement (!) I missed who was awarded MOM. St Juste? Smith? perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Jason St Juste was chosen as the Pilgrims' MOTM.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 12:45:43 PM »
May I have my say on the constant abuse Dennis gets from behind the dugout. As I sit on my own behind it you must all be talking about me. I have chats with Dennis we don't always agree but in no way do I constantly abuse him. So please get your facts right. The so called abuse comes from the back of the stand. And I have on more than one occasion asked that man why he bothers coming. Just wanted to put you straight thanks for the chance to get the facts out

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 01:00:22 PM »
I think we were very lucky to get the win but I would take that every game. I think what upset some fans was marshal being substituted. Dennis said he took him off because he was at fault for the second goal. Even though everyone thought he was playing well and nobody got taken off after the first goal. And a few more players were having worse games. So not really constant abuse just opinions

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »
Marshall is turning into a key player for us, with his versatility. He seems to glide past players when he dribbles, a bit like Ricky Miller did - just without the explosion at the end!

I think we need an Ellender/Richard Jones-type centre-back alongside either Robinson or Maguire. Can we clone Smith and convert him to a centre-back?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 01:25:18 PM »
Oh how we need a decent center half we really are leaking some sloppy goals simply by being just brushed off the ball and not making instant decisions and taking command of situations.

I see on the news that the UK is currently warmer than Thailand. Somebody better tell Pidge. That's exactly the type of player we need.

He's moving to Melbourne, permanently.

Arse.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 02:32:57 PM »
May I have my say on the constant abuse Dennis gets from behind the dugout. As I sit on my own behind it you must all be talking about me. I have chats with Dennis we don't always agree but in no way do I constantly abuse him. So please get your facts right. The so called abuse comes from the back of the stand. And I have on more than one occasion asked that man why he bothers coming. Just wanted to put you straight thanks for the chance to get the facts out

Well said Mick, hopefully that will stop leftback trying to make something out of nothing,
I heard no derogatory or personal abuse just the usual moaning.

Sometimes I have a moan but really don't mind eating humble pie when DG does his tactical master stroke as I'm sur you don't mind either 😀😀