Author Topic: 3-2 against Alfreton... AGAIN  (Read 14271 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
3-2 against Alfreton... AGAIN
« on: September 13, 2016, 10:02:04 PM »
Credit to the players for not accepting just a point, and to keep going for the winner.

8) 8)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 3-2 against Alfreton... AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 10:12:39 PM »
tremendous entertainment from start to finish....Alfreton lost the plot completely following the award of Uniteds penalty and the sending off of Edmundson...credit to Cameron Johnson for making an  {unexpected} impact in his cameo appearance...and what a winner from Gregg Smith!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 10:17:28 PM »
Thought we had lost it when their second went in.....
A draw would have felt like a win,,,,,,glad the players disagreed.
Fantastic finish..and great example of why you shouldn't leave a game early ...!!
Pleased for DG and MB...

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 10:22:15 PM »
Gregg Smith deserved his goal kept going against 3 big defenders often getting no reward for his endeavors. Would be a lot happier if the defence took charge and stopped the sloppy errors. Let's hope a cup run is something to look forward too.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 10:37:39 PM »
Some of our post-match posters seem to have disappeared the last 3 matches .

Gregg Smith deserved his goal kept going against 3 big defenders often getting no reward for his endeavors. Would be a lot happier if the defence took charge and stopped the sloppy errors. Let's hope a cup run is something to look forward too.

My thoughts exactly Mike .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 10:52:15 PM »

I'm one who's stopped posting. I deleted all my recent posts and stopped posting due to being incredibly fed up with the infighting. It's mindless and boring, and gone on far too long. Great result and great performance today. That's the most important thing. We've got team spirit at last. Shame it's not the same here on patter, though.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 10:55:31 PM »
How the hell did we win that? but we did and I suppose that is all that matters. Oh how we need a decent center half we really are leaking some sloppy goals simply by being just brushed off the ball and not making instant decisions and taking command of situations. Ah well it's three points and I am grateful for that and grateful to Smithy for his great efforts good to see he has just signed a two year deal.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 10:56:17 PM »

I'm one who's stopped posting. I deleted all my recent posts and stopped posting due to being incredibly fed up with the infighting. It's mindless and boring, and gone on far too long. Great result and great performance today. That's the most important thing. We've got team spirit at last. Shame it's not the same here on patter, though.

Yes you come on after a win and give praise if deserved ,   some sit at home twiddling there thumbs waiting for the next defeat .

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 10:59:56 PM »
Play offs here we come. Ain't no stopping us now - McFadden and Whitehead. DG is a god after all!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 11:11:43 PM »

Yes you come on after a win and give praise if deserved ,   some sit at home twiddling there thumbs waiting for the next defeat .
sadly i've had more than enough of it all. I genuinely used to enjoy the debate that went backwards and forwards with this topsy turvy season. It's got to the point of I can't be doing with getting involved any more. It's not a debate in some areas but a mindless hate campaign. I'd prefer not to give my opinion as I only allow myself to be frustrated by some replies. United is a word often typed on here, yet seldom happens.
However, tonight WELL DONE Dennis, Bunny and the team. Fantastic spirit, fantastic result. Hope your "thumb twiddlers" hit the happy button, just for once.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 11:35:57 PM »
I don't generally post after games, but spent my hour+ drive home thinking about the game. I agree with the comments about crediting the players for keeping going and showing resolve. The result papers over certain cracks, though. We gave them their first goal, but when we equalised for the first time I thought we would put them under pressure. But no; we put ourselves under pressure by more or less gifting them another. I may be proved wrong when the highlights are available, but from where I was the penalty looked distinctly fortunate - but it was a great header by Smith to win it. I wasn't impressed by DG's unnecessarily triumphalist antics as he left the pitch, and these only go to reinforce the impression of his character I get from time to time. Again, I may be reading things wrongly. In my view, he'd be far better off concentrating on sorting out our deficiencies at the back, making sure that we don't constantly attempt the headline 30/40 yard passes which go astray rather than the easier and shorter option (some of our passing tonight was woeful), and harnessing the obvious passion of Gregg Smith to as many other players as possible. Having said this, we had some very good passages of play tonight, and are clearly a better side than we were two or three weeks ago. I hope we're going in the right direction.

Up the Pilgrims!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 11:47:18 PM »
Couldn't agree more OP - well said.

TEP

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 01:12:30 AM »
Hardly surprising that Den celebrated like he did at the end after the abuse one "fan" gave him at half time,he blamed Den for the goal,how it can be the managers fault when he is at the dug out is beyond me,anyhow said fan got warned by a steward (in a friendly way) ..

Smithy took his goal well considering he had been dragged to the floor,he got up when he saw the ball crossed in and rose to head home whereas others may well have stayed down,it is this spirit and attitude that have made him a fans favourite...... Maybe it wasn't a penalty but Magoo had missed loads of fouls in the box (inc elbows on Greg) so we should have got one anyway..

Wish the Town End could keep the noise going all match though instead of periodically but at least there was an atmosphere unlike last week..

Onto the cup and hopefully into the hat on Monday :)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 06:51:03 AM »
Oh how we need a decent center half we really are leaking some sloppy goals simply by being just brushed off the ball and not making instant decisions and taking command of situations.

I see on the news that the UK is currently warmer than Thailand. Somebody better tell Pidge. That's exactly the type of player we need.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 06:52:19 AM »
Oakham pilgrim basically sums it all up for me.
Can't beat a last min winner!
Well done to everyone involved that includes us fans for the buzz around the old ground in the 2nd half.