Author Topic: Tonight's ref  (Read 6494 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Tonight's ref
« on: September 06, 2016, 10:42:22 PM »
Worth saying he was excellent IMHO.
Didn't miss much..generally got it right...was fair.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's ref
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 08:10:22 AM »
Better than the linesman on our side who flagged offside from a back pass in the first ten minutes.........

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:10:43 AM »
Better than the linesman on our side who flagged offside from a back pass in the first ten minutes.........
and that's why hes an official at our level!
Sunday league club linesmen should be able to get that right... it wasn't even debatable!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »
Not sure which side you were on but the Spain Road lino takes some beating,flags Jay offside when the ball came back to him after being blocked by a defender ....

Both he and the ref missed a lot of shirt pulls and drags to the floor as corners were coming in,looks like that new rule was soon forgotten about.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 06:01:32 PM »
OK the linesman made a mistake but at least he apologised to the BPA manager and admitted he was wrong.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 09:16:54 PM »
Didn't think much of the ref to be honest. Small man syndrome.

TEP

The Infamous Stevie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 02:43:36 AM »
Personally I think he was average. Very good play on for that back pass. Missed a blatant penalty for them. Gave free kicks for nothing and some quality tackles also

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 08:25:21 AM »
Personally I think he was average. Very good play on for that back pass. Missed a blatant penalty for them. Gave free kicks for nothing and some quality tackles also

Just looked at the video, not a penalty for me. Arms tucked in hit him on the elbow. Slow it down and take a look.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 10:05:08 AM »
The referee said to the bpa manager yes it hit his arm but it was next to his body not outstretched saving it

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 10:43:06 AM »
He even let Maguire block on the line with his hands. Best ref we've had this year.

Wasn't it St Juste and not Maguire who blocked the ball on the line?
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 11:22:48 AM »

Just looked at the video, not a penalty for me. Arms tucked in hit him on the elbow. Slow it down and take a look.

Not a penalty for me, either.

I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 03:01:47 PM »
Doesn't matter WE WON,🙂🙂
All refs are shit in this league,

2nd half domination paid off in the end
Onwards and upwards we go, I hope?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 08:07:43 PM »

Not a penalty for me, either.

wrong incident in photo i think.....on twitter the ball hit magure's arm....but in photo maguire is left of picture looking at ball hitting st juste......ironic that we're discussing "bad" reffing decisions......

It's a still from the highlights of the incident right at the end of the game where Dickinson had a shot and it hit St Juste on the line. When was the Maguire incident?