Author Topic: Attendance 905...is it really that poor for a Tues night game ?  (Read 10088 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Attendance 905...is it really that poor for a Tues night game ?
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:46:54 PM »
What do folks think about the attendance tonight ? Is 905 really that poor, considering that midweek evening kick offs have a history of much lower crowds, especially when a team is not on form.  Personally, i expected around the 900-950 mark tonight.
Previous stats from the last two seasons for home midweek games are as follows. ( Note festive games and afternoon kick offs will always attract more ) -

H Tues 11th Aug  7.45pm    Solihull - Attendance: 1,140 (22 visitors).
H  Mon 31st Aug  3pm         Tamworth - Attendance: 1,187 (74 visitors).
H  Tues 10th Nov  7.45pm   Harrogate - Attendance: 1,074 (40 visitors).
H  Mon 28th Dec   3pm        Gainsborough - ( festive crowd ) - Attendance: 1,889 (86 visitors).

H   Tue 16th Aug  7.45pm  Tamworth - Attendance: 965 (33 visitors).

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance 905...is it really that poor for a Tues night game ?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:22:46 PM »
What do folks think about the attendance tonight ? Is 905 really that poor, considering that midweek evening kick offs have a history of much lower crowds, especially when a team is not on form.  Personally, i expected around the 900-950 mark tonight.
Previous stats from the last two seasons for home midweek games are as follows. ( Note festive games and afternoon kick offs will always attract more ) -

H Tues 11th Aug  7.45pm    Solihull - Attendance: 1,140 (22 visitors).
H  Mon 31st Aug  3pm         Tamworth - Attendance: 1,187 (74 visitors).
H  Tues 10th Nov  7.45pm   Harrogate - Attendance: 1,074 (40 visitors).
H  Mon 28th Dec   3pm        Gainsborough - ( festive crowd ) - Attendance: 1,889 (86 visitors).

H   Tue 16th Aug  7.45pm  Tamworth - Attendance: 965 (33 visitors).

905 was not a bad attendance for a midweek game in the holiday period IMO......

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 10:39:50 PM »
Not forgetting it is three days after previous game

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 10:45:18 PM »
Cheers Guys,  i thought i was going mad when i kept hearing quotes of we should be hitting over 1,100 for these games ! While we might be one of the best supported teams in this league, with a huge base of loyal fans, i think realistically midweek games will always attract around the 1,000 mark at best. Obviously, big cup games ( if we ever see them again, lol ) and local rivalry matches will always bump up the crowds by a good 200.  Its been asked over the years just what we can do to keep these extra people coming back. But in reality, these are normally the types who only turn up to the said "big" matches, regardless of form etc.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 10:48:26 PM »
Did you turn up Left back ? How many does the Tulips get midweek?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 11:08:40 PM »

I think you need to find some respect and grow up, the reason i have not attended for many months apart from our opening game is due to issues effecting my health of which i will not talk about on here.  I have more pressing issues right now that having idiots like you making stupid comments like this !

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 11:03:18 AM »
About right.

People say we're a big club at this level based on crowds alone, but the fact is we're not even one of the top ten best supported clubs in the National League North. Stockport, Kiddy, Salford, Darlington 1883, Chorley, Fylde, AFC Telford, Altrincham, FCUM and FC Halifax all draw more.

We're the 28th best supported non-league club overall, as it stands. That's just shows how strong non-league football is at the moment and where we are in the pecking order, realistically.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 11:37:46 AM »
[ u still bitter about us loosing to spalding get over it cus they were better than boston on the day

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 02:33:32 PM »
You can only do what your health & distance will let you ..working or retired.
   Kirby Muxloe looks do able for me ,but appears little parking and seating ..

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 03:29:34 PM »
You can only do what your health & distance will let you ..working or retired.
   Kirby Muxloe looks do able for me ,but appears little parking and seating ..

Exactly Ted. I've hardly missed a home game over the last half a dozen years, yet here i am now, struggling to attend...and it sucks !  The away game in the cup would have been one i would like to have gone to, as its a new ground for me to visit. But alas..
All the best to our good fan base that will make the trip,  keep positive folks !!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 03:57:18 PM »
Its OK for you to have a dig at me & N40!

I think you need to find some respect and grow up, the reason i have not attended for many months apart from our opening game is due to issues effecting my health of which i will not talk about on here.  I have more pressing issues right now that having idiots like you making stupid comments like this !
its OK for you to have a dig at me and N40?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 04:02:50 PM »
Its OK for you to have a dig at me & N40!

its OK for you to have a dig at me and N40?

Its time everything was dropped now, we all have differing opinions so what does making personal digs achieve.  We all want the team to make their way up the league, and while some will blame the manager, some won't.  Each to their own.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 07:50:09 PM »
Yes David, it's crap.
A sign of form and feeling towards the manager that we'd not got 900 home fans. Our last midweek home gate must've been 2 years ago, so although it was about what I expected, it is still very disappointing.
We are only 11th in the crowd rankings and we've arguably had our largest away support visit us already. Not good. We've probably budgeted for near 1500 crowds, not 1000 crowds

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 07:59:19 PM »
Yes David, it's crap.
A sign of form and feeling towards the manager that we'd not got 900 home fans. Our last midweek home gate must've been 2 years ago, so although it was about what I expected, it is still very disappointing.
We are only 11th in the crowd rankings and we've arguably had our largest away support visit us already. Not good. We've probably budgeted for near 1500 crowds, not 1000 crowds
wasnt the Tamworth game on a tuesday night??

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 11:56:38 AM »
Yes David, it's crap.

Early season gates are normally low ,  4 home games in 22 days is beyond the pocket of many in a low pay area . Also add holidays and parents buying school uniforms etc ,  simple economics again which many football fans fail to grasp . Taking these factors into account and the poor results it suggests the "feeling towards the manager " must be very respectful .

I think many have not come to terms with this " Manchester" Northern Conference .   With this seasons intake of teams an even bigger bias towards the Manchester area has emerged producing many local derbys thus increased gates . Even with a winning team we would find it difficult to get in the top 8 best attendance figures .
Re: budgeting, I would be surprised if Newton was not more able at this than the normal fan .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:02:47 PM by green hats mate »