Author Topic: v BPA  (Read 9443 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v BPA
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »
Have to disagree with you in respect of the signings LeftBack. I can't recall that many have come in with big reputations / history of delivering at this level or any level. We've signed a lot that have played in the Conference North previously - but they haven't exactly set the league alight whilst doing so. I'm not a big fan of taking players from within the same league - many just prove to be cast-offs. The following have all played at this level previously:

Dibble (Nuneaton)
St Juste (BPA, Fylde)
Colley (BPA, Stockport)
Emery (Gainsborough)
Maguire (Nuneaton)
Chippendale (BPA)
Pepe NGome (Corby)
Thomas (Corby)

I may be wrong but if you look at their history then I would say there is little potential amongst this bunch. They've probably performed exactly how you might expect. Personally, I'd much rather see some players coming in that have either dropped down a level (Southwell type) or have been really good at the level below and have the potential to step up (maybe Smith?). Interestingly, Smith has probably been our most effective player this season, yet DG has never opted for a target man in previous campaigns. Maybe a sign that he knows we are lacking quality in many areas of the pitch.

TEP

Of the above Dibble has gone and I think Emery is a coach /standby keeper .  hopefully Nagoma will settle in to be a good signing .
Thomas was part of a very leaky Corby defence last season ,  when Pidge came he had been a part of an even leakier Corby defence,  so hope there .
The last two seasons we have had Pidge , Mills and Roberts who have been top performers all signed from Con N clubs .

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:32:00 PM by green hats mate »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »
Get Fairhurst back and he will start knocking the goals in , looking forward to seeing Smith and Fairhurst up front

Fairhurst due back in training tonight - maybe a spot on the bench Saturday.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 01:14:01 PM »
Have to disagree with you in respect of the signings LeftBack. I can't recall that many have come in with big reputations / history of delivering at this level or any level. We've signed a lot that have played in the Conference North previously - but they haven't exactly set the league alight whilst doing so. I'm not a big fan of taking players from within the same league - many just prove to be cast-offs. The following have all played at this level previously:

Dibble (Nuneaton)
St Juste (BPA, Fylde)
Colley (BPA, Stockport)
Emery (Gainsborough)
Maguire (Nuneaton)
Chippendale (BPA)
Pepe NGome (Corby)
Thomas (Corby)

I may be wrong but if you look at their history then I would say there is little potential amongst this bunch. They've probably performed exactly how you might expect. Personally, I'd much rather see some players coming in that have either dropped down a level (Southwell type) or have been really good at the level below and have the potential to step up (maybe Smith?). Interestingly, Smith has probably been our most effective player this season, yet DG has never opted for a target man in previous campaigns. Maybe a sign that he knows we are lacking quality in many areas of the pitch.

TEP

Of that list, one stands out a lot, and that person is St Juste. Over the last few seasons, most of our fans were calling for him to be signed, as he was hyped by these fans as one of the best players at this level.  I wonder if Den signed him because our fanbase rated him so much in the past ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 01:57:05 PM »
Dennis has been trying to sign St Juste for the past 2 summers berfore this one, but as St Juste was unable to commit to the traveling until now.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 02:14:32 PM »
Dennis has been trying to sign St Juste for the past 2 summers berfore this one, but as St Juste was unable to commit to the traveling until now.

What's your thought's on him so far, from what you have seen ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 08:05:49 PM »

What's your thought's on him so far, from what you have seen ?

I think he's been good, but sometimes goes missing and then gets taken off. I still think we should be rotating Marshall, Rollins and St Juste - once Rollins can revert to the wings.

The Infamous Stevie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 08:08:41 PM »
Too critical!!! Miracles don't happen over night. And from the Chorley game that was a huge improvement!!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 08:26:41 PM »
Stevie - I don't think we've been that bad in any of the home games - it's just on the road where we have been woeful.

TEP