Author Topic: Trialists tuesday night  (Read 4685 times)

Tony A

• View Profile
Trialists tuesday night
« on: August 26, 2016, 03:00:32 PM »
Went to FC ground to watch under 21s. Two notable trialists on show, one for Mansfield, tall midfielder, don't know names but played first team for Grimsby last year, ex Arsenal, Crawley and other. Best player on field was our number 10 by a long way. Spanish, played Spanish league 2 for Palma and other. Very clever footballer with pace, scored well taken goal.Shame there wasn't another player in the team to play with him to his level. There wasn't any other player capable of a first team spot for us. We got the information from both of these players girlfriends.Couldn't see Dennis there looking at these trialists.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trialists tuesday night
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 03:18:05 PM »
Went to FC ground to watch under 21s. Two notable trialists on show, one for Mansfield, tall midfielder, don't know names but played first team for Grimsby last year, ex Arsenal, Crawley and other. Best player on field was our number 10 by a long way. Spanish, played Spanish league 2 for Palma and other. Very clever footballer with pace, scored well taken goal.Shame there wasn't another player in the team to play with him to his level. There wasn't any other player capable of a first team spot for us. We got the information from both of these players girlfriends.Couldn't see Dennis there looking at these trialists.

Expect Greene was at Cranwell checking on the progress of injured players .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 03:50:53 PM »
Who invited these 2 players?
A good report from Tony A.

Was Richard unpronouncablesurname there?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 06:18:45 PM »
Conor Henderson ... his wiki page seems to fit the description. Can't copy the link as phone playing up.

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 10:20:21 PM »
According to these two players girlfriends, the players or their agents applied for a trial with BUFC and Mansfield. I hope Dennis follows up on the Spanish player, but don't hold your breath.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 06:28:06 PM »
I hope Dennis follows up on the Spanish player, but don't hold your breath.

Signed today, came on 2nd half...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 07:22:32 PM »
I hope Dennis follows up on the Spanish player, but don't hold your breath.

Signed today, came on 2nd half...

Must be some old Bobby Zamora terrace anthems that can be rehashed, e.g. "When the ball hit's your head and you're sat in row Z that's Zamora. "

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 08:59:24 PM »
A One Week Wonder. Wish him all the best as he wasn't going to be part of plans here.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"