Author Topic: Town end  (Read 3579 times)

Steviemas

• View Profile
Town end
« on: September 02, 2016, 10:20:02 PM »
Looks like bufc have allocated the town end to the 100 odd fcum united supporters tomorrow for "safety reasons", could someone explain what these are, do they have a hard-core hooligan support that we need to be segregated from, highly unlikely from what I've experienced home and away, very knowledgeable set of fans who have always integrated well with Boston supporters.
 Struggling in the league at the moment and they give away our home end and atmosphere to the away supporters, unbelievable.

Offside trap

• View Profile
Re: Town end
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 11:46:10 PM »
The corner of YS stand only holds 200-300 officially anything bigger gets Town End. Stadium's certificate means all games must be segregated?
"If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again."
Terry Venables

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 12:03:52 AM »
Thanks for reply, be very surprised if fcum bring over 300, remember playing Donny in our conference winning season, they were accommodated in the York street corner no problem, I recall they bought a hefty travelling support, much bigger club than fcum, if such a problem on segregation why not open the whole of York street for away supporters, simple solution unless I'm missing something.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 07:24:56 AM »
why not open the whole of York street for away supporters, simple solution unless I'm missing something.

You are missing something. Your solution would annoy that section of the home support that watch matches from the York Street End, myself included. A couple of seasons ago I watched every single home match from that end and was then gutted when I had to be moved on for the Chorley play-off fixture. As well as having to watch the game from a different vantage point you also end up standing away from your regular mates, etc. and amongst people you don't know. Judge each case on its own merits, but don't automatically assume that the York Street end should be given up to away fans ahead of the Town End!

The other option would be to make the match all ticket for away fans and then limit the numbers to the capacity of the away enclosure. I'd prefer that as an option as at least you're keeping all of your regular customers happy and not messing about for the sake of people who will only attend one game at York Street all season. I realise though that we'd never do it as financially we'd lose out.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 07:27:45 AM »
why not open the whole of York street for away supporters, simple solution unless I'm missing something.

You are missing something. Your solution would annoy that section of the home support that watch matches from the York Street End, myself included. A couple of seasons ago I watched every single home match from that end and was then gutted when I had to be moved on for the Chorley play-off fixture. As well as having to watch the game from a different vantage point you also end up standing away from your regular mates, etc. and amongst people you don't know. Judge each case on its own merits, but don't automatically assume that the York Street end should be given up to away fans ahead of the Town End! All fans are equal and let's alternate which stand gets given over on these occasions.

The other option would be to make the match all ticket for away fans and then limit the numbers to the capacity of the away enclosure. I'd prefer that as an option as at least you're keeping all of your regular customers happy and not messing them about for the sake of people who will only attend one game at York Street all season. I realise though that we'd never do it as financially we'd lose out.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 08:06:25 AM »
I very much doubt FCUM will bring more than 200 fans but we shall see. I believe for safety reasons the away corner in the York Street End has a safety capacity of 200 supporters. Bear in mind the toilet facilities.
Also i enjoy watching footy in the York Street End. Why should we have to move?

Why not scrap segregation all together for this match? It worked at FCUM last season didnt it?

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 08:26:47 AM »
Yep, valid points, as you say Milo I doubt fcum will bring in excess of 200, agree about segregation, have never had any problems with fcum supporters, why we can't mingle at the game when we're all drinking before amazes me.
  Hopefully when we move to new ground this won't be an issue.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »
Thanks for reply, be very surprised if fcum bring over 300, remember playing Donny in our conference winning season, they were accommodated in the York street corner no problem, I recall they bought a hefty travelling support, much bigger club than fcum, if such a problem on segregation why not open the whole of York street for away supporters, simple solution unless I'm missing something.

October 31st last season we played them at home on a Saturday and they brought 379.