Author Topic: Take your Pick  (Read 13732 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Take your Pick
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 08:31:32 PM »
Let  Green get us fout of this mess. He got us into it.

Thats the one I go with Dip ,  but will he see it out ?   

Clubs are already looking for a change of manager , sure when these clubs scrutinise applicants they will be lucky to get one with a CV to match Greene,s .
Stalybridge and Alty have already parted company with managers this weekend. Decisive actions taken before things go too far. Perhaps a lesson to learn.....and before anyone asks me, I'll give the same answer I gave last year.....Gareth Jelleyman. Knows the club well, and the level well.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:36:04 PM by The Happy Clapping Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 08:45:47 PM »
Definitely need to get some experienced players in , replacing the quality of the players who left was never gonna happen without a far bigger budget

Ah now that makes far more sense, or am i being silly?
Replace him with Managers from clubs that are near the bottom of an higher league. Yes that makes perfect sense to me!!!

No your not being silly lgm.

The names I put up at the top of the thread have  had several sackings between them from clubs fighting relegation .  Yet again those demanding "Greene must go" fail to nominate anyone better than these failures .    Seems odd .

True what Mike says , but is the money available ?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:47:46 PM by green hats mate »

cup half full

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 08:54:27 PM »
Would have thought the money that needs to be made available is less than we will lose in reduced gates in an at best lower mid table team.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 09:03:50 PM »
Ok, so we're near the foot of the table at the start of the season. Fylde are at the top, come mid season i expect us to be nearer the top than we are now, but i still expect Fylde to be very near to where they are now. Why, because someone is bank rolling them to get in to the league.
How many of these clubs have we seen before, and how many have we seen fail and end up bust.
If we're where we are now with four games to go, i'll start to worry.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 09:06:25 PM »
Greene mgr
  GHM asst mgr ..non playing
    Bunny ?  U21 s

If you read my comments Ted you will see that none are based on footballing experience ,
always based on logic , i e its no good chasing a northern based player playing for a club on his doorstep and with work commitments expecting him to travel down to Lincolnshire for an extra £150-£200 a week .

You,re more qualified than me Ted with your tactical comments ,  how do you assess the new players from what you have seen of then ?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 09:16:26 PM »
None attended yet GHM
 Based 95 mile from Boston
  Hope to attend aways at Stockport .Telford ,Tam , Nuni ? but not at nite  for health reasons ..
    From the Home videos i have seen , we seem pretty good at clearing off the line . :angel:

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 09:27:38 PM »
None attended yet GHM
 Based 95 mile from Boston
  Hope to attend aways at Stockport .Telford ,Tam , Nuni ? but not at nite  for health reasons ..
    From the Home videos i have seen , we seem pretty good at clearing off the line . :angel:

Did,nt think you had .
At least your closer than some of our players .
Instead of watching the goal line clearances at the town end look up at the advert on the stand Ted ,  at the above games a packet of Jakeman,s throat and chest lozengers are a must .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 09:32:16 PM »
Im a bit worried they sell them at chemists :o

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 10:12:49 PM »
Greene seems to be in the firing line from supporters everywhere - we were told that the budget had been increased - but I have also heard that it had been reduced.   

The supporters have no idea what the budget is and if it has been reduced, along with losing most of the successful players from last season - it was going to be very difficult to replace them.  Having so many injuries at the start of the season doesn't help the cause either.

I wouldn't be surprised if he looked elsewhere  - his CV (apart from the start to this season) is second to none, and those who want him out could get their wish - but would those "supporters" be any different no matter who was in charge?

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 07:09:30 AM »
If its the budget that is causing the problem would the club be better using the money paid to Craig the new CEO etc on playing staff. Most other clubs at this level don't have full time admin staff.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2016, 07:49:06 AM »
If its the budget that is causing the problem would the club be better using the money paid to Craig the new CEO etc on playing staff. Most other clubs at this level don't have full time admin staff.

With all due respect Chelski other clubs at our level don't command gates of 1100ish,perhaps haven't got a ground move in the pipeline and almost certainly aren't involved in the community to the extent that BUFC are.All these things take time and energy to organise.Im sure if you saw the amount of work that Craig gets through during the week and on matchday you would retract your comments about someones livelihood...

Having said that,its not a great start weve had I agree.But any club at any level would struggle to cope with the amount of injuries that we have started the season with. Just because you increase the player budget,as you are indicating,doesnt necessary guarantee success.Its obvious that some of the current crop aren't strong enough or up for the challenge that our league presents and its up to DG to work within his budget to hopefully find a solution.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 09:42:54 AM »

Liam WATSON

He has retired from management for personal reasons.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 10:07:56 AM »

Talking to a vociferous "DG out " person pre-match about this time last season I asked him suggest a way to increase the player budget , like Chelsea he suggested Craig out . 
Producing award winning programme , club secretary ,and great commercial prowess makes Craig an integral part of the club ,  great cash generator and PR man .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 11:20:25 AM »
Laughable.

Anyone suggesting Craig be lopped from the wage bill is so catastrophically ignorant of his importance to the club - particularly in terms of his revenue-raising commercial role - that their opinion can be safely disregarded.

Unless they actually WANT the budget to be cut, the programme to become selection of badly printed cut n paste Wiki articles, and the club to degenerate into a comically unprofessional administrative shambles of course... in which case they should just become Grimsby fans.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 11:25:41 AM »
Laughable.

Anyone suggesting Craig be lopped from the wage bill is so catastrophically ignorant of his importance to the club - particularly in terms of his revenue-raising commercial role - that their opinion can be safely disregarded.

Unless they actually WANT the budget to be cut, the programme to become selection of badly printed cut n paste Wiki articles, and the club to degenerate into a comically unprofessional administrative shambles of course... in which case they should just become Grimsby fans.
and i did laugh :)