Author Topic: Kidderminster  (Read 5690 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kidderminster
« on: August 27, 2016, 05:26:28 PM »
Great fight back to salvage a point against a decent Kidderminster side.
The weather made it difficult to play football second half but they stuck at it and showed good team spirit.  :dan

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kidderminster
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 06:24:48 PM »
The referee was absolute shite again, the same as last season, couldn't wait to book our players and let theirs get away with worse infringements.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 06:27:03 PM »
The wind was definitely a factor - they had it 1st half, us the 2nd. Battled well, played some decent stuff in patches.

Once we get a few players back, we'll keep picking up the points.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 09:07:08 PM »
Here we go again...
The ref was poor the grass was green the wind blew and it rained thunder too the opposition turned up all major factors in us not winning again...
Let the last gasp upturn in effort paper over all that was wrong and so obvious to see to us all.
Rode our luck on many occasions Dibble catch the crosses come on. The only plus points were Smith immense effort at both ends of the pitch.. His work rate and desire needs to be looked at by the rest of the squad. Also the new lad Robinson put his body on the line well done to you both.
Excuses aside the real facts are we are at the moment a poor side and we need to hope we find 4 worse sides than us come May.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 09:12:49 PM »
Maybe a match for the moaners to envy the  opposition fans .

A match of full-timers v a newly assembled team of part-timers savaged by injuries and a squad  containing 8 players 21 and under .
The p/t team coped with the bad conditions maybe better than the full-time pro,s .
Kiddy had 15 corners and failed to convert one .
The part-timers goal came from  a set piece ,  questions how p/t team can score from set pieces and full-timers fail .
Little wonder their manager,s tactics are getting questioned .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 09:23:54 PM »
Here we go again...
The ref was poor the grass was green the wind blew and it rained thunder too the opposition turned up all major factors in us not winning again...
Let the last gasp upturn in effort paper over all that was wrong and so obvious to see to us all.
Rode our luck on many occasions Dibble catch the crosses come on. The only plus points were Smith immense effort at both ends of the pitch.. His work rate and desire needs to be looked at by the rest of the squad. Also the new lad Robinson put his body on the line well done to you both.
Excuses aside the real facts are we are at the moment a poor side and we need to hope we find 4 worse sides than us come May.

As an ex-manager Shrimper what would you  think if your full-time team had 15 corners against  a team of newly assembled lads and failed to convert any of then ? 

Was the Boston goal down to a well planned free kick or bad defending .?

How did you rate the Kiddy team .  Nice to hear a former managers views on fellow managers .

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 09:28:08 PM »
Hard for Dibble to catch a cross when they had two players jumping into him with every ball in,he had too punch it,had he tried to catch he would have dropped the ball cos of the said two players as the officials were not giving us anything for them...

Yes,we rode our luck at times BUT surely we deserve some,as stated 8 players out injured,two more new faces to fit in with the other 20 new ones... I said weeks ago patience was needed as they gel together,this is made even harder with the injuries mentioned.

The wind was bad,the rain was bad,the ref was shite we got a draw.. Onto Monday and just hope that we have something left in the tank after today...

Not a happy clapper,not blinkered,just stating facts...

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 10:05:40 PM »
Good point considering we got outplayed for the majority and shouldve been out of sight before we scored. Unlike chorley game, I can't knock the attitude and work rate even if quality was lacking quite a lot. Well stuck at it and good atmosphere despite fears it would turn nasty after they scored.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 10:09:03 PM »
It's a funny ole game.
Full time Kiddie have not lost away. Scoring about 9 goals ..
Our "dodgy defence" kept them out. :)
We had to score for them ..
Yes we rode our luck ..but...maybe we need a bit..

The pool at the corner was quite funny  :)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 10:15:19 PM »
Despite my previous posts I would like to give credit to the boys for not folding as in previous games when going behind. Although this team has it's limitations all I ever ask is 100% effort and the majority gave that.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 10:17:26 PM »
The pool lol Greg scored 10/10 for diving in that lol

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 07:28:27 AM »
only the 2nd game for me, even though we drew i thought we looked better than we did against Tamworth. Defense looked better organised and less passes went astray. We didnt fall apart like we have in other games once we went behind and we were more likely to get the winner than Kiddy.
Hopefully the players will take some real confidence from that game, thought the crowd were supportive and the players seemed to appreciated it. If we can get something on Monday we then have 2 winable home games, be positive people.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 10:22:21 AM »
only the 2nd game for me, even though we drew i thought we looked better than we did against Tamworth. Defense looked better organised and less passes went astray. We didnt fall apart like we have in other games once we went behind and we were more likely to get the winner than Kiddy.
Hopefully the players will take some real confidence from that game, thought the crowd were supportive and the players seemed to appreciated it. If we can get something on Monday we then have 2 winable home games, be positive people.
Fully agree so I'm hitting my hands together whilst smiling

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 10:52:18 AM »
After 15-20 minutes I thought, here we go again, but as the game went on, a small glimmer of hope appeared through the darkened skies. That glimmer was team spirit and not giving up. Thought the new centre back was chuffing brilliant, block, block, block. He may have been unlucky with their goal, but he saved 3 more at least. And Gregg Smith's first 45 may have ended with red on another day, at least he showed some commitment and balls. There were others on the field that I'm damned sure  saw his effort and it motivated them too. We got what we deserved in the end, but I have to say, if I'd been a Kiddy fan, I'd have gone home wondering how we hadn't won due to all the first half pressure. Well done Pilgrims.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684