Author Topic: Weekly Rant  (Read 6615 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Weekly Rant
« on: August 22, 2016, 01:15:41 PM »
Time for my weekly football rant... I said weeks ago that the team need time too gel,we are creating chances but not scoring whereas the opposition are,that's football,miss and you get punished eventually but with 5 first teamers sidelined it is hard for Den and the team too gel. Instead of the constant whinging why not get BEHIND the team and not criticise at every turn?? Asking for Den to be sacked is a negative move IMO, we have finished 6th and in play off the last two of his three seasons,things will work out but it takes time.. If your manager gives you a task at work and you fail to do as asked who gets the rollocking and maybe the sack? Not the manager,YOU cos you didn't do as instructed,I am NOT saying players should be sacked,just pointing things out,these lads proved they can do the job but they need confidence,a good performance or two but more importantly then need US,the FANS,behind them,supporting them.. IF you do not like either Den or the team then stop going,I did under McFraud as my protest,attending games only served to pay him and make him feel good,so stay away if it that bad for you and stop the comments.I shall be there on Saturday and the following game whether we win lose or draw shouting the team on,personal abuse at management and/or players is pointless and childish,how would you perform if someone came to you at work and gave you shit for 90 minutes?
Oh,one final question,IF David lets Den go as you wish,name  a suitable replacement who has achieved as much in three years,go on give us a name,,,You will struggle ,,,,

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Rant
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:22:23 PM »
Mark Bower.

Let go by Guiseley yesterday - inevitably, there were a few wishful tweets floating about by people eager to see us ditch Den and get him in. His win rate there was 44%. What's Greene's here again?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:06:42 PM »
How much would it cost to a) sack Greene (2 year contract), b) hire Mark Bower, with no guarantee of success?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 02:39:14 PM »
first of all you aren't Crazy
secondly, this shouldn't have to be weekly.
it might take 10 games to get it right, trouble is there are so many coming so fast....i hope DG gets a bit of luck (mind you we had plenty v Tamworth!)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 03:19:55 PM »
How much would it cost to a) sack Greene (2 year contract), b) hire Mark Bower, with no guarantee of success?

And no guarantee that Bower would take the job !!!!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 04:32:14 PM »
Keep Greene and let him suffer like the happy clappers!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 04:39:57 PM »
I for one think Greene should be given every chance.

But he has to sort this shambles out ASAP.

Fa cup around the corner, a danger of being involved in a relegation battle, even this early in the season.

Falling gates, and contract players injured.

I will still be there on Saturday, I have not given up ( just yet ;) )
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 06:45:13 PM »
 How is Mark Bower a better manager ? He's just been sacked cos he isn't good enough ! Last season Guiseley only stayed up thanks to the point they got off Braintree by scoring when a Braintree player kicked the ball out for a injured Guiseley player to get treatment and Guiseley didn't give Braintree the ball back , Bower thought that was great  :(

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 08:47:21 PM »
first of all you aren't Crazy
secondly, this shouldn't have to be weekly.
it might take 10 games to get it right, trouble is there are so many coming so fast....i hope DG gets a bit of luck (mind you we had plenty v Tamworth!)

Fans may need to accept that an upper mid-table finish may be what we achieve this season. Right now, I'd take top 10.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 10:35:17 AM »
Falling gates

Not the greatest of sample sizes to use at the moment???

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 10:43:48 AM »
I hope I am wrong Ferret, we will soon know on Saturday.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 11:03:12 AM »
Crazy Neil - creating chances ? I read that we had no more than one shot on goal in the second half at Chorley ? And this was when we knew we had to come out second half and score a minimum of two goals.

My view is that we have a handful of decent players - just as many that aren't decent enough though. Real lack of leadership amongst any of them. Maybe Brown has these qualities but no use if he's not playing.

Have faith that DG will turn it around but this won't be a promotion season.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 12:25:08 PM »
Crazy Neil - creating chances ? I read that we had no more than one shot on goal in the second half at Chorley ? And this was when we knew we had to come out second half and score a minimum of two goals.

Each game I've been to (Stalybridge, Harrogate and Tamworth) we have been creating chances but missing them (even against Tamworth we missed a few). In the other two games it's sounded like we've matched the opposition until the first goal, then imploded with no plan B.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 03:14:52 PM »
Eight injuries now ? I thought in the post match interview it was only six. Maybe I misheard !

Time for some good loanees.

TEP