Author Topic: Injury Problems  (Read 3350 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Injury Problems
« on: August 21, 2016, 09:46:49 PM »
I cannot understand the number of injuries we have had since the start of the season. We might just as well field our reserve side.  Don`t we have access to a full-time physio? If not, why not? Surely the players themselves must shoulder some responsibility for not keeping themselves fit during pre season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Injury Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 09:53:52 PM »
I cannot understand the number of injuries we have had since the start of the season. We might just as well field our reserve side.  Don`t we have access to a full-time physio? If not, why not? Surely the players themselves must shoulder some responsibility for not keeping themselves fit during pre season.

Your just as likely to get hurt in a PSF as a competitive match .  Witnessed Nat Brown,s injury v Peterboro ,  sure Nat did not deliberately put his leg in the way of the opponents studs . :(

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:50:35 AM »
How many are strains though, Craig did well to ask the question in the video interview after the game, something must be wrong if we have so many out with Hamstring/calf pulls?

Too much work, not enough, warm up changes?  Its a totally new (well almost) set of lads, maybe what worked with the others does not work with the current?

Lots of questions and Dennis needs to answer them by getting players either fit or in to put points on the board.  Roll on Saturday and let's get behind them!

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »
Perhaps we need a fitness coach?!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 02:05:51 PM »

Your just as likely to get hurt in a PSF as a competitive match .  Witnessed Nat Brown,s injury v Peterboro ,  sure Nat did not deliberately put his leg in the way of the opponents studs . :(

Even Posh had a player injured - Lee Angol suffered a stress fracture to his ankle!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 05:08:18 PM »
In previous seasons, the players were put through their paces whilst training at Cranwell. Is this still the case?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 06:03:18 PM »
Who is doing the pitch?

Maybe if Nobby came in for a week or two and gave a hand, and showed them the basics.

Just seems a lot of injuries.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late