Author Topic: Postings  (Read 7502 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Postings
« on: August 18, 2016, 05:33:15 PM »
Stalybridge match 44 replies 2336 views LOST
Harrogate match   44 replies 2491 views LOST
Darlington match   49 replies 3048 views LOST

Tamworth match 17 replies 1156 views WON
Obviously the advice given after the first three games paid off ;)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:39:08 AM by howmanynames2pick »

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Postings
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 08:14:14 PM »
That's shocking reading really.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 08:29:07 PM »
 Here's to a quieter Patter then  . .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:51:07 PM »
Fair enough to a quiet time, but surely the reason for more postings when we lose, is there is more to debate, and more difference of opinion as to why, and inevitably,more replies defending or attacking the posts....the bottom line is....winning is boring. No debate, no posts, quiet time indeed. Long live boring football, not. Give me a debate any day....boring is dull. No, I don't want to see my team lose, but I do love the debate that goes with indifferent football. It's because we all love our team that we do it.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 09:12:24 PM »
Fair enough to a quiet time, but surely the reason for more postings when we lose, is there is more to debate,/quote]

Takes just as long to type "well done" as is it does "we're crap"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 09:38:39 PM »
winning is boring

Maybe you're not cut out to be a football fan if that's your opinion. I'd rather we win every week, than lose just because it causes debate....
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 10:53:17 PM »
Its no surprise really that when we do bad, those wanting to stick the boot into the club will love the open opportunity to grab their wooden spoon and start off the negativity.  Yet they, these same people are absent without leave when we win.  Well, i say that, but then even when we are winning, there is always something else to moan about, such as ticket prices, not enough people through the gates, pub teams with money, price of a burger, and to top it all off, have a go at BUSA and their great bunch of volunteers.  Actually, i wonder just how many of these folks would actually step forward and help run BUSA ? Now, there is a debate ..hey !

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 11:15:39 PM »
winning is boring

Maybe you're not cut out to be a football fan if that's your opinion. I'd rather we win every week, than lose just because it causes debate....

I took it as  tongue in cheek

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 10:00:40 AM »
Expect a busy Saturday night on here then;
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/five-missing-for-chorley-showdown-1665960.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Five missing, possibly six.  Going to be a very tough ask, just give it your best lads!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »
Fair enough to a quiet time, but surely the reason for more postings when we lose, is there is more to debate, and more difference of opinion as to why, and inevitably,more replies defending or attacking the posts....the bottom line is....winning is boring. No debate, no posts, quiet time indeed. Long live boring football, not. Give me a debate any day....boring is dull. No, I don't want to see my team lose, but I do love the debate that goes with indifferent football. It's because we all love our team that we do it.

Could quote many other examples  ,   but none of the posters who took the time to come on to tell us Waide Fairhust lacked speed , no goals in him etc.,   have not taken  the  time to come on and comment on his goal  .

Do you think it was worthy of comment HCT ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 10:50:42 AM »
Expect a busy Saturday night on here then;
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/five-missing-for-chorley-showdown-1665960.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Five missing, possibly six.  Going to be a very tough ask, just give it your best lads!

Cue to a "Why did,nt Greene sign a bigger squad "  thread .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 11:22:49 AM »
 No saying tomos team wont pluck a result out of such adversity  ;)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 02:06:56 PM »

Could quote many other examples  ,   but none of the posters who took the time to come on to tell us Waide Fairhust lacked speed , no goals in him etc.,   have not taken  the  time to come on and comment on his goal  .

Do you think it was worthy of comment HCT ?
agree with you, but I have been in Madeira for 10 days, have only seen the Staly game, and don't cast opinion on what I haven't seen, hence my "silence". Nothing to do with the fact we won, simply because I wasn't here.

John Bunyan, 1684

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2016, 02:08:41 PM »
winning is boring

I took it as  tongue in cheek
indeed, tongue on cheek, put that way to see how many extra posts it would generate, as a sort of ironic reply to the start of the post, and I wasn't disappointed.....

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 04:16:58 PM »

[/quote] agree with you, but I have been in Madeira for 10 days, have only seen the Staly game, and don't cast opinion on what I haven't seen, hence my "silence".
[/quote]
go in the basket??