Author Topic: Darlington away  (Read 19834 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Darlington away
« on: August 12, 2016, 10:05:08 AM »
Right.... Third time lucky. Last year we needed two pens to beat nine man curzon Ashton at this stage. Imagine we'll have our work cut out somewhat. They got a point at alty and have had the week off. Them and blyth made a mockery of the NPL last year, getting. 104 and 99 pts respectively, so they'd be well fancied by a few punters.
Playing at the 2,000 capacity heritage park in bishop Auckland and I doubt there will be much room left over, hoping we'll bring a few to contribute to what should be a decent atmosphere.
They can keep going on about how we look good but I'd sooner look shite and get points on the board. Tamworth, chorley and kiddy after this, we can't be sat on zero much longer.

Forza Boston

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington away
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 11:06:53 AM »
its going to be difficult.....................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »
Anyone going night clubbing at Newcastle Saturday night ?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 07:08:06 PM »
Are you Peter?  Remember they don't wear flares nowadays!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »
Are you Peter?  Remember they don't wear flares nowadays!!

Velvet collars ?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 10:39:56 PM »
Lets hope we can find the net.  Am hoping Smith will be the answer to our prayers and not only link up play, but bag a goal or two in the process.

Anyone else starting to think that we should have never released Jona though ? ( 5 goals in 2 competitive games at Peterborough Sports ) And yes, i am aware of their lowly league status and level of football, but regardless of that, a striker still has to score and i've seen countless times players heads drop when the go down the footballing ladder. 

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 11:00:05 PM »
I don't think Jonahs head will drop that much, I am sure his weekly wage there will soften that blow.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 11:27:36 PM »
I don't think Jonahs head will drop that much, I am sure his weekly wage there will soften that blow.

Agreed that they are paying some huge wages, but i remember Jona at Spalding on a fair whack also and i know he wasn't enjoying it much regardless of pay. Like you say, it softens the blow to some players but to others, dropping down the footballing pyramid can be devastating. It will be interesting to see how his goal tally mounts up over the season, as i still feel he is a decent player for our level of football so he should be banging them in for fun at this much lower level.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 06:51:16 AM »
Likely to stay at Peterborough Sports because the Chairman there usually ties his strikers up with goal bonuses that only pay out if the player is still there at the end of the season.

I see former player, Andy Lodge, is also in that league as manager of Whittlesey. And Mark Rawle - who us coaching at one of the UCL Leicestershire based clubs.

TEP

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 11:01:36 AM »
Liam Marrs is now at Darlington and says he is looking forward to meeting up with his old team mates today.  Unfortunately, there are few of them left now.
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 11:24:20 AM »
Lets hope we can find the net.  Am hoping Smith will be the answer to our prayers and not only link up play, but bag a goal or two in the process.

Anyone else starting to think that we should have never released Jona though ? ( 5 goals in 2 competitive games at Peterborough Sports ) And yes, i am aware of their lowly league status and level of football, but regardless of that, a striker still has to score and i've seen countless times players heads drop when the go down the footballing ladder. 

We didn't release Jonah, he chose to move elsewhere.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 04:17:47 PM »
Losing 3 nil. Not ideal

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 04:28:20 PM »
4-0 now!

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 04:28:38 PM »
Losing 3 nil. Not ideal

Make that 4-0, shocking ! Early season clear out might be needed, and for me, someone that is normally positive, that is hard to say trust me.  We need a leader at the back,  Pearson at Grimity is not getting a look in at the min...  We need a goalscorer... :(

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 04:37:46 PM »
Agreed need a clear out already , mostly defenders