Author Topic: A long season ahead  (Read 40578 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
A long season ahead
« on: August 06, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »
Well, what can I say?

I thought we were clueless and classless.

I think Denis has to take action before we really are in the Sh*t.

I know it is a completely new team, but I saw nothing there to inspire me.

I know I will get slagged off by the happy clappers, but give me some hope.

Aside, I thought the pitch was a disgrace, bring back Nobby. I know our number ten had a minger, but some of the racist remarks I heard were out of order.  I did not see who said them but if I did I would have pointed him out to a steward.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: A long season ahead
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 05:24:31 PM »
With a settled squad from the previous year we lost 0-3  on our opening day last year...
So today was an improvement.
(Happy Clapping at its finest)

There were a few bright moments. ..
Colly will have better games. ....surely?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 05:49:57 PM »
On a lighter note...
Just how bad was the celtic free kick that landed in the glider car park?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 05:50:51 PM »
Class as individuals, poor as a team. Give it time

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 06:42:26 PM »

Our manager must have gone to a different game to what I saw at York street this afternoon, I left with 10 minutes without added time on to go, and on the way home I heard our manager say that Boston Utd played good passing football, well  all I can say I must have left to early, Boston to me played like they had never played together before, Stalybridge are just a physical side who like it being in the air, we obliged them by continually heading and thumping the ball the ball high.
We got a deserved penalty, but our number 9 penalty taker then decided to just back pass it to the goalkeeper , our number 9 also had two or three good header chances throughout the match , which he fluffed, I fear for the team at Harrogate come Tuesday night, they will have to vastly improve to today's display.
Well, what can I say?

Aside, I thought the pitch was a disgrace, bring back Nobby. I know our number ten had a minger, but some of the racist remarks I heard were out of order.  I did not see who said them but if I did I would have pointed him out to a steward.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 06:46:39 PM »
Well, what can I say?

Sounds about the same as it was in February and we were told it was all over , and yet we got it turned round ,  Lot better position now ,  got 41 games to regain the three points we are behind the leaders Kiddy .

Lets put it down to BREXIT . ;)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 06:54:18 PM »
Defence was OK, except the mistake that lead to the goal. Would've played Roberts over Hilliard - we had nobody to pick a proper pass (not loop the ball over the top).

St Juste and Rollins played well, just that final ball was lacking accuracy - the times a striker was found, we missed by inches or the keeper made a good save.

We will play worse and pick up point. Impressed with Fairhurst (finally) - on another day he gets the equaliser.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 06:58:09 PM »

Our manager must have gone to a different game to what I saw at York street this afternoon, I left with 10 minutes without added time on to go, and on the way home I heard our manager say that Boston Utd played good passing football, well  all I can say I must have left to early, Boston to me played like they had never played together before, Stalybridge are just a physical side who like it being in the air, we obliged them by continually heading and thumping the ball the ball high.
We got a deserved penalty, but our number 9 penalty taker then decided to just back pass it to the goalkeeper , our number 9 also had two or three good header chances throughout the match , which he fluffed, I fear for the team at Harrogate come Tuesday night, they will have to vastly improve to today's display.
Well, what can I say?

Fair assessment Ken .
Hillihard had one of his games when he put almost every pass out of play or to an opponent .  Once he starts a bad patch in a game he never recovers .  only option is to sub him .

"Boston to me played like a team who had never played together before "    That is a fact , certainly the first time they,ve played together in  competitive match . 

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 07:05:10 PM »
I thought Maguire had a very good game, the rest were average, but we certainly need to improve in our next game.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 07:24:43 PM »
Ok my two pennorth,defence were ok,one mistake and we were punished.. St.Juste is a typical winger,play the ball and then look who is there,had he passed along the floor too Jay it was a simple tap in,five mins later he played that type of ball and the defence were back... Lammin to me needs to become more of a team player and get involved,also someone with his pace should not need to get caught offside (some weren't by the way,lino and ref seemed to go with the shout)..

Waide did more in the time he was on that some did all match so hopefully he gets to start next match,looked lively and was prepared too shoot.... MGuire looked solid at the back and composed which was needed..

Dipdodah,I never heard the racist comments but they are bang out of order,I thought Marshall gave his all and even when injured he still made a run down the line to try and get a cross in,that is the commitment any team needs,sacrificed his own pain to help the team... Why just pick on one player though when we have half a team that are black? Stupid racist springs too mind and it would help everyone if he kept away,particularly as we were involved in the same thing last season,some fans are really trying to set the club back a few years and get us a bad name (again).

Overall today I saw nothing that cannot be fixed quick and no knee jerk panic is required,it will come good and didn't I say a few weeks back that we may lose a few before we gel properly and let us not lose heart??

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 07:55:39 PM »
Well that didn't take long for the knee jerk, panic station, negativity to take hold, now did it !
Considering that they came to spoil, knowing that if they took the lead that they would then slow it all down, time waste and frustrate, i couldn't see many other teams in this league then going on to beat them with those boring tactics.  We just need to learn how to deal with these sort of teams, but then too does the refs, who was very poor today on his judgement.  But no excuses, Stalybridge did a job on us.  As for our team, when we get Brown back, and with Smith up top, i strongly believe that we will see a totally different team, one that will create a lot more.

I expected the boo's today though, sadly this seems to be an element that has attached itself to the club the last few years. Wasn't it Chas and Dave that sung 'ain't no pleasing you', a very apt song to dedicate to them on the pre match play list. Go on club, i dare you to play it  ;D lol

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 08:12:35 PM »
I get the impression that some on here just want us too fail and gloat when we lose,sad really but that is how they come across....

Loved the way the ref stopped his watch when they were slowly making their last substitution and then started it three seconds later,what a joke lol ... Also,how were they allowed to take an offside free kick in our half ? (mind you,we did same late on lol) They take a corner on the right then same player has to walk to left back position to take a throw in and the officials just wait,cannot see many officials doing that each week..

Oh,as for the yellow when Lammin was clattered in the box,I wasn't aware of the rule change until half time,apparently it is a red outside the box but yellow inside this season,what a farce,a last man foul should be red no matter where the offence happens,just hope the next penalty we get someone will lace the bugger into the back of the net instead of passing back to the keeper...

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 08:55:29 PM »
I get the impression that some on here just want us too fail and gloat when we lose,sad really but that is how they come across....

Loved the way the ref stopped his watch when they were slowly making their last substitution and then started it three seconds later,what a joke lol ... Also,how were they allowed to take an offside free kick in our half ? (mind you,we did same late on lol) They take a corner on the right then same player has to walk to left back position to take a throw in and the officials just wait,cannot see many officials doing that each week..

Oh,as for the yellow when Lammin was clattered in the box,I wasn't aware of the rule change until half time,apparently it is a red outside the box but yellow inside this season,what a farce,a last man foul should be red no matter where the offence happens,just hope the next penalty we get someone will lace the bugger into the back of the net instead of passing back to the keeper...

I could name one person who has already got it in for us and the club this season, lol. Luckily, they stamped their feet and stayed away today, no names  :bunny

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 09:01:58 PM »
Fairhurst needs to start Tuesday and possibly Wildin , team average at best today

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 09:55:37 PM »
the result could have been completely different if it hadn't been for one of the poorest penalty kicks EVER seen at YS....

For goodness sake,a penalty kick aint rocket science......put the ball on the spot, take a LONGGG run up and whack the ball into the net!