Author Topic: A long season ahead  (Read 40801 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: A long season ahead
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2016, 07:29:33 PM »
Well said Oxo.
Behaviour like that has no place at the club, I thought we'd seen the back of it when Evans went.
I hope David Newton reads this and has a word.

cup half full

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2016, 08:02:18 PM »
This is the worst team we have had since the Gregg Fee team before Evans came.  Greene has done a good job until this season, but has well and truly cocked it up this season.  Think the whole club is going stale and think needs fresh blood for manager.  Would like to see us employ a manager like Bazza who could get some pride in the shirt again.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2016, 08:14:27 PM »
Whatever it was it hurt Liam!

So we don,t know the allegations !!!

I know what happened but promised Brian I would not raise the matter on here as he thought too much of BUFC so I will say no more and hope everyone else will respect his wish and leave this alone now.

Today 5 minutes before kick off the manager came into the stand and had a pop at me accusing me of starting the above thread which I clearly did not, indeed as can be seen what I did do was try to end it. I was upset by his actions and the manner in which he would not listen to my answers to his accusations and stormed off leaving me looking embarrassed and facing a load of question from those around me.
I can take criticism but do not expect the manager climbing into the stand to confront me whilst his team are lining up in the tunnel to enter the field of play, I would have expected his thoughts at that time would be on more important things. I consider myself to be a committed supporter who travels to most games and am a season ticket holder and it sad therefore that I will not be bothering again while ever this man is manager.

As any regular contributor to patter will know OXO  will come on  to praise the manager and players on good displays ,  like wise when performances do not meet his expectations he expresses his disapproval in a respectable manner .  I always enjoy a discussion with him on the terraces ,  like me he prefers talking about positives .

Like many supporters I have not a clue what this DG v LM business is all about . I cannot see where OXO has anything to answer for on the subject .

To me it appears the way Dennis addressed OXO today was way out of order .
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:16:37 PM by green hats mate »

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2016, 08:25:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about ths shambolic behaviour towards you Mel. Anyone that knows you, knows what a great ambassador and dedicated fan you are. When will the club eradicate this disease from our club.

In the meantime I guess we wait to hear from his right hand man on here for a statement. No doubt he'll be asking for proof  ::) 

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2016, 08:27:27 PM »
Disgusting let's hope Mr Newton has a word with him!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2016, 08:51:27 PM »
This is the worst team we have had since the Gregg Fee team before Evans came.  Greene has done a good job until this season, but has well and truly cocked it up this season.  Think the whole club is going stale and think needs fresh blood for manager.  Would like to see us employ a manager like Bazza who could get some pride in the shirt again.

We don,t know yet if he has cocked it up ,  remember with only 15 matches to go last season  we where told by some that we had missed the play-offs .

Credit for putting forward a name as a replacement , something that others have failed to do .

Any idea how Bazza would go about  recruiting new players , or would he knock the existing one,s into shape when most the squad are fit .?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2016, 09:01:52 PM »
Recruiting players? How many players has den seen before he signs them?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
Disgusting let's hope Mr Newton has a word with him!

I agree, Mr Newton should be having words with a few people, including those stating that this new stadium won't now happen !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2016, 09:28:20 PM »
Recruiting players? How many players has den seen before he signs them?

Don,t know , but judging on his 3 full seasons here it works however he does it .
Might be a good idea to ask him if you are keen to know .

cup half full

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2016, 09:38:46 PM »
Have always been a Greene fan even though I wish he would keep his mouth shut more.  He has signed 3 injury prone players who won't have come cheap as well as about 6 wingers.  Who is going to take these off the wage bill to get new players in?

Also in what other job can you get away with having a go at your loyal paying customers without getting the sack?  Once or twice can be accepted as heat of the moment, but before the game when you should be focusing on winning a football match is not acceptable.

As for Bazza always seems to have a lot of respect from other players/ managers and after 20plus years around this area and level he must have some contacts and no I can't think of any successful goalkeepers as managers either.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2016, 09:49:13 PM »
You often get some unsavoury characters at footie grounds..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2016, 09:57:08 PM »
Have always been a Greene fan even though I wish he would keep his mouth shut more.  He has signed 3 injury prone players who won't have come cheap as well as about 6 wingers.  Who is going to take these off the wage bill to get new players in?

Also in what other job can you get away with having a go at your loyal paying customers without getting the sack?  Once or twice can be accepted as heat of the moment, but before the game when you should be focusing on winning a football match is not acceptable.

As for Bazza always seems to have a lot of respect from other players/ managers and after 20plus years around this area and level he must have some contacts and no I can't think of any successful goalkeepers as managers either.

Re: your last paragraph ,  I think Boston,s ongoing recruitment problem is there is not enough local talent to build the basis of a good squad .  Having to ship in players from a distance soon eats up the budget .
Easy to select targets on a keyboard ,  different matter landing them . 

Greene will not be here forever and I think the next manager to follow will probably make us realise what a decent job Greene has done building teams .  Who was the last manager with a record to compare with Greene,s .?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:59:42 PM by green hats mate »

cup half full

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2016, 10:05:21 PM »
Agree Greene has a good record, but every football manager has a shelf life just look at Mourinho at Chelsea and Pearson at Leicester.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »
Agree Greene has a good record, but every football manager has a shelf life just look at Mourinho at Chelsea and Pearson at Leicester.

Agree , and this season maybe the end of Green,s , but it can,t be judged at this stage .
As I indicated I think in time many will reflect that they underestimated what DG as achieved .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2016, 10:17:58 PM »
Thought Fees league teams were pretty good , didnt they finish runner up to Barrow 1998 ish
  Lot of United favorites in that side ..