Author Topic: A long season ahead  (Read 40818 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: A long season ahead
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2016, 06:35:01 PM »
Just read the report in the Non-League paper of yesterday's game - the headline states that Boston "lack fight" and the write-up describes us as "shot-shy." Supporters' views will always be a bit clouded, but remember this is a journalist's view and shout be honest, rounded and unbiased.

Yes, we had a number of injuries yesterday and that didn't help us. But when the fringe players get their opportunity, personally I want to see them show "more fight" as opposed to less - they need to be making their point to the manager that they should be starting matches. If this bunch of players aren't doing that, then they need to be shipped out asap and we need to get others in.

I'm not worried (yet) about relegation. I'm sure Dennis will do what he needs to do to turn things around and if he doesn't I have faith that David Newton will end Dennis's tenure long before we face relegation. But one win from five isn't good enough. Four goals from five isn't good enough. Nine goals conceded from five isn't good enough. One meaningful effort on goal in the whole of yesterday's game (according to the NLP) isn't good enough. So if you're reading this Dennis, you do need to act.

The most lifeless performance I've seen from us under Greene. 1 shot in 90 mins and totally stopped doing the basics as soon as they scored. They were average. Scored with their first effort and got the pen with their 2nd. The 2nd half was as turgid as you'll see from two sides. they were happy to kill time and we lacked any quality whatsoever. They would still have scored 4 or 5 had it not been for Dibble, the bar and poor finishing

I'd rather we got smashed 7-2 and had a go than that garbage served up yesterday. I'll never blame players for a lack of passion and desire etc (it's the most bollocks excuse ever) but a total lack of ability and team cohesion and mental strength was definitely on show

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2016, 06:42:47 PM »
A lot of work at Cranwell before Kiddie game by the sounds of it

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2016, 07:14:04 PM »
Den wants to get himself sorted out as well.Not nice to read how upset Liam Marrs was after treatment from Greene last week! Liam was loyal to the club .

Where did you read this ? Links ?? There seems to be a lot of posts of late which are of the accusing kind, but very little in the way of evidence. So it would be nice if we can see some provided, thanks. I am not doubting anyone, just be nice to read what you are reading. Not heard a thing about this from his dad !

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2016, 08:36:30 PM »
Den wants to get himself sorted out as well.Not nice to read how upset Liam Marrs was after treatment from Greene last week! Liam was loyal to the club .

Where did you read this ? Links ?? There seems to be a lot of posts of late which are of the accusing kind, but very little in the way of evidence. So it would be nice if we can see some provided, thanks. I am not doubting anyone, just be nice to read what you are reading. Not heard a thing about this from his dad !

His Dad has more class than to raise the matter on social media.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2016, 08:54:51 PM »

Exactly Mel ,  as said by leftback these vague comments / allegations should be backed up by some evidence .

Seems a bit odd in any case seeing that Liam did 3 trips a week consisting of around a total of 800/900 miles  to play for Greene .   

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2016, 09:30:27 PM »

Exactly Mel ,  as said by leftback these vague comments / allegations should be backed up by some evidence .

Seems a bit odd in any case seeing that Liam did 3 trips a week consisting of around a total of 800/900 miles  to play for Greene .   

Liam and his dad are class acts, and never lower themselves into some of our petty arguments. I am just left flabbergasted with the recent attacks on the Chestnut's though, after all they have done for this club of ours and now we are seeing some unsubstantial claims that are not backed up with evidence that they are somehow not going to be seeing their project through with this club of ours, or as some are claiming, a hint of corruption will arise.  With each claim we keep hearing, be it about players, Den, or the owners, there is always a plea for solid evidence, which to this day, after years of the same people making the same claims, not one single piece of evidence has been provided.  I can see us with no club soon if this keeps on, people will walk away, including our owners ! Then we'll be left with a phoenix club, which so many fans slate, so will they then refuse to support when it could actually be all their own doing.  Lets support this bloody team of ours, from its backroom staff through to the players and management, and if the time comes where the chairman decides its time for change, then we'll all need to accept it and keep our support up. But come on folks, do not doubt Mr Newton and Mr Kempster and do not play a part in destroying this club.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »
Brian mentioned it on FB.But didn't want too say much because he's not like Den!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2016, 03:06:42 PM »
Like Brian said Dens a disgrace!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2016, 03:22:31 PM »
Like Brian said Dens a disgrace!

What did Brian base this assessment on ?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2016, 03:41:06 PM »
Whatever it was it hurt Liam!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2016, 03:44:54 PM »

So we don,t know the allegations !!!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2016, 05:08:22 PM »

I know what happened but promised Brian I would not raise the matter on here as he thought too much of BUFC so I will say no more and hope everyone else will respect his wish and leave this alone now.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2016, 06:00:50 PM »

I know what happened but promised Brian I would not raise the matter on here as he thought too much of BUFC so I will say no more and hope everyone else will respect his wish and leave this alone now.

Well said Mel, I also heard a whisper from someone connected.  Did not surprise me, but team matters are Greene's main concern, maybe he should concentrate on that
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2016, 09:42:28 PM »

Come on KON,  if you know something, at least let it out in the open. So far, i have read plenty of claims,yet no evidence and clearly we need evidence to form a better judgement on all aspects if as we are told, the gaffer is always in the wrong. I am not saying you are right, i am not saying you are wrong, i am saying lets see claims backed up with solid evidence.  I do get the feeling at times though, that most things that were allegedly said over the last year were actually the result of Chinese whispers.  Just my opinion of course !

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2016, 07:07:06 PM »

Today 5 minutes before kick off the manager came into the stand and had a pop at me accusing me of starting the above thread which I clearly did not, indeed as can be seen what I did do was try to end it. I was upset by his actions and the manner in which he would not listen to my answers to his accusations and stormed off leaving me looking embarrassed and facing a load of question from those around me.
I can take criticism but do not expect the manager climbing into the stand to confront me whilst his team are lining up in the tunnel to enter the field of play, I would have expected his thoughts at that time would be on more important things. I consider myself to be a committed supporter who travels to most games and am a season ticket holder and it sad therefore that I will not be bothering again while ever this man is manager.