Author Topic: A long season ahead  (Read 40579 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: A long season ahead
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 05:26:42 PM »
Well, what can I say?

I thought we were clueless and classless.

I think Denis has to take action before we really are in the Sh*t.

I know it is a completely new team, but I saw nothing there to inspire me.

I know I will get slagged off by the happy clappers, but give me some hope.

I stand by the above :(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2016, 05:52:23 PM »
Well, what can I say?

I thought we were clueless and classless.

I think Denis has to take action before we really are in the Sh*t.

I know it is a completely new team, but I saw nothing there to inspire me.

I know I will get slagged off by the happy clappers, but give me some hope.

I stand by the above :(

A new team, decimated by injuries?

Were you really that surprised today?

It's a transitional season - if every defeat is going to end up with hysterical overreaction, this place is going to be my second least favourite website to visit after my online banking.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2016, 06:00:55 PM »

It's a transitional season - if every defeat is going to end up with hysterical overreaction, this place is going to be my second least favourite website to visit after my online banking.
lol ..Pete B ...The Voice of Reason.:)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:07:33 PM by Ken Fox »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2016, 07:34:05 PM »
I'll get called a happy clapper at some point....

I'm not! But I do feel Greene deserves a bit of a break, for now. I get why some people have taken a dislike to him but as I've said on other threads, overall he's been a solid manager and has managed his resources well.

We're probably not getting promoted this season, let's face it. But what I would like to see are more updates from the club regards the new ground and the future - I think patience with austerity Boston is starting to wear thin, but that needn't be the case if we had more of an idea exactly where we are on this long journey back to the Conference. I feel the long term vision has been lost. People would be more willing to accept defeat if they knew where it fit into the grand scheme of things, and how it was part of a wider 'vision'...

Kudos to the fans who travelled today, by the way.

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2016, 08:11:49 PM »
But what I would like to see are more updates from the club regards the new ground and the future - I think patience with austerity Boston is starting to wear thin, but that needn't be the case if we had more of an idea exactly where we are on this long journey back to the Conference. I feel the long term vision has been lost. People would be more willing to accept defeat if they knew where it fit into the grand scheme of things, and how it was part of a wider 'vision'...

Completely agree with you on this. Seems the club don't share the same views on transparency and openness. They are however quite happy to take more money from us fans. A fans forum would be an ideal platform to discuss the points you've raised. Seems like quite a while since I attended the last one. I walked out feeling the heiracy of the club was a closed book only willing to tell us what they were prepared to and quite happy to keep us mere mortals in the dark.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2016, 08:22:27 PM »
But what I would like to see are more updates from the club regards the new ground and the future - I think patience with austerity Boston is starting to wear thin, but that needn't be the case if we had more of an idea exactly where we are on this long journey back to the Conference. I feel the long term vision has been lost. People would be more willing to accept defeat if they knew where it fit into the grand scheme of things, and how it was part of a wider 'vision'...

Completely agree with you on this. Seems the club don't share the same views on transparency and openness. They are however quite happy to take more money from us fans. A fans forum would be an ideal platform to discuss the points you've raised. Seems like quite a while since I attended the last one. I walked out feeling the heiracy of the club was a closed book only willing to tell us what they were prepared to and quite happy to keep us mere mortals in the dark.

I don't want to make it look like I'm having a pop at the club - I'm sure they're working hard behind the scenes. But just something official along the lines of "bear with us, we're doing X, Y Z etc" might help temper immediate expectations and get people behind the 'plan'. We all know we will never compete with the Fyldes, but we don't want to go down that road anyway. Let 'em launch and burn - but let's at least get people behind our own version of the roadmap, or whatever it's called.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2016, 08:37:24 PM »

Well Pete it appears you have a new best friend. I don't see a "hysterical overreaction " on here yet and my following reaction is in no way hysterical. I think it is fair to say that having traveled 300 miles I and the others who traveled deserved better. I accept the fact we are crippled with injuries but surely those that turned out for us are supposed to be first team players. The first half today for half an hour was played out by two poor looking teams but we were as likely to score as they were and then as appears to be the norm this season they score and follow it quickly with another. Two nil reads as though we made a game of it but make no mistake we were lucky it wasn't four or five. Yes I will carry on with my support particularly at home from now on but the time has almost arrived when some of the dross needs clearing out.
[/quote]

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2016, 08:38:43 PM »

Well Pete it appears you have a new best friend. I don't see a "hysterical overreaction " on here yet and my following reaction is in no way hysterical. I think it is fair to say that having traveled 300 miles I and the others who traveled deserved better. I accept the fact we are crippled with injuries but surely those that turned out for us are supposed to be first team players. The first half today for half an hour was played out by two poor looking teams but we were as likely to score as they were and then as appears to be the norm this season they score and follow it quickly with another. Two nil reads as though we made a game of it but make no mistake we were lucky it wasn't four or five. Yes I will carry on with my support particularly at home from now on but the time has almost arrived when some of the dross needs clearing out.
[/quote]

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2016, 09:19:13 PM »
i fully expected us to struggle this season.
how a manager (any manager) is expected to get 14 new players in, then get 5 of them injured (i know one or two were pre season) and then get them to play in a wonderful way is stretching it a bit.
i have only seen the two home games so i bow to those who make the long journeys.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2016, 10:00:57 PM »
Can't face the 8 hour round trips at the moment so decided to take in a local FA Cup game today - Wisbech Town v Peterborough Sports. Very comfortable away win (1-4). Witnessed Mark Jones playing well below where he should be. He'll score a hatful at that level. His brother Richard also played but was rarely troubled in defence - along with Sam Vince in goal. Adam Millson played right back for Wisbech.

Big game for us next Saturday at home to Kidderminster - especially as we seem so fragile on the road. Greene needs to get some loanees in if he hasn't got any suitable personnel - how about some big bruisers from Peterborough, Northampton, Cambridge reserves.

Could this be a relegation season ?

TEP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2016, 10:25:12 PM »
Can't face the 8 hour round trips at the moment so decided to take in a local FA Cup game today - Wisbech Town v Peterborough Sports. Very comfortable away win (1-4). Witnessed Mark Jones playing well below where he should be. He'll score a hatful at that level. His brother Richard also played but was rarely troubled in defence - along with Sam Vince in goal. Adam Millson played right back for Wisbech.

Big game for us next Saturday at home to Kidderminster - especially as we seem so fragile on the road. Greene needs to get some loanees in if he hasn't got any suitable personnel - how about some big bruisers from Peterborough, Northampton, Cambridge reserves.

TEP
The Jones brothers went for more money.
Shame Adam Millson is playing as low as that....
And no to your final sentence.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2016, 10:41:39 PM »

TEP
The Jones brothers went for more money.
Shame Adam Millson is playing as low as that....
And no to your final sentence.
the last time we started 1 win from 5...we were relegated...
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2016, 10:34:29 AM »
Den wants to get himself sorted out as well.Not nice to read how upset Liam Marrs was after treatment from Greene last week! Liam was loyal to the club .

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2016, 11:05:50 AM »
Just read the report in the Non-League paper of yesterday's game - the headline states that Boston "lack fight" and the write-up describes us as "shot-shy." Supporters' views will always be a bit clouded, but remember this is a journalist's view and shout be honest, rounded and unbiased.

Yes, we had a number of injuries yesterday and that didn't help us. But when the fringe players get their opportunity, personally I want to see them show "more fight" as opposed to less - they need to be making their point to the manager that they should be starting matches. If this bunch of players aren't doing that, then they need to be shipped out asap and we need to get others in.

I'm not worried (yet) about relegation. I'm sure Dennis will do what he needs to do to turn things around and if he doesn't I have faith that David Newton will end Dennis's tenure long before we face relegation. But one win from five isn't good enough. Four goals from five isn't good enough. Nine goals conceded from five isn't good enough. One meaningful effort on goal in the whole of yesterday's game (according to the NLP) isn't good enough. So if you're reading this Dennis, you do need to act.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2016, 11:09:10 AM »

Big game for us next Saturday at home to Kidderminster - especially as we seem so fragile on the road. Greene needs to get some loanees in if he hasn't got any suitable personnel - how about some big bruisers from Peterborough, Northampton, Cambridge reserves.i see spalding hadanother clean sheat yesterday as well