Author Topic: September v August  (Read 2786 times)

Spa Pilgrim

• View Profile
September v August
« on: August 30, 2016, 10:42:31 AM »
I know we're not playing well at the moment, but take a look at the next 6 fixtures & if we're still in the same predicament after September, heads need to roll. However, I'm confident with more time playing together & an improvement in the injury situation, we'll climb that table. We've played 6 of the top 8 in the table in our first 7 matches, & the other one, Stalybridge, we should have won. In our next 6, we play 3 below us, & the highest placed is 11th. Importantly 4 of the 6 are at home, so let's make York Street a fortress again, get behind this young team & give them some confidence.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: September v August
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 11:17:58 AM »
a much needed post

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 11:26:06 AM »
Indeed an important month (although is any month not important?)

Some relatively friendly fixtures and an FA Cup tie on the 17th
If we can't get results against FCUM, BPA, Stockport, Alfreton and Alty, then you've got to fear what'll happen when we play some more fancied sides in October.
The cup is the only positive thing to play for, and if we continue to struggle, any income from that is needed on the playing side

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 11:34:56 AM »
I'd say the 10 games gone mark gives a fair view of things, over 20% of leagues games and also before the disappointments of the cups  ;)

We have been poor, clearly, but I do think we are at the worst point of the season.  Such a huge turnover of players is in this case not the managements fault (unless you want to blame them for getting players playing up the leagues?) but needed to be better handled - time will improve this with either players shipped out or better performances.  The injuries is an excuse and also a reason, we have not got a Flyde/Salford type budget so if a player is missing then it will hurt us.  Surely we will only see this side of things improve also as they come back, some quicker than others.

IF we had a fully fit squad or thereabouts and IF we had more than the odd player from last season starting games in the 11 then I'd be really worried.

Right now I'm concerned that the time its taking to get players back and the time its taking for those fit to improve or hold their hands up is eating into the fixtures, making anything other than a mid-table finish the best we can hope for.  If we get that after the last couple of seasons is it really that bad?  Not in my eyes. 

Get behind the players on the field when you can get to games, if you can't then use social media to give them a boost/encourage - we all want to see the team do better, let's only put effort into things that will do that.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 12:29:58 PM »
Having been at the Gloucester game only a few people vented there frustration at Dennis greene but even those that did applauded the whole of the team off.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 12:32:29 PM »
We always seem to have a shocking month every season - last year it was March (4 consecutive losses) until the Easter Monday win at Tamworth that got us going again.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/