Author Topic: Bostons MP.  (Read 12019 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Bostons MP.
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:32:59 AM »
He said remain and 75% of Boston said leave. As it's obvious he has no idea what the hells going on in this town, should he leave too?  :)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

SMELLS LIKE VICTORY

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bostons MP.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »
Maybe he's the one with a calm view of what's best for the town & the country in the long term. Maybe he has an understanding of the economic realities and some common human decency. Though I never thought I'd say that about a Tory MP.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 11:03:38 AM »
Maybe he's the one with a calm view of what's best for the town & the country in the long term. Maybe he has an understanding of the economic realities and some common human decency. Though I never thought I'd say that about a Tory MP.

Either that or he wanted his Christmas bonus from Dave.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 11:05:35 AM »
sorry to be negative but how many murders and stabbings were there in Boston 20 years ago, and how m any are there now? Common human decency to me is not these vile things that have emerged in our town over the last 20 years.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 11:17:22 AM »
sorry to be negative but how many murders and stabbings were there in Boston 20 years ago, and how m any are there now? Common human decency to me is not these vile things that have emerged in our town over the last 20 years.

You tell us! How many murders were there in 1995 compared to 2015? What's the actual number?

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 03:54:01 PM »
Tory's, Labour, Unions, some Buisness people, bankers Londoners and all,
still are not listening.

OUR Nation voted OUT.

So put your dummies back in and do what the majority wanted, and stick your Xenophobia
Comments.

And for Scotland tell them they lost a democratic vote and stop the freebies.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 05:03:15 PM »
Its all part of putting a positive spin on any particular situation to suit the agenda, examples:-

The Newsnight debate from Boston Stump was manipulated by the BBC producers to such an extent that the overall impression given was that it was fairly evenly balanced, or maybe even slightly in favour of Remain...wrong.

The council had an article in the local rag stating that there were no problems on the streets of the town, the police agreed with this assessment. Having visited West Street most Saturday nights for 30 years,  I know from personal experience that this is not true.
On two occasions last year the road.was closed off with the blue and white police tape due to an 'incident'. 
There has been no increase in the policing that I have noticed. In the previous 29 years the only incident I witnessed was someone being hit by a passing car.

The intellectual consensus does not want there to be these problems so the media spin it that way, I think our local council even won some award last year for the way they've handled the integration problems of our diverse community.   :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »
This is what I don't understand: even if we left the EU tomorrow (and we will be in the EU for at least two and a bit years), unless the UK economy tanks, the EU workers in Boston are not going anywhere.

So, as you rightly say, what Boston needs is investment in things like housing, policing, schools, health-care and such like right now. But I fail to understand how our eventual departure from the EU will actually help with any of those things. This is failure of local and central government, which you/we all elect.

More mystifying is the fact that when investment in the town DOES arrive, e.g. additional housing developments like the Quadrant, my Facebook is full of people moaning about it!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 07:49:46 PM »
Its all part of putting a positive spin on any particular situation to suit the agenda, examples:-

The Newsnight debate from Boston Stump was manipulated by the BBC producers to such an extent that the overall impression given was that it was fairly evenly balanced, or maybe even slightly in favour of Remain...wrong.

The council had an article in the local rag stating that there were no problems on the streets of the town, the police agreed with this assessment. Having visited West Street most Saturday nights for 30 years,  I know from personal experience that this is not true.
On two occasions last year the road.was closed off with the blue and white police tape due to an 'incident'. 
There has been no increase in the policing that I have noticed. In the previous 29 years the only incident I witnessed was someone being hit by a passing car.

The intellectual consensus does not want there to be these problems so the media spin it that way, I think our local council even won some award last year for the way they've handled the integration problems of our diverse community.   :police:

And not,s let forget the Question Time stitch up from Boston .
What the BBC do not show and the politicians push under the carpet is the heart break suffered by hard working Bostonian ,  many  prisoners in their own homes and and unable to escape .
Many unable to move from homes they have worked hard to buy only to be ambushed by HMOs which brings noise and disorder .   Trapped by the fact that the property is unsellable to the ordinary buyer ,  only landlords who want to extend their stock of HMOs will purchase it at a knock down price

Lets not forget the many OAPs (OK  I know there,ll be no sympathy from hard hearted Adam )who suffer the same problem after a lifetime of work only to find have there retirement ruined . And not least those most vulnerable pensioners with serious health and/or injuries some received fighting for their country .

At least one minister did not overlook them ,  Ian Duncan Smith saw then as a source of extra income,  i.e bang a bedroom tax on them .

Brexit gave this slimy character the excuse to abdicate the utter mess he created called "welfare reform"

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 07:57:07 PM »
I posted this thread in the first place because i was wondering if like me, others believe that MP's are completely out of touch with the general public.
Watching the interviews of the general public, yes, immigration was high on the list. I also think that most working class people are sick to the back teeth with the rulers of this country. They and others got us in the mess we're in today, and who gets punished, not the bankers and fiddling MP's.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 11:43:39 PM »
There's a lot of talk about a snap General Election/ General Election.
Seems likely that Matt Warman would lose the seat under the current mood. Labour is in turmoil so it would be a shoe-in for a Kipper, although the one who stood last time has moved on so I'm not sure who would stand.

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 06:27:44 PM »
Matt Warman is a very hard working MP for us and deserves our respect.He is in touch and available to all the people in his constituency and gets heard in Parliament. Matt is one of best MPs we have had, regardless of your political beliefs.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 07:58:05 PM »
Matt Warman is a very hard working MP for us and deserves our respect.He is in touch and available to all the people in his constituency and gets heard in Parliament. Matt is one of best MPs we have had, regardless of your political beliefs.
God help the rest, then.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 10:57:18 PM »

Seems a decent enough bloke, and good luck to him in his political career.
The fact remains though that on the most important political decision of our lifetimes he did not represent the opinions of the majority of his constituents. 
 :police:

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 01:55:08 PM »
This also raises the question of what would happen if or when the Brexit legislation is put before parliament in an attempt to get it voted down.
Would Matt vote as 75% of his constituents would like, ie in favour of the Brexit, or would he join the majority of MPs in voting against?
If its the latter then he probably should consider his position before the situation arises.
Maybe someone on his Twitter feed could ask him, in the interests of openness and transparency.