Author Topic: Steve Evans  (Read 9525 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Steve Evans
« on: June 21, 2016, 10:03:50 PM »
I see he has decided NOT to join Oldham Athletic after extensive negotiations. Check out their web site.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Evans
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 11:04:04 PM »
Why do we even waste our energy on that name still ?  Waste of time discussing anything about this loser.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:04:42 PM »
He found out they have no money so he won't be able to achieve 'success' there by outspending every other team. Oldham face a winding up order apparently

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 09:31:39 PM »

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 09:50:44 PM »
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/former-leeds-united-boss-steve-11989505

Now being linked with Coventry.
he was a guest co-host on radio 5 this morning, and to be fair, spoke well and made good and valid points. Where next, Monday night football with Neville and Carragher?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 10:27:53 PM »
Why do we even waste our energy on that name still ?  Waste of time discussing anything about this loser.

Because it's football and people are allowed to

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 06:53:22 AM »

Send him to Coventry,  then!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 01:45:12 PM »

Indeed. Like it or not, he is, and always will be, a massive part of our history for all the wrong reasons. We should never forget him because what happened here must never, ever be repeated. Not even for a trophy or two.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 11:22:20 PM »

Indeed. Like it or not, he is, and always will be, a massive part of our history for all the wrong reasons. We should never forget him because what happened here must never, ever be repeated. Not even for a trophy or two.
and despite an almost 100% opinion against him, he led us from the Doc Martin's to the football league. Like it or not, that is also a huge part of the history if the club, and this achievement shouldn't be overlooked either. The financial crap and wrong doings and all the other bad stuff that came with this achievement was so wrong, and should never be repeated, but there's a lot of regular posters on this forum that would kill for the results and success that came at that time on the pitch. So yes, almost everyone hates him, and, yes I get why, but without him, I doubt we would have have ever spent a few seasons proudly calling ourselves a league team......ps, for the record, I am not an Evans fan, nor a relative. It just seems forgotten to me, or at least glossed over with personal hatred towards Evans, that people forget the 3,000 very proud fans on the pitch at Hayes that day, and as controversial as he is, was, and always will be, that promotion day was bloody brilliant, and that can never be eradicated from our history.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:31:34 PM by The Happy Clapping Twin »

John Bunyan, 1684

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 09:53:07 AM »
I'm not sure that many of us 'ever spent a few seasons proudly calling ourselves a league team' THCT (it's the 'proudly' I argue with), given that we knew the means by which we had got there!

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
I'm not sure that many of us 'ever spent a few seasons proudly calling ourselves a league team' THCT (it's the 'proudly' I argue with), given that we knew the means by which we had got there!
  ok, I'll accept that retrospectively "proudly" was maybe the wrong adjective. What I meant was that as fans we strive for successful results which means promotion, and surely for every non league team promotion into the league is the ultimate goal. 're: day at Hayes, no-one on that pitch at the end thought for a minute "Evans is a tosser". The ONLY thought that day was "we're a league team at last".
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:16:34 AM by The Happy Clapping Twin »

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 12:13:06 PM »

and despite an almost 100% opinion against him, he led us from the Doc Martin's to the football league. Like it or not, that is also a huge part of the history if the club, and this achievement shouldn't be overlooked either. The financial crap and wrong doings and all the other bad stuff that came with this achievement was so wrong, and should never be repeated, but there's a lot of regular posters on this forum that would kill for the results and success that came at that time on the pitch. So yes, almost everyone hates him, and, yes I get why, but without him, I doubt we would have have ever spent a few seasons proudly calling ourselves a league team......ps, for the record, I am not an Evans fan, nor a relative. It just seems forgotten to me, or at least glossed over with personal hatred towards Evans, that people forget the 3,000 very proud fans on the pitch at Hayes that day, and as controversial as he is, was, and always will be, that promotion day was bloody brilliant, and that can never be eradicated from our history.

Just to put the record straight and fill in some missing bits ,  SE in effect got us from the Doc Martins to the UNIBOND LEAGUE .    The cost of the journey that returned us to the same level as we started cost £3million plus enormous shame to the club , Much distress and sleepless nights to loyal staff .   Many creditors would suffer the same effect .
My praise go,s to Neil Thompson who retained our league status from the utter mess SE  left us in first time round .    If people had not been convinced about Evans they should have been on his entrance second time round ,  the removal of NT was the gutter standards you would expect from man and his scum bag cronies .

It acts as a timely reminder as to what us BUFC loyalists owe to Chestnuts .
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 12:16:42 PM by green hats mate »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 01:20:57 PM »
The ultimate question is - if we had a time machine, would you want to go through all that again?

Clearly, the answer is no - the club was *THIS* close to liquidation. Was five years of being a middling Football League club worth it?

People who still think Evans was good for the club aren't thinking hard enough about the lasting legacy, and are obsessing over a few extra wins. Dangerous, because Newton won't be around for ever, and there are still plenty of conmen around.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 07:42:10 PM »
The ultimate question is - if we had a time machine, would you want to go through all that again?

Clearly, the answer is no - the club was *THIS* close to liquidation. Was five years of being a middling Football League club worth it?

People who still think Evans was good for the club aren't thinking hard enough about the lasting legacy, and are obsessing over a few extra wins. Dangerous, because Newton won't be around for ever, and there are still plenty of conmen around.
let me make it quite clear, I have never said he was good for the club. I personally was seriously happy when the non league team I'd followed for so long became a league team. There is a difference in wanting the team I support to do well and liking the man in charge, or not as the case may or not be.I am BUFC through and through, I am not a cheerleader for the manager past or present.

John Bunyan, 1684

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 06:49:01 PM »
New manager of Mansfield Town ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38004157