Author Topic: Player Ins and Outs  (Read 42192 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Player Ins and Outs
« on: June 07, 2016, 05:21:00 PM »
Looking forward to the coming season when there will be lots of changes to talk about.

2 more signings to be announced later, joining Courtney Wilding, Callum Chippendale and Shane Clarke already signed.

Current players resigned are Joe Burgess, Lewis Hilliard, Cameron Johnson and Jay Rollins, with Grant Roberts and Kaine Felix also agreeing to remain.
Assume Mark Jones, Richard Jones and Nat Brown will be staying, although we are still waiting on a decision from Fabian Spiess.

We knew we had lost Carl Piergianni, Liam Marrs and Dylan McEvoy, but now hear that Scott Garner and Zak Mills are going.  We are expecting Dayle Southwell to move to a higher league with a consolation payment and maybe a sell-on clause to soften the blow. 

Not sure what the position is with Malachi Lavelle-Moore.
United we stand..................

porl99

• View Profile
Re: Player Ins and Outs
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 06:11:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure Richard Jones has left to play for Peterborough Sports. Quite a drop in levels but a great signing for them.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 06:27:10 PM »
I wonder if he knew before what he now knows, whether DG would have signed an extra year contract? Rather than cementing what he's achieved, the way it's looking now, it's going to be like starting over. I know that's non league for you, and I haven't been the biggest DG fan in the past, but I feel a huge chunk of sympathy regarding the seeming exodus of the better players he's put together over the last couple of years. I understand budget plays a huge part at our level, but it seems the hard work that's gone in to building the side may be going to waste.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 07:52:48 PM »
Waide Fairhurst, striker from Halifax. 27 years old. Former clubs include Torquay, Macclesfield, Hereford and Lincoln.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 08:27:30 PM »
I wonder if he knew before what he now knows, whether DG would have signed an extra year contract? Rather than cementing what he's achieved, the way it's looking now, it's going to be like starting over. I know that's non league for you, and I haven't been the biggest DG fan in the past, but I feel a huge chunk of sympathy regarding the seeming exodus of the better players he's put together over the last couple of years. I understand budget plays a huge part at our level, but it seems the hard work that's gone in to building the side may be going to waste.

NO not had this problem for many years H/C .   Graham Drury etc managed not to have their signings  tapped up  :) ;) ;)

Be positive Den will keep the conveyor belt going .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 09:29:02 PM »
Waide Fairhurst, striker from Halifax. 27 years old. Former clubs include Torquay, Macclesfield, Hereford and Lincoln.

Fairhurst is an energetic, creative forward, who is just as effective with either foot and combines technical skill with strength and physicality, which enables him to excel with the ball at his feet. He is a versatile attacker, capable of playing anywhere along the front line, as a striker, supporting forward, or even as a winger. he's even been deployed in a deeper, more creative role, as an attacking midfielder because of his passing ability. Fairhurst is renowned for scoring goals inside the area and producing moments of brilliance to score spectacular strikes from all angles and distances. Fairhurst has also been praised for his work-rate and stamina. Not bad for a lad from Sheffield.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 09:31:09 PM »
Did he write his own wikipedia page?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 09:35:38 PM »

He's scored some goals so some of it must be true!

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 09:59:33 PM »
yeah that was my first thought when I checked it

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 10:02:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure Richard Jones has left to play for Peterborough Sports. Quite a drop in levels but a great signing for them.

Thought he would have done a good job for us alongside Nat Brown.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 10:08:58 PM »
 A few more Northern powerhouses and it will be fine ..  :angel:

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 10:12:13 PM »
Re JonesR may be he thinks his injury will be problematic in future

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 08:17:06 AM »
Seems to know where the target is........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK3yCif_t08

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 08:27:57 AM »
Zak Mills a big loss if he goes.

However Brown and Fairhurst look like good signings.

Brown more than deserves it after playing v well at the end of the season.

Fairhurst has only played at Football League / Conf National level and a fairly good goal scoring record there so looks to have the potential to be a 20+ goals a season man at our level. Looks a bit of a 'how did we manage to get him' signing. If Ferriby or similar had signed him would have assumed they'd be paying him big money, being a proven striker dropping down a league.

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 03:47:34 PM »
Zak Mills a big loss if he goes.

However Brown and Fairhurst look like good signings.

Brown more than deserves it after playing v well at the end of the season.

Fairhurst has only played at Football League / Conf National level and a fairly good goal scoring record there so looks to have the potential to be a 20+ goals a season man at our level. Looks a bit of a 'how did we manage to get him' signing. If Ferriby or similar had signed him would have assumed they'd be paying him big money, being a proven striker dropping down a league.
had a bad injury around Xmas last year