Author Topic: King John Blackwell  (Read 6982 times)

Gus

• View Profile
King John Blackwell
« on: May 28, 2016, 03:06:10 PM »
Good article in the Standard by Duncan Browne on John's career.  A true and loyal servant, even if he got a bit 'squiffy' at times, always had the club at heart.

The sad thing for John is that he didn't want to leave.  I am just wondering when the details of his departure will come out!!!!!

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: King John Blackwell
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:06:53 PM »
Gus I thought we had replacement for John, it was announced that week he said he was retiring, wasn't it some property developers mate I forget his name but was supposed to be the bees knees or dogs bo##??ks.
Was speaking to someone the other week and she reckons Craig Singleton had got Johns role never advertised and she was rather upset that no one got a chance of applying for it, mates and family again? We thought the club had changed direction from them dark days??
Suppose the truth will come out one day but then again this is Boston United.

Also Real shame that No game had been organised as a Thankyou for Johns loyal service, other than oh yeah let's have a friendly with Fat Frys team and put Johns name to it. Everyone will be sucking up to Fry who hates us a Boston horrible cretin.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 07:42:39 PM »
Good article in the Standard by Duncan Browne on John's career.  A true and loyal servant, even if he got a bit 'squiffy' at times, always had the club at heart.

The sad thing for John is that he didn't want to leave.  I am just wondering when the details of his departure will come out!!!!!

Most wont know the truth behind Johns Departure only few does

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 07:49:32 PM »
Gus I thought we had replacement for John, it was announced that week he said he was retiring, wasn't it some property developers mate I forget his name but was supposed to be the bees knees or dogs bo##??ks.
Was speaking to someone the other week and she reckons Craig Singleton had got Johns role never advertised and she was rather upset that no one got a chance of applying for it, mates and family again? We thought the club had changed direction from them dark days??
Suppose the truth will come out one day but then again this is Boston United.

Also Real shame that No game had been organised as a Thankyou for Johns loyal service, other than oh yeah let's have a friendly with Fat Frys team and put Johns name to it. Everyone will be sucking up to Fry who hates us a Boston horrible cretin.

Not taken long for someone to to bait the hook and then have it taken on first cast, you are obviously hoping you can get the season off on a good footing for the moaners. As far as John is concerned he is now President of the club I believe and we should not be speculating about his retirement. The club apparently need to raise two million pounds to complete the new stadium and tightening the belt regarding employees at the club to me makes sense and is not as you suggest a return to the dark days, so until you have only rumors and speculation to work with you should keep them to yourself.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 08:19:11 PM »

The article is online at: http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/boston-united/goodbye-and-thank-you-mr-boston-united-john-blackwell-the-man-who-helped-save-the-pilgrims-is-preparing-to-retire-after-38-years-at-york-street-1-7398738

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 09:56:38 PM »
OXO it's a view from outside the band of merry men,arse licker's and the many free loaders who turn up for their free tickets.
So I'm Not moaning far from it.

Obviously can't comment on the funding of new ground as don't have that information, or walk amongst people who think they know it all, I do know It must be bloody hard to find any investors
So therefore I am not having a go at our chairman or board members either over the new ground.

Please continue to post your very good and balanced post even when your moaning 😀
Also I won't throw my dummy out, when people don't share my views, unlike some who have.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 09:10:53 PM »
A very blinkered reply if I may say, Melvin. Loads of people know what has happened to John and it's not nice!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 10:06:35 AM »
A very blinkered reply if I may say, Melvin. Loads of people know what has happened to John and it's not nice!

Well I don't know " what has happened to John " and therefore will not speculate on a post that clearly is aimed at causing unrest. You say I am "blinkered" if this means I ignore things that I don't agree with then you are very wrong I make my views known but what I don't do is post little ambiguous statements. If you or "the loads of people" who know what has "happened to John" have not got the proof of what you think you know to post it on here then you should leave well alone. Tell you what send me a PM saying what you know etc I can then consider my position on this.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 11:18:18 AM »
To know that you do not know is the best.
To pretend to know when you do not know is disease.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 11:23:00 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Bannovallum Bill

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 10:28:15 AM »
Personally, I think your Craig is an ideal replacement for JB if he is appointed. Very thorough at what he does and researches. I think he posts on here a lot so I wish him all the best.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 07:17:14 PM »
OXO  when I've got a few minutes I will pm you and I think you will be surprised.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 08:27:35 PM »
Popped in late today to say cheers and renew season ticket.
A last day at work for a loyal servant ....an emotional time.
I hope your retirement is a long and fulfilled one....
Few people at any business are irreplaceable.....
Maybe the knowledge and experience  JB holds may just get a "consultancy" gig

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »
Apart from his age I also think his lack of IT knowledge would also be a factor,he does not own or even know how too work a pc,been in the office many a time when he has had a bit of a moan when someone has said email it John lol

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 03:01:22 PM »
Rather than to be drawn into what will to many seem a tatty debate I would like to intrude on the thread and do what  I,m sure 99% of fans will join me in ......... .

Offering John  thanks for his services to the club and the FANS .  When we reflect on certain times in the 38 years we realise what bottle John had to stay loyal to the club and provide the continuation of a pro football club in Boston . 

I would think in non-league football John is probably the best known and respected club administrator in the game .

Best wishes to John and Maureen .

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
Enjoy your retirement, John. You deserve it.