Author Topic: Stalybridge v Boston illegal betting patterns  (Read 6475 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
Stalybridge v Boston illegal betting patterns
« on: May 25, 2016, 10:09:22 AM »
Pleased to see the FA and Gambling Commission are looking in to the betting surrounding this match.

When this market was first formed Boston were put in at 5/4. By KO Boston were 8/15 if you could get on, and Stalybridge were 'any price'.

Somebody knew that Stalybridge were not going to win.

As a licensed bookmaker I was happy to lay Boston at 4/6 when they should be a 5/4 chance IMO but it didn't take long for me to realise something was a miss.

For the avoidance of doubt IMO this is a Stalybridge problem that BUFC have once again been caught up in. I can't see how BUFC have done anything wrong.

Qwerty 

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stalybridge v Boston illegal betting patterns
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 11:50:15 AM »
Surely the price drop and Boston been backed must have been due to punters knowing Stalybridge were going to field a weakened team with 3 youth team players. If their manager said the day before he was going to put youth team players in the squad, this isn't illegal is it?

Didn't go to this match but listened to the radio commentary and they did say how one sided it was.

Billy Shears

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 05:18:04 PM »
Think the FA ought to demote United two divisions straight away....just in case.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 05:39:40 PM »
Hardly surprising Celtic fans piled money on a defeat ,  in mid-week in the County Cup  they had lost to Mossley 3-1 .   Mossley are 2 leagues below Celtic ,  Forum comments on that match were mainly capitulation, shambolic ,diabolical ,

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 05:47:36 PM »
This was the game in which Grant Roberts scored a long range thunderbolt straight into the top corner. 99 times out of 100 that shot would have ended in the stands, and Grant struck it so true that three keepers wouldn't have saved it. Any suggestion that the game was somehow stage managed to achieve a particular outcome is simply unfathomable. Case therefore must be thrown out.

Harrogate and Nuneaton also won convincingly on the final day against sides with nothing to play for. It's not unusual for this type of match to go the way it did. Are Harrogate and Nuneaton under investigation as well?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 07:12:53 PM »
A couple of things, Before the game a Celtic supporter said to me "You will win by five today mate, we couldn't beat a Sunday league team on Wednesday". Hope he had a few bob on that score, by the way that is Gods truth. Secondly this is obviously the bookies moaning like they do when suffering a loss, good to see em get their arses kicked.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 07:25:56 PM »
I can't imagine there was more than a few thousand in total on the match, including accumulators.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »
They should investigate the officials in the play off games,they had to be on a bung to leave Denton on the field AND award that penalty..

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 10:38:16 PM »
They want to look at Boston Town's last result apparently this was suspicious, maybe they only heard the Boston bit and made the decision to investigate.

I often have a little flutter at high scores it's made easier if you study tables and local papers reports at the tail end of the season I goy Nuneaton and Harrogate right but had us as 5-2 winners as thought we would leak at least a couple.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 10:23:02 AM »
Looking at the odds for the game I think much above evens was good value. We were away & there's always potential to slip up, despite their poor midweek result.... was amazed how we breezed through to be honest

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 11:08:51 AM »
Are they investigating the Sri Lanka cricket team, too?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 10:30:14 AM »
Anyone know the outcome of this ? Do we have to let them win 0-5 on Saturday ?

TEP