Author Topic: Conor Robinson and Greg Tempest  (Read 12361 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Conor Robinson and Greg Tempest
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 07:18:57 PM »
DG was in Spain when the 2 new signings were announced. Craig/JB are needed for the paperwork, and DN/NK to sign any contracts (I assume).

The chief scout is on holiday too - is that a problem??

Dunno how it works - maybe he left a list with Craig to do all the signings?

Not suggesting Den shouldn't be in Spain either - just that I can't imagine we're in a position to take advantage of the sudden availability of these players until he's back.

They have the Internet over there... plenty of these players will have known a few weeks ago they were probably being released, and started putting their name 'out there'.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:56 PM »
DG was in Spain when the 2 new signings were announced. Craig/JB are needed for the paperwork, and DN/NK to sign any contracts (I assume).

The chief scout is on holiday too - is that a problem??

Dunno how it works - maybe he left a list with Craig to do all the signings?

Not suggesting Den shouldn't be in Spain either - just that I can't imagine we're in a position to take advantage of the sudden availability of these players until he's back.

They have the Internet over there... plenty of these players will have known a few weeks ago they were probably being released, and started putting their name 'out there'.
Apparently there's a chap called Zlatan looking for a move to an English club.....
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 08:21:58 PM »
Tempest would be a good signing. Thought he did well for us when he was here before. Feel our midfield has been missing something since Richards left. Midfield only looked better again when we switched to playing more midfielders with 3 centre mids.
he did look alright, I agree, but has played left back for the chimps and looked very average according to a mate of mine. Who would you drop....Lewis, Garns or Roberts?

Tempest ,  Lewis , Garns or Roberts in midfield ?    My concern is unless I,ve missed it  Grant has not signed yet .   Not too concerned about if other 3 are not available for a midfield  roll.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49:22 PM »
Does nothing for season ticket sales when our squad could be decimated. Lets have some positive information to get the juices flowing.

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 11:55:01 PM »
I just cannot believe anyone would want to drop Grant Roberts out of our midfield, Grant as shown he is a class midfielder for this league, if Greg Tempest was to come in, I would drop L Hilliard, to me he's just not up to this physical league, he disappears in lots of games, I couldn't understand why DG brought him in and let young Dixon go out on loan , and eventually he signed for his loan team which is understandable, the lad needed games to get his form back,and he was not getting games under DG, We shall have to wait and see who DG  signs in the coming weeks, because boy are we going to miss Pidges powerful defending , also D Southwells goal scoring ability, it's going to be very interesting to see what players DG as got in his thoughts.
I agree I would never have let Kyle Dixon go

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 02:45:34 AM »
I was a Kyle Dixon fan ...but where is he playing now?
He hasn't gone  higher. .I think he's playing one or leagues below us. Surely if he was as good as we liked to think he was then someone in our league or one below would have snapped him up????

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 07:26:28 PM »
I just cannot believe anyone would want to drop Grant Roberts out of our midfield, Grant as shown he is a class midfielder for this league, if Greg Tempest was to come in, I would drop L Hilliard, to me he's just not up to this physical league, he disappears in lots of games, I couldn't understand why DG brought him in and let young Dixon go out on loan , and eventually he signed for his loan team which is understandable, the lad needed games to get his form back,and he was not getting games under DG, We shall have to wait and see who DG  signs in the coming weeks, because boy are we going to miss Pidges powerful defending , also D Southwells goal scoring ability, it's going to be very interesting to see what players DG as got in his thoughts.
I agree I would never have let Kyle Dixon go
He was poor last season - which is why he couldn't get in the team, and left because of it.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 07:50:30 PM »
 Tempest would be a great addition to the squad IMO
Two things that surprised me last season were : 
1 Dixon going out on loan,
2 ditto Robbins,

The reason for 2 later became apparent,  but 1 was never adequately  explained  ???

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 06:50:46 AM »
What is the obsession with signing ex players. Robinson struggled with us and didn't even make the starting eleven and Tempest has had lots of injuries and I can't see that he is any better than what we've got in midfield. No thanks Dennis we need better if we are going to compete for a playoff place.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »
What is the obsession with signing ex players. Robinson struggled with us and didn't even make the starting eleven and Tempest has had lots of injuries and I can't see that he is any better than what we've got in midfield. No thanks Dennis we need better if we are going to compete for a playoff place.

Pleased he didn't take that view on Miller and Dixon. And marrs if been technical

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2016, 10:14:14 PM »
I'm sure DG is aware of theses players being released,
Personally I don't think Connor is any better than the young lads we had last year,
But I would be very happy with Greg coming back.
Although I do agree with Bogde we shouldn't look back at old faces unless of course
They are as good as who Bostonshire quite rightly pointed out.

Mars will be big loss but traveling less and probably getting more money does not take
Much persuading so good luck to him.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 12:02:57 AM »
Connor Robinson has decided not to take up Lincoln's offer of a month's pre-season trial and left the club.  Is he a target for us?
Matt Rhead looks as if he is leaving to better himself.  ???
United we stand..................

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2016, 03:25:15 PM »
tempest gone to nuneaton

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 09:27:36 PM »
tempest gone to nuneaton
Connor signed for ferriby
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684