Author Topic: New deal for Dennis and next seasons prices released  (Read 6270 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
New deal for Dennis and next seasons prices released
« on: May 11, 2016, 10:52:13 AM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/greene-agrees-contract-extension-1613430.html

Far from his biggest fan but if the on the pitch results of the last three years continue (or improve!) then its a good contract extension.

Also pleased to see a slight increase in the prices, sounds daft but I think its needed as the playing budget will need a boost for next season if we are to get anything like a top 5 finish.  All aboard!  :)

hozzer

• View Profile
Re: New deal for Dennis and next seasons prices released
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:14:22 AM »
spoke to Dennis a few times over the last 3 years and seems a decent guy. Was critical of him early season as we hadnt got the keeper situation sorted or the midfield which I still feel struggles against the physical sides. We need to be able to win ugly when not playing well and while the style of play has been exciting we leak way too many goals. Hopefully Dennis can sort these issues before the season starts but even DN says that the playing budget isnt the biggest and next season some of the new teams will be spending big eg Salford.

So good luck Dennis, playoffs at least for next year please.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 02:07:26 PM »
Good news. Think Greene is the person for the job. Hopefully after the last two years he will know what is required to go that bit further to get us over the line.

Ticket price increase ok - everything else is going up. Watching footy on Sky seems to increase every few months !

Is John Blackwell still at the Club or has he retired now ? Has he been replaced ?

TEP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 03:22:06 PM »
Pleased for him, despite what the knobheads  :bunny :bunny  might was to say and be abusive about our man, he has done a great job on what is not the highest of budgets in our league. Yet season upon season he has done what was asked, which was play offs as a minimum.  Hopefully ALL will now get behind him, or will we start the new season with lots of negativity and personal abuse in the same manner as most of this season ?  If we do, we will only be shooting ourselves in the foot. So please guys...and girls, get behind him as he is here to stay, like it or not. GREENE ARMY !!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 04:03:48 PM »
Pleased about the playing budget being increased and also pleased with the managers extended contract. Although Dennis took umbridge to some of my comments about the odd player or two and was quick to tell me so to my face. I appreciated that and can assure him I hold no grudges and he will have my support in bringing success to the club ( will still have my two pennyworth )  UTP.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
Stability is great and now into what will be his 4th season, Dennis can lead us to higher heights with the extra budget. Maybe he could use some of it to fly Pidge back for big matches!?!?! Time for a serious title push, it will save the play off upsets!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 06:51:59 PM »
Stability is great and now into what will be his 4th season, Dennis can lead us to higher heights with the extra budget. Maybe he could use some of it to fly Pidge back for big matches!?!?! Time for a serious title push, it will save the play off upsets!

Replacing Pidge is going to be one of the hardest tasks Dens faced. If we get Brown to sign then i think with one good signing at the back and with Jonah senior on the scene i think we will look ok defensibly in the centre. The summer is going to be interesting !

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 07:06:16 PM »
Need to get Conor Robinson signed up if Lincoln release him

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 07:39:04 PM »

Replacing Pidge is going to be one of the hardest tasks Dens faced. If we get Brown to sign then i think with one good signing at the back and with Jonah senior on the scene i think we will look ok defensibly in the centre. The summer is going to be interesting !
We could maybe do a lot worse than having a sniff at out of favour Mariner, Shaun Pearson. He's been on the bench more often than  a crown court judge. He was a very capable player at our level, and surely he'd be tempted?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 08:01:16 PM »

We could maybe do a lot worse than having a sniff at out of favour Mariner, Shaun Pearson. He's been on the bench more often than  a crown court judge. He was a very capable player at our level, and surely he'd be tempted?

Would love him back, but would he drop down a level with other clubs interested from that higher level.  He's certainly a fans fav here though.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 12:55:50 AM »
I have been told that he wants to come back,as you say he has been on the bench a lot...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 09:16:06 AM »
He's currently full-time at Grimsby, and I'm sure there will be a few clubs at his level keeping an eye on his situation.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 09:59:40 AM »
Good news , as said stability is the key .  We know over the last three seasons a handful of supporters have been calling for Greene,s blood . No good chairman is going to sack a successful manager just to please a very few "fans" .   Ours is an outstanding chairman and is smart enough to give a good manager a two year extension .

Any one fancy taking the route the above "fans" advocate ? .   Notts C  twelve managers in ten years ,  Imps five managers in five years ,   how many play-offs have these managers achieved at these clubs ?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 11:06:08 AM »
Excellent news - we will have to win it outright to get promoted IMO as we never get much luck in the playoffs.
Pearson would be a great replacement for Pidge, but I doubt if he would drop down a level - if he did it could be worth 10 goals a season if Zak Mills stays and keeps launching those long throw-ins  :dan

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 01:43:03 PM »
Next season will be very hard.
A resurgent Darlo, an embarrassed Halifax, Salford playthings....and an old adversary in Altricham.
Big spenders Tamworth will expect more next season
Harrogate/Fylde/NFU still will be in there...
Stockport will surely advance......

Go and see your mum in Spain Den.....but don't stay too long :)