Author Topic: todays game  (Read 18661 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 09:10:49 PM »
All 3 goals. Shows Nat Brown being floored by another elbow, but the ref ignoring him...

https://youtu.be/UdDZNFUEnSA
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 09:12:05 PM »
I have to say I was disgusted with the riff raff that jumped on the bandwagon last couple of games, throwing flares on to the pitch, throwing coins, lighters and cans at their players thank god they won't be there next season until we challenge again

I agree, and it gets worse. I've just clicked on a link from the Hull Daily Mail and it looks like a couple of our "fans" were arrested for assaulting a North Ferriby fan wearing a hearing aid and glasses. It doesn't make for good reading, does it? You can kind of understand the presence of the police helicopter if they were looking for someone.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Search-North-Ferriby-United-fan-assaulted-play/story-29246001-detail/story.html

If found guilty, ban them for life!

On the subject of flares being thrown onto the pitch, you've got to ask a huge question of North Ferriby in terms of why spectators weren't being searched on entry. Presumably somebody had a carrier bag full of them and they should have been stopped from taking them inside.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 09:32:07 PM »
Hopefully strong action will be taken against those responsible today, the Chestnuts have put in too much hard work restoring the clubs name for idiots to ruin it.

AdyG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 10:08:20 PM »
I have to say I was disgusted with the riff raff that jumped on the bandwagon last couple of games, throwing flares on to the pitch, throwing coins, lighters and cans at their players thank god they won't be there next season until we challenge again

I agree, and it gets worse. I've just clicked on a link from the Hull Daily Mail and it looks like a couple of our "fans" were arrested for assaulting a North Ferriby fan wearing a hearing aid and glasses. It doesn't make for good reading, does it? You can kind of understand the presence of the police helicopter if they were looking for someone.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Search-North-Ferriby-United-fan-assaulted-play/story-29246001-detail/story.html

If found guilty, ban them for life!

On the subject of flares being thrown onto the pitch, you've got to ask a huge question of North Ferriby in terms of why spectators weren't being searched on entry. Presumably somebody had a carrier bag full of them and they should have been stopped from taking them inside.

Seems a very biased report regarding the flares, both sets of fans were guilty of throwing them onto the pitch, ferriby fans threw 2 flares on during play (play was stopped for a few mins while the stewards walked around the pitch to collect them). I only saw the aftermath of trouble but it looked like hangbags at ten paces, maybe in big important games the fans should be segregated.

The players struggled today against a physical side and really poor officials. I thought Zak was our best player today (probably our most consistent this season), he seemed to be left very isolated at times.

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 10:33:45 PM »
Very clear that Denton got Carl in a headlock and pulled him on top for the 'penalty'. They continued to cheat throughout the game because the officials'let them'. Why is this? Not saying we turned up today zak Mills being one of those that did but the standard of these officials brings the game into disrepute and makes you wonder!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 08:28:48 AM »
I have had a night to sleep on the result, so hopefully this is an unbiased opinion.

Yet again we have been let down by the officials, it seems every important match we have, we have to play 12 men, and yesterday 13.  I do not know if you noticed but the home fans applauded every decision by the ref, as if they knew they were getting the rub.  The officials had a hand in all the goals.  The first was a VERY DODGY penalty.  The second was a corner from a free kick that should have been awarded to us. The third was after Nat Brown was laid out by yet another elbow. This is after the Jeremy Beadle lookalike ref on Wednesday, who was instrumental in us only having a 2 goal lead. I have said it once and I will say it again, we are still carrying the stigma of the Evans era.

I think the players had the stuffing knocked out of them by the bad decisions yesterday and it reflected in the way they played.  They were never at the game.  Why oh way do we play the high, long ball tactic against one of the biggest teams in the league?  It does not work, it proves that after the three defeats we have had against them this season.

It is the first time I have been to that ground, how can that be up to any kind of standard?  Never mind league standard.  Only one entrance and exit.  No segregation, you could see trouble was going to start.  I agree with OXO name and shame get the trouble makers banned, we are always going to be given an hard time by officials if we cannot get rid of the nasty taste of the Evans era and hooligan fans is not going to help.  If anyone else saw the game different please comment.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:28:45 AM by Dipdodah »
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Boston forever

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »
Regarding the arrests, I have never seen them at a Boston game before, they weren't even watching game, spent whole time taunting ferriby fans, he just layed into their fan, IF he is from Boston then should be banned for life

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 10:08:44 AM »
after the first goal wasit bostons plan to go all out for a goal of our own,                I just cant believe we never had a goal in us             

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 10:51:15 AM »
My wife and i went to the game, lets start with the stewards lets say all 6 of them, need to be trained in all aspects of crowd control ,we talk to one steward he says he was from City(must have been Hull City)
The game itself; the ref was very poor yet again, the linesman who gave the pen, not the ref, was poor.Boston Utd was hurtled out of the way.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 11:12:28 AM »
The penalty decision was laughable – truly ridiculous – but to try and blame the officials for our performance yesterday is a bit daft. We were abysmal, plain and simple. Pierluigi Collina could have reffed yesterday and we’d still have lost. Nope, this one rests squarely with the team, a fact the players themselves were able to acknowledge with a little more grace than some of the fans I listened to yesterday, blathering on about ‘FA conspiracies’ as though it was 2003 all over again. Quite how we managed to be so dire is mystifying given recent performances, but we were and Ferriby deserved to go through, however horrible it is to admit.

As for the crowd trouble, you have to marvel at the stupidity of Ferriby’s stewarding arrangements, or lack thereof. I watched a group of Boston fans break away from the main lot in the stand and tracked them as they walked around the ground, shoving past people on the way. It was obvious they weren’t going for a piss or a pie, and were instead heading to ‘occupy’ the Ferriby end. Why none of the five Ferriby stewards clocked them is beyond me. And a massive well done to the supporters who bravely took on the 14 year old Ferriby fans and upset a good number of Boston fans – including some teenage girls - in that part of the ground in the process. Absolute heroes.

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 11:53:21 AM »
like a few on here I've waited a while until I put my views in writing.

If we take both game overall we were pretty much matched, we were brilliant Wednesday and Ferriby didnt get a look in it and yesterday it was a total role reversal.

The refs in both games were shockers, Wednesdays one should have sent Denton off after the first fore arm smash againt Pidge (didn't even speak to him), then the one against Nat Brown (didnt even speak to him), Scott garner, (didnt speak to him), 5 yard run smashing Roberts across the face, yellow card, it became laughable, he booked McEvoy for a shirt pull on the half way line but Ferribys number 8 sliced down Hilliard from the back when we were in an attacking position and didnt go for a card.
Yesterday the lino gave the penalty, bizarre. Not sure Speiss was fouled for the 2nd but the third after Denton had felled Brown leaving us no cover, head injury, allowed play to go on and goal. Oh and lets not forget Denton whacked Hilliard and only got a yellow. Dont want it to sound sour grapes but the refereres had a major impact on the game's.

On the other hand if we had played just ok yesterday we might have been looking to a trip to Fylde next Saturday. This team are either brilliant playing free flowing attacking football scoring hatfulls or we cant defend for toffee. We need some new personnel so we can win ugly, something Den's teams over the last 3 years just cant seem to do.

Dont like talking about total w***ers that think its big and clever to take on young kids but they need a trip to court. Whats so disappointing is that around 1,500 fans went and supported BUFC without any trouble and a few idiots give us all a bad name. If time travel was possible I would send them to Millwall in the 70's and 80's and see if they feel so clever and macho then.

against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 02:36:34 PM »
The narrative of the story so far appears to be that a big Boston crowd of troublemakers have come in and caused lots of problems for a friendly little village club.  In many ways that true, there was some pretty poor behaviour on show from some of the hangers on that will inevitably turn up on this kind of occasion.  However, that was true of both sides yesterday and having witnessed plenty of transgressions from both sets of fans I feel it’s necessary to add a bit of balance.  I would also note that the vast majority of the 2000+ there from both sides were able to watch the game in an unsegregated ground without any issues whatsoever (I stood next to some Ferriby fans and was able to respectfully disagree over the penalty without getting clubbed to death).

With all that in mind, the question for would be “were these event’s foreseeable?” and the answer is a resounding yes.  In fact with the layout of the ground and the marshalling strategy (or lack of), I would say they were almost guaranteed in my opinion. 

Boston are well known to take high numbers of travelling supporters and, as already mentioned, inevitably trouble causers will attach themselves to these types of big occasions.  That’s not an attempt to somehow justify their actions, it’s just pointing out an unfortunate reality.  Likewise, North Ferriby is in close proximity to Hull and it wouldn’t have taken much at all for some local troublemakers to have come along.  With all this in mind, you have to have a strategy in place to deal with these eventualities.  Sadly, it appeared there was none present. 

My initial observations were as follows.  There appeared to be a group of youngsters linked with North Ferriby keen to cause some trouble and that had already started when I entered the ground at approx. 14.15 with them standing adjacent to the already congregating travelling contingent.  There were some very minor scuffles even at that point. At that point, I could only see 3 stewards who appeared woefully out of their depth.  They attempted to clear the group but they were able to keep returning.  Boston fans threw smoke bombs onto the pitch before the game and North Ferriby fans were also throwing smoke bombs and some on the pitch after they scored early on.

I scanned around the stadium and noted that there was a single entrance and exit.  The areas behind the goals were incredibly cramped with many spectators unintentionally blocking what also served as access routes to and from other areas of the ground.  As the toilet and refreshment facilities were located in one stand, this would ensure a permanent stream of individuals walking up and down all match. There was absolutely no segregation and no facility for segregation, with the result being fans of both sides being interspersed with one another.

I have since heard reports of 6 stewards being on duty, if so, that’s a 100% increase on my estimate.  However, this is still woefully inadequate for a 2000+ crowd.  If just 1% of the crowd, i.e. 20 people, had begun fighting, that would have left the ratio of stewards to fans at almost 1:4.  I literally thought after about 1 minute of surveying the situation that there was going to be trouble.  Luckily, that trouble seems to have ended up being relatively small compared to what might have happened.

All this has led me to wonder how on earth this stadium could host Conference National football.  Let’s be honest, there are some big ex Football League clubs it is simply not fit for purpose to deal with big games.  When I look back at the times Boston were forced to carry out all sorts of remedial work at York Street in order to secure promotion, I wonder how on earth this ground would be deemed suitable. 

I will end this rather long post by saying that while any kind of assault is abhorrent and I certainly do not condone the actions of morons purporting to be football fans assaulting people.  However, I think North Ferriby the conference and the F.A. need to take a long look at these arraignments and acknowledge that the current situation is simply not fit for purpose and make sure that steps are put into practice now to deal with games of this stature.  I brought my youngsters along and I had genuine concerns for their safety at times which is a very great shame for non-league football.

P.S.
I am not inferring in the slightest that this had any bearing on the final score whatsoever before I’m accused of sour grapes.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 03:35:02 PM »
I literally thought after about 1 minute of surveying the situation that there was going to be trouble.  Luckily, that trouble seems to have ended up being relatively small compared to what might have happened.

Spot on. The moment I saw the dickheads mingling, I thought the same. What transpired was actually quite minor, but had the match been more dramatic (i.e., if Boston had actually made a game of it and had emotions been running high) then things may well have turned very ugly indeed.

Well done to the police for blocking the exit with a car as well, just as 2,000+ people wanted to leave. Amazing work.

Honestly - some of the decisions made yesterday were breathtakingly thick.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 04:44:30 PM »
....some of us found the small fire exit in the back of the main only stand which made for a quick getaway.

Got to agree with all the comments on here, the ground and staff were woefully unprepared and short of numbers to deal with any sort of crowd. Heaven knows how they'll cope if they go up and the likes of Tranmere, Lincoln and Wrexham show up with a larger travelling support that we had. At one point, there seemed to be a major issue developing with our fans filling the end of the stand and sheer numbers preventing folk getting through, whilst more streamed towards the area from the turnstiles with no marshalling whatsoever. 

Think this is the right document - http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/pdf/my-football/grade-a-may-2015.ashx?la=en - a lot of work to do

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 07:34:50 PM »
I didn't make the game, but reading what you guys are saying, yes, Ferriby should have done more regarding stewarding. But would that still have stopped these clown thugs from entering and more to the point, giving BUFC a bad name yet again ?
I seems we have had a season of fan issues, racist shouts, aggression to staff on the benches, hate chants, chants about Dens girlfriend been a whore as the idiots put it,  and dare i say it, we now have a serious accusation about our manager which i am sure many of you have seen on social media, and which nobody so far on here has commented about.  Personally, i think our beloved club and Mr Newton needs to treat all these issues with zero tolerance, and out anyone who is not representing BUFC in the correct manner,  which may i say finally, 95% of us all do ! We have a great set of fans on the whole, lets not let a couple of dozen ruin it for us.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:30:29 PM by leftbackinthedressingroom »