Author Topic: todays game  (Read 18703 times)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
todays game
« on: May 08, 2016, 03:33:13 PM »
Not going very well at present

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 04:56:15 PM »
lost 3-0 we just didn't seem to have turned up, didn't sound as though we had a decent shot on target all game.   ah well, it might be our turn next season.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 05:00:10 PM »
Sounds like first penalty was dubious

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 05:02:31 PM »
So disappointed after Wednesday exploits.
Also surprised it took Denton to get to 86 minutes of the second game before getting booked...
Hey ho. ....move on. New stadium new league

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 05:29:43 PM »
All went pear shaped at the vital game after a great run in .

Good news is DG has said on radio that he will continue next season .

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »
Gutless performance
Load of crap deserve nothing
Playing like that.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 06:17:56 PM »
Absolutely gutted......
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:24:44 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 07:10:09 PM »
Penalty was dubious to say the least! Ref never gave it, was down to the linesman. Stewarding was an absolute joke, not surprised trouble flared up.
Gutted, gutted, gutted.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 07:17:21 PM »
Pathetic is the only way to describe that performance. Okay the penalty was a very poor decision by the linesman and officials were again very poor in general. Time for a clear out now as this league looks as if it will be the toughest yet. I would like to see the following retained if they will agree to stay, Garner, Speis, Southwell, Mills, Marrs, McAvoy, Rollins, Felix, Roberts, Brown, Richard Jones, and get rid of the rest some of who don't seem particularly bothered about wearing the shirt.
I have to say I was disgusted with the riff raff that jumped on the bandwagon last couple of games, throwing flares on to the pitch, throwing coins, lighters and cans at their players thank god they won't be there next season until we challenge again

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 07:44:57 PM »
Pathetic is the only way to describe that performance. Okay the penalty was a very poor decision by the linesman and officials were again very poor in general. Time for a clear out now as this league looks as if it will be the toughest yet. I would like to see the following retained if they will agree to stay, Garner, Speis, Southwell, Mills, Marrs, McAvoy, Rollins, Felix, Roberts, Brown, Richard Jones, and get rid of the rest some of who don't seem particularly bothered about wearing the shirt.
I have to say I was disgusted with the riff raff that jumped on the bandwagon last couple of games, throwing flares on to the pitch, throwing coins, lighters and cans at their players thank god they won't be there next season until we challenge again

Agree with your first points on the team retained list, but i would add Mark Jones who in my eyes is a good worker for the team and would be a good person to have in certain situations.

Regarding a small section of the fans, they should be named and shamed in my honest opinion, then banned by the club.  We don't need these drunken idiots at the games. Give them a shandy and they become morons. Talking of which, i hear there is some potential slanderous claims about the manager circulating on social media, i would hope that the club investigates fully.

Here's to a calming summer for all, time for de-stressing and time for reflecting. Lets all come back stronger, and back whoever is in charge, fully !  Happy summer peeps  8)

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 08:22:25 PM »
Such a shame today that we didn't perform well. Only came close to scoring near the end. Also the ref again. How they cannot see the elbows is making me think that forces are at play. Amazing turnout from the Boston fans, at least 1600 but we didn't come out looking good. There was a lot to be frustrated about but shouldn't be throwing glasses and other things at the players.
What I cannot understand is how these grounds actually come up to the required standards. One stand and six stewards yet next season they may be playing for a place in the football league. Imagine a home tie with grimsby.
 I know there were a few trouble makers there today but was the police helicopter necessary. Let's hope we don't get a big policing bill .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 08:26:57 PM »
We just didn't seem to have a game plan today. The players looked hesitant and not sure whether to sit back or push on, the officials didn't help but we got what we deserved in the first half. I thought we looked more positive second half but the game was beyond us by then.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 08:42:36 PM »
http://youtu.be/hJabSHZokMk

Today's penalty incident

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 08:42:46 PM »
It's more annoying when you see how we played in the home leg, but I thought we did extremely well to make the play-offs considering we had such a dreadful March.

Of our three play-off teams I think this is the weakest, last years I thought was the strongest and then 10-11 in second. Den's got a big job on his hands now to not only strengthen but replace some big players, Pidge and Southwell (I'll be surprised if he isn't playing Conference football for someone next season). I still think he's done a cracking job on getting together a playoff team on what's probably a mid-table budget, but he can't afford another summer like the last one, that's where the damage was done.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 08:51:31 PM »
Boston started slowly and had that penalty not been awarded and the slow motion video shows it should have been a free kick to Boston. Had we weathered the initial onslaught (as to be expected) from Ferriby I am sure the team would have settled down and the outcome may have been completely different.

So for the 3rd season in a row we have been done by penalties.