Author Topic: todays game  (Read 18708 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2016, 04:18:35 PM »
Good spot ceamboy, good face shot as well.

Really good spot.  Well done!  That wraps up the case for the prosecution m'lord.
United we stand..................

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2016, 05:54:47 PM »
That green smoke was choking!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2016, 07:15:06 PM »
Here's another shot of one of the lads letting off the green smoke flares.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2016, 07:34:42 PM »
Here's another shot of one of the lads letting off the green smoke flares.

Here's an interesting article on the law in relation to possession of flares at football stadia.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Smoke-Bombs-Flares-and-Fireworks-Factsheet-for-FSF.pdf

It is also an offence for a person under the age of 18 to be found carrying a firework in a public place.

Now I'm no expert on ageing people, but I'm sure I had more of a five o'clock shadow than this guy when I was 18. He looks comfortably under 18 to me.

The police can issue an £80 fixed penalty notice to anyone under the age of 18 found in possession of a firework in a public place.

Ken, can you find an email address and send your evidence to Humberside Police. Frankly this should be sufficient evidence to hit him where it hurts - in the pocket.

It is highly likely that the court will impose a football banning order on a fan who is convicted of possession of a firework, flare or smoke bomb at a football match. The very nature of the offence means that the prosecution are likely to be able to persuade the court that the office is football related, and that it is necessary to impose the order to prevent the offence happening again.

Add to this the fact that the flare is in the colours of North Ferriby and I don't think any court in the land would see this as not football related.

Most football banning orders imposed by a court after a conviction for a football related offence are for 3 years.

... meaning North Ferriby will probably have gone bust by the time he's free to attend another match. Still, at least he'll be shaving by then.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »
And the lad in the dark blue top and cap with his back to us who was holding up the flare in the first shot, turned round and stood next to his mate after he'd thrown the flare onto the pitch. Here's what he looks like.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 08:28:41 PM »
The other point of interest in this photo is the steward. This is the guy who I spoke to at 1410 and warned him that the Ferriby "fans" were looking for trouble. He promptly warned them that any trouble and they would be evicted from the ground, and then promptly went and stood across the other side of the ground.

This photo was taken after the second Ferriby goal, some 16 minutes into the game. The police finally arrived approximately 85 minutes into the game. When I complained to a person seemingly in authority, leastwise he was wearing a Ferriby club tie and operating the gate from the pitch, about the lack protection offered to visitors to the club I was told "not to be so stupid" and that it was "due to response times."

The arrogance of stupidity!!

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2016, 09:02:42 PM »
Every photo with Denton in looks like a wrestle/foul

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2016, 09:56:54 PM »

I think I've finally worked out why the ref awarded the penalty ...

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2016, 10:03:21 PM »

I think I've finally worked out why the ref awarded the penalty ...

Brilliant...
Also from Impstalk and still funny
http://www.impstalk.co.uk/rough_guides/opposition/north_ferriby_united.htm

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »
Every photo with Denton in looks like a wrestle/foul
  that's because each one was, is, and will be again next year, and the year after, and, ok, you get the rest....
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2016, 11:19:25 PM »
I stood in that stand for first 25 minutes of second half,
All them in photos and the 2 twins ?? Found it amusing to goad our
Followers, to join them after their 3rd goal, unfortunately for them
Our followers that day obliged and mingled between them I can pick
2 of the older NFU adults out in the photo's who I witnessed throw the first punches
This caused the scuffle in that end of the ground.

What I then saw was the man with the hearing aid and glasses throwing punches as he had
Been hit in the Melee.
I spoke to this man shortly afterwards, I was buying a cup of tea and stood near corner flag
He was a little shaken but said he was okay and wasn't going to be frightened by them and returned
To his position in the stand.

Well done Mr Fox as always great photos.