Author Topic: todays game  (Read 18706 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 07:57:15 PM »
....some of us found the small fire exit in the back of the main only stand which made for a quick getaway.

Got to agree with all the comments on here, the ground and staff were woefully unprepared and short of numbers to deal with any sort of crowd. Heaven knows how they'll cope if they go up and the likes of Tranmere, Lincoln and Wrexham show up with a larger travelling support that we had. At one point, there seemed to be a major issue developing with our fans filling the end of the stand and sheer numbers preventing folk getting through, whilst more streamed towards the area from the turnstiles with no marshalling whatsoever.

Think this is the right document - http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/pdf/my-football/grade-a-may-2015.ashx?la=en - a lot of work to do

Well Pat having read that document I have to say that if Ferriby are promoted there is no way they will be able to achieve the requirements, it would require a completely new stadium along with the stewarding requirements. I know there is a 12 months grace to allow for improvement but this is an impossibility. There was talk of using Hull Kingston Rovers rugby league ground but according to the document they must play at a stadium in or close to North Ferriby itself and HKR is the other side of Hull.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »
hasnt the money gone ? (the Hull city connection)
isn't the club for sale?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 08:38:03 PM »
My usual set of snaps are in the usual public Facebook photo album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154165194239282.1073741970.570994281&type=1&l=e4284d4df6

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 09:09:12 PM »
Ken, your picture of Denton's foul on Lewis is perfect proof of the crap that bloke dishes out  great picture of a poor "tackle".
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2016, 09:21:18 PM »
....some of us found the small fire exit in the back of the main only stand which made for a quick getaway.

Got to agree with all the comments on here, the ground and staff were woefully unprepared and short of numbers to deal with any sort of crowd. Heaven knows how they'll cope if they go up and the likes of Tranmere, Lincoln and Wrexham show up with a larger travelling support that we had. At one point, there seemed to be a major issue developing with our fans filling the end of the stand and sheer numbers preventing folk getting through, whilst more streamed towards the area from the turnstiles with no marshalling whatsoever.

Think this is the right document - http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/pdf/my-football/grade-a-may-2015.ashx?la=en - a lot of work to do

Well Pat having read that document I have to say that if Ferriby are promoted there is no way they will be able to achieve the requirements, it would require a completely new stadium along with the stewarding requirements. I know there is a 12 months grace to allow for improvement but this is an impossibility. There was talk of using Hull Kingston Rovers rugby league ground but according to the document they must play at a stadium in or close to North Ferriby itself and HKR is the other side of Hull.

I think the Conference administration are seeing the hens come home to roost ,  about 5 years ago K Lynn were kicked out of the CN for not meeting the requirements in time , one of the conditions not fulfilled on time was the upsizing of the refs dressing rooms .
Any fool could see their ground was superior to many in the present CN and even Con PREM .   Importantly the ground lent itself to easy segregation .  I guess the ground capacity is about 5k .

According to present figures NFU ground capacity is 2.5k  .  I would guess depending on their league position at the time but it is very likely Tranmere , Wrexham would take 2k plus fans ,  Lincoln (only 40 miles) on a good run would take 3k plus , York likewise .
If Grimsby miss promotion they will take 4k fans .

Sunday was a good run out for the Humberside force to assess the capacity to stage a match with a 2k crowd , difficult to see anything over 2k permitted with segregation implemented .

This leaves the club having to make 5 of the matches all ticket with not enough tickets to meet demand .   I think after Sunday the ground Safety Advisory Group including Humberside police will realise with three of the teams being in proximity to NF this would create a risk of ticketless fans turning up .

Taking oxo,s comments on board I think the Conference and the S.A.G with safety factors in mind  cannot risk any other option but to order NFU to play their games at the KC Stadium .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2016, 10:20:44 PM »
Reading those rules for ground grading I think Melchester Rovers have a better chance of getting promoted to the national league than Ferriby. :dan
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2016, 10:32:21 PM »
Reading those rules for ground grading I think Melchester Rovers have a better chance of getting promoted to the national league than Ferriby. :dan
Apparently the bookies are offering seemingly impossible odds of 5000-1 for exactly this!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2016, 10:37:25 PM »
Here's a selection of snaps for those who don't do Facebook. I think I almost got every Boston player being fouled. :)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:39:43 PM by Ken Fox »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2016, 09:23:01 AM »
hasnt the money gone ? (the Hull city connection)
isn't the club for sale?

Yep. Again. Unsurprisingly, nobody sees them as a worthwhile asset!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2016, 11:27:15 AM »
Just as an additional final comment, I've been doing some risk assessment stuff at work today and stumbled upon this quote:

"Accidents, including serious ones, can happen, but the duty of care demands that you take steps to prevent what might reasonably be foreseen."

Pretty sure North Ferriby failed miserably on that front.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2016, 11:42:51 AM »
Ken, in your picture of the Ferriby Massive, is the guy in the blue top and black cap actually holding a smoke canister? Might be worth forwarding onto the Hull Daily Mail  :laugh:

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »
Ken, in your picture of the Ferriby Massive, is the guy in the blue top and black cap actually holding a smoke canister? Might be worth forwarding onto the Hull Daily Mail  :laugh:

Also note the "fans" on the pitch. Any other ground I've been to they would have been immediately removed

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 02:41:49 PM »

It looks like a mobile phone taking a pic although there must be photos of the canister throwers.
United we stand..................

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2016, 03:12:38 PM »

Look straight above the lad in red trousers looking back into the crowd, and you see a lad in a white tee shirt wearing a baseball cap holding a flare in his right hand, which is emitting toxic fumes according to the lad to his left who is holding his nose. Expand the picture and you will see it's a flare emitting green smoke.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2016, 03:16:49 PM »
Good spot ceamboy, good face shot as well.