Author Topic: Where do we want to finish?  (Read 2653 times)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Where do we want to finish?
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:20:17 AM »
At 5.00 on Saturday, we'll be in one of three places, 4th, 5th or 6th.  Clearly the latter is not the one we want to be in, but what about the other two?

Assuming that 5th will get NFU and 4th will get Fylde.......I'd much rather have Fylde as it would involve a long midweek trip for them for the first leg on Wednesday and the outside chance of a home final if we progress.

That said, I think that all three teams will win and we'll all stay as we are :-)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Where do we want to finish?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 12:25:17 PM »
4th would be better than 5th.

Then if we get to final have 50/50 chance of it being at home.  Which would be great to see York Street packed out to near capacity.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:14:28 PM »
I think Fylde are much better than us, whereas in the 2 games against NFU both teams were quite evenly matched (albeit we lost both). I'd fancy us more over 2 legs against NFU, and then take on Fylde (or Nuneaton/Harrogate) in a one-off match.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:04:23 PM »
the playoffs!
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 03:54:12 PM »
ultimately the National League, come on United.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 08:44:51 PM »
In three out of the last four seasons the team finishing 5th has won the play-offs.