Author Topic: PATTERS MAN OF THE MATCH?  (Read 8430 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
PATTERS MAN OF THE MATCH?
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:35:56 PM »
WOOD for me

townender3385

• View Profile
Re: PATTERS MAN OF THE MATCH?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 06:38:02 PM »
PEARSON or SUAREZ

les

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »
I said after the friendly against Boston Town when Suarez scored with his head we need to sign him. Another MOM performance from a big strong centre forward shows how important a physical presence at the front is at this level of football.
I made him my MOM but Weir-Daley ran him close.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:28:44 PM »
Pearson the lad won everthing today and almost got on the scoresheet aswell.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:37:58 PM »
suarez for me, worked very hard today and was rewarded with a goal

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 08:08:44 PM »
Definitely Suarez  - I will have to apologise, I have never rated him but today I had to change my mind. Still very raw but he won everything and actually did something with it. Their centre backs tried to kick and shove him out of the game and he kept going and going and gave as good as he got.

Agree about Pearson as well. Said it before on here, he is one quality centre back and will play higher. Just not sure how high!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »
Have always rated Suarez and he put in a good shift, but thought Pearson may have pipped him to MOM today.

I think Suarez is starting to look more mobile and more of a handful now he has games under his belt.

Only one side were looking to win it and entertain and for once they managed to come out victors.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 09:00:41 PM »
I think over all credit as to go to marine who came here with a plan to mix it up and get the point, and in fairness if it wasnt for a move wich is more known in the football league it would have worked,

Hard one for mom as there was 5 or 6 players that put real gratht in today

Shodfried

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 09:06:10 PM »
I thought the Marine goalkeeper was superb today, that save at the end where he was going the wrong way was outstanding. Certainly on todays showing he's playing a couple of levels beneath himself........apparently he was at Everton as an apprentice, its a shame he's not a bit more local to us.

Suarez for me today, I like him when the balls played up to him, he looks like a decent foil for SWD and Newsham.......by the way, why was he employed out wide today?

Another good gate in appalling conditions, I feel the side deserves a few more through the gate, why not really blitz the publicity for next Tuesdays game to get a few lapsed supporters through the gate? Perhaps a few flyers with this weeks free papers might draw a few more in.......is there any Champions League next Tuesday?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 09:15:37 PM »
How many do U wish  Shods ??..seems respectable  enough .. at this Level .
 WE haven't the catchment that say FCUM have  .

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 09:29:14 PM »
Suarez for me, won everything in the air. Hheld and passed the ball well. And chased down defenders.

Looks a promising partnership with swd

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 09:36:09 PM »
Personally think the MOTM awards should be switched from the last 2 weeks. Suarez last week was absolutely outstanding, SWD got the accolade for scoring 2 goals more than overall play.

This week thought SWD was outstanding. Can't remember him getting caught offside once, he tore them apart with his pace and sprung the offside trap on numerous occasions. Some of his touches and flicks showed he is playing way below his level and to top it off he scored a great goal AND did lots of chasing back and won possession back several times.

Having said that today Pearson and Wood where also both outstanding. Particular pleased for Wood as he took a lot of criticism earlier in the season, won lots of headers today and seems to have made the left back position his own.

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 09:41:39 PM »
I really like the look of Suarez, big, strong, good in the air and decent feet as well. Big men are a bit like marmite to football fans, you love em or hate them. Despite how well Crouch does, there will always be people on his case and the same seems to apply with many other big strikers. I remember big Bob Lee getting his fair share of stick but he always did a job for us and the same could apply to Jason Lee. These guys will never skin a defence and slot the ball home, they are a different player. I bet if you ask defenders who have marked Suarez if they feel they've been in a game i'm sure they will all say yes. Good luck to him.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »
I really like the look of Suarez, big, strong, good in the air and decent feet as well. Big men are a bit like marmite to football fans, you love em or hate them. Despite how well Crouch does, there will always be people on his case and the same seems to apply with many other big strikers. I remember big Bob Lee getting his fair share of stick but he always did a job for us and the same could apply to Jason Lee. These guys will never skin a defence and slot the ball home, they are a different player. I bet if you ask defenders who have marked Suarez if they feel they've been in a game i'm sure they will all say yes. Good luck to him.

Someone that sees the game at grass roots level for what it is and not the FIFA/Premiershite generation. Good post, target men do not win EVERY ball or like you say take five on and slot a ball home. But if you play against someone that battles for everything in the air, they create spaces around while players pick themselves up from the battle.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 10:19:06 PM »
Think we now have the perfect array of strikers. Davidson and Suarez have the height and muscle to give defenders a torrid time, Newsham is (usually) the predator in the box but I always said we had something missing. Weir-Daley has got that something, pace to spare and the flair to create something out of nothing.

The key to our season is keeping players fit, if we do that then it's keeping the players who are not playing happy (which seems to have been the bigger problem this season).