Author Topic: Today vs Harrogate  (Read 4219 times)

joebloom9

• View Profile
Today vs Harrogate
« on: April 16, 2016, 08:50:32 PM »
I thought we were solid at the back today, Zak Mills had Brendon Daniels in his back pocket. Pidge and Nat seem to work perfectly at the back together and good to see young Dylan back playing superb after being released by Sunderland. Although the only thing I would've liked to have seen more of today is the use of Rollins and Kaine but that's the way it goes sometimes. IMO Fab Spiess had a tremendous 90 minutes! Best ive seen him play and his kicking was good (although one miss kick) but MOTM 100%. Let's hope we get a good gate next week and take our A game to Nuneaton!!

UTP!!
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Today vs Harrogate
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:22:16 PM »
Loads to be pleased about today the boys were excellent never gave a ball up contested every 50-50 with passion really looked up for it against a decent Harrogate side. It produced an entertaining 0-0 draw.
Have to say Pidge and Brown are looking so so solid together at the back and Fabs in the net had a great game making 3 top saves with a big double save thrown into the mix.
We gave it our all when playing not only against a strong Harrogate side but a ref who was dodgy to say the least.
Now for the biggest plus and that was the outstanding noise and backing given from our army of travelling support who never stopped singing for the 97 mins all those that travelled (must of been around 300) can give yourselves a huge pat on the back.
Onwards to next week lets recreate the noise pack out York Street get behind the lads and sing us on to victory!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 10:11:05 AM »
A few snaps from the game in a Public Facebook Photo Album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154115453614282.1073741965.570994281&type=1&l=d57bca3251

Missed the first 10 minutes though as I was stuck in the queue trying to get in through the one open turnstile.

Did I miss anything?

Was there a pre-kickoff huddle?

Did Dennis get those dapper white shoes dirty crossing the mud to the dugout?!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:20:24 AM »
Total shambles trying to get in with only 1 turnstile there for over 1,000 fans. I got in at 5 past when others like Ken were even longer. Not a great game, a couple of good chances for either side, they just about looked the more likely to nick it but 0-0 was about right. 2 clean sheets running, we competed really well, just needed that bit of quality up top but it was all percentage football from both sides with a lot at stake

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 10:49:28 AM »
Yep, total tinpottery, and this from a club with aspirations of national league status, stewards getting heavy handed also didn't help, that aside fantastic turnout from the supporters creating a great atmosphere, thought harrogate just edged it with the chances they had, spiess was immense in goal, could turn out to be a very valuable point.
 Onwards to Nuneaton, let's get the town end in full voice next week.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 11:06:48 AM »
Three snaps for those that don't do Facebook. I'll put some more on later after I've been for a run.

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 03:54:57 PM »
and a few more snaps...

Fabien Spiess

Jay Rollins

Carl Piergianni

Lewis Hilliard

Dayle Southwell

Dylan McEvoy

Jay Rollins

Kaine Felix

Second half kick-off

Nat Brown

Flags

Kaine Felix

Away team directors

Zak Mills

Fans

Conner Robinson

Grant Roberts

Jay Rollins

Mark Jones

The bench

Scott Garner

Fabian Spiess

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »
Total respect,  Den has praised the travelling support and rightly so. It's now time to drop the petty arguments so as we can all move forward as one unit, and into the play offs.  Must win game this weekend !