Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 2389 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Tonight
« on: April 12, 2016, 08:37:41 PM »
Nuneaton 0-0 Harrogate
Stayleybridge 1-0 North Ferriby
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:25:55 PM »
2-0 Stalybridge... Solihull promoted barring a miracle from NFU in the final 6 minutes
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:41:14 PM »
Great results all to play for now lets have you at Harrogate on Saturday UTP

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 07:14:53 AM »

I went to Nuneaton versus Harrogate on Tuesday night - not far from here and decided to get a bit of fresh air after work. As long as we can continue our form over the past three matches, I didn't see anything in either side that particularly worried me.

First half was a stalemate. The two sides looked evenly matched and cancelled each other out, and neither goalkeeper really had a save to make.

Second half I would say Nuneaton had a bit more possession in attacking areas but again didn't really trouble the Harrogate keeper. Harrogate played more on the counter attack and had a couple of efforts from long range which the keeper did need to save and there was also a header which was cleared off the line. With about eight or nine minutes left Nuneaton probably should have had a penalty for a clumsy looking challenge just inside the area, but the ref didn't give it. Nuneaton probably looked a little bit better once Marlon Harewood had come off the subs bench, but 0-0 overall summed it up.

I saw Dennis Greene and Martin Bunce from a distance (Greene wasn't in Budapest), and I believe they both walked out about five minutes before time to beat the traffic.

As the final whistle sounded the Harrogate number four was clearly frustrated by the result and blasted the ball into the stands. Unfortunately he achieved a direct hit into the face of a Nuneaton fan, who then fan fell to the floor. It all looked a bit ugly for a few seconds with other fans clenching their fists from the terraces and threatening to offer their own retribution towards the Harrogate player. Fortunately it all blew over, the fan got back onto his feet, the player shook the fan's hand and everybody moved on. I think the ref would have had a case for sending the player off for dissent / violent conduct, but I don't think he properly saw what had happened.