Author Topic: Today v BPA  (Read 18478 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today v BPA
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 07:45:53 PM »
I stand in town end and to be fair, it's hardly going to be acted upon/investigated as it then it would take the attendances down by 100/150. Not all, but most sing it ..

If this estimate is accurate and the vile continues probably decent supporters will stay .
What if Greene walks tell us where we find a manager with a CV to match his ?
What is the point of chanting filth at what is arguably the most successful manager in decades ?

Spot on GHM,  we do not need "fans", a term i shall now use loosely to describe these people, to act in such a way. And if as Joe is insinuating, that around 100 was chanting this, then i would suggest we would be better off 100 people down in numbers and have have terraces that are not full of abusive vile people that are now stooping to a new low level. I hope many of you will contact the club and chairman on this matter as its not acceptable.  In fact, one word can describe it...SHAMEFUL.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »
Are we 100% this was actually sung???
Just saying it was sung is just as disruptive

joebloom9

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 08:12:55 PM »
Yeah was definitely sung, it seems to just be a reaction to what Den has said about the Townend.
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2016, 08:23:26 PM »
Yeah was definitely sung, it seems to just be a reaction to what Den has said about the Townend.

Shameful.  Anyone singing that or condoning the singing, please know that we do not need you.  You are not supporters of our club!
United we stand..................

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »
Good win today ,did not make out what they were singing ,Carla has done them no harm so should keep chants to
getting behind team or not get personal with our own .

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2016, 08:53:59 PM »
Once again the topic is our "fans" instead of how the team played... We are on the verge of the play offs again yet the idiots mar the win.

I too thought Roberts was MOTM,he was everywhere and was unlucky not to get on the end of a through ball.... Garns had a superb game too.even had time to showboat a couple of times but always looked for the simple pass rather than the hoof up front.. Scored 3 but could have had many more...

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2016, 08:54:07 PM »

Dens reaction of calling "some" members of the town end, and we must remember the term, knobheads, was only in response to personal abuse that was aimed at him and his personal life first. Then he said those infamous words. So who really is to blame in starting it all off ?? And was Den correct in saying this ?? Yes, he could have chosen his words better but people snap when abused.  Its time we all drew a line under all of this now, move on, support all the team, including manager and get out of this god forsaken league.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2016, 08:59:07 PM »
Well said that man

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2016, 09:00:20 PM »
Great result. 3 down, 3 to go. Job half done, so let's finish with a flourish.

could have been higher score, but to be fair BPA protected the forward in goal just about sufficiently to keep the score from embarrassing.

I thought we looked more like a unit today, with more positivity on the field, and far less falling out.

We're hitting form at the right time, and DG got it spot on today. Well done all round.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2016, 09:24:26 PM »
Well done all . Great result. Great team performance. Support team. Support manager. Job done

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2016, 09:31:11 PM »
Another point,anyone who thinks Carla is a slapper really does need help,think most lads would love to be in Den's shoes :D

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
Keep the personal side out of it. Not needed

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2016, 10:12:08 PM »
Thought we were excellent today but all we are talking about is the shower of s**t among the great supporters on the Town end. Although I didn't personally hear it I can imagine who the cretins are and would like to see them kicked out of the place and banned by the club, they also do the club no favors at away games with their ridiculous filthy mouthed behavour. Don't like what I am saying? Tough, sod off the club don't need you.    UTP.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2016, 10:17:11 PM »
I've stood on the town end for near on thirty odd years, been there with just a handful of supporters on and when it's been at it's most vocal, but must admit lately some of the chants have been frankly embarrassing and abusive, shame really because the town end are creating a really good atmosphere at the moment, but I tend to agree with Den, there are one or two "knobheads" who are spoiling it.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2016, 11:27:52 PM »
I've stood on the town end for near on thirty odd years, been there with just a handful of supporters on and when it's been at it's most vocal, but must admit lately some of the chants have been frankly embarrassing and abusive, shame really because the town end are creating a really good atmosphere at the moment, but I tend to agree with Den, there are one or two "knobheads" who are spoiling it.

One or two pied pipers or knobheads if you wish seem to be able to pull along a significant number of sing-a-long  rats down to the class-less depths that we're all discussing. Terrace banter is one thing, but be it sexist, racist, or just plain abusive, it has no place at our club. Time to put extra stewards up there and get rid of the knobheads. Chuck them out and make an example of them, and to quote another poster, if you don't like it, then tough.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684