Author Topic: Today v BPA  (Read 18484 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today v BPA
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2016, 12:08:13 AM »
I've stood on the town end for near on thirty odd years, been there with just a handful of supporters on and when it's been at it's most vocal, but must admit lately some of the chants have been frankly embarrassing and abusive, shame really because the town end are creating a really good atmosphere at the moment, but I tend to agree with Den, there are one or two "knobheads" who are spoiling it.

One or two pied pipers or knobheads if you wish seem to be able to pull along a significant number of sing-a-long  rats down to the class-less depths that we're all discussing. Terrace banter is one thing, but be it sexist, racist, or just plain abusive, it has no place at our club. Time to put extra stewards up there and get rid of the knobheads. Chuck them out and make an example of them, and to quote another poster, if you don't like it, then tough.
Excellent post renamed and reformed Twin :)

Over the years I've found "fans" abuse of Neil Thompson and now this particularly distasteful.
We won today, were in the play offs (for the third yr)
We're on with a new ground
All should be rosey ....
But you get a hand full of knobheads (yes you are knobheads) trying to create disharmony.
I dispair.....
Care in the community just isn't working :(

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2016, 01:01:09 AM »
I heard a Spain Road moaner on the way out,he wants Den out as we are not improving and were lucky today.... I cannot understand that,but he wants him to go to Lincoln (they are after a young manager not sure DG falls into that category) :D

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2016, 05:41:06 AM »
Hopefully DG never heard it but I guess he knows all about it now!

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2016, 06:43:43 AM »
What a great idea from some. Ban the fans that make all the noise. Then there will be more atmosphere in the local morgue than at YS.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2016, 08:39:09 AM »
What a great idea from some. Ban the fans that make all the noise. Then there will be more atmosphere in the local morgue than at YS.

Who suggested banning all the townenders ?   Reading Steviemas post comments it sounds as if the "leaders " amount to maybe only 10/20 people , sling these out and the other vulnerable easily mislead yobs will behave .

Great win for the Pilgrims players and manager .    So far an overwhelming win for Greene on this thread .

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2016, 09:01:55 AM »
Where did I say 'ban all the townenders'. I don't think anyone should be banned. I refuse to support Dennis, however I will continue to support the team. If Dennis thinks that slagging off fans who travel the length of the country to support the team is acceptable then what was chanted yesterday must be acceptable then.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2016, 09:43:05 AM »
Where did I say 'ban all the townenders'. I don't think anyone should be banned. I refuse to support Dennis, however I will continue to support the team. If Dennis thinks that slagging off fans who travel the length of the country to support the team is acceptable then what was chanted yesterday must be acceptable then.

Supporting the team, is NOT chanting this sort of unacceptable thing though. Those doing so should be reprimanded and taught a lesson. People don't have to shout and chant abuse at Den ! If you don't like/agree with him, just turn your back on him if that is your way of thinking. Although most fans still back the manager, its just this small group of townend knobheads ( correctly named now, if not before ) that are ruining it for most others.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2016, 09:50:48 AM »
Unbelievable. .
The suggestion that singing foul and disgusting personal insults is part of  creating an atmosphere .
I guess it does...but I don't want to be associated with a BAD atmosphere.
It's supposed to be a family community club and as such women and kids are there.
Obviously NO respect is paid to them
If you were a parent of the flag wavers or cheerleaders would you want them to hear these things?
Good work by them btw..

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2016, 09:58:44 AM »
So then leftback basically you're saying that if I don't back Dennis I'm a knobhead. OK if that's your logic there really is no hope.

Hate to add controversy and upset people but the kids and women are just as foul mouthed as the blokes are at times so as for paying respect howmanynames.........
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:01:52 AM by poshpilgrim »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2016, 10:08:21 AM »
in support of den the town end should be closed the true supporters will go else were in the ground and the ones we don't want at the club will go home

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2016, 10:14:09 AM »
So then leftback basically you're saying that if I don't back Dennis I'm a knobhead. OK if that's your logic there really is no hope.

Where was this stated ? Unless you are one of those chanting this abuse then you have no worries whether you back or don't back Den.  That is not my issue here, the abuse is.  Those who are making the personal abuse comments are the knobheads, and those are the ones to blame for much of the abuse all season and the ones who made the manager use those now infamous words in response to abuse !

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »

Hate to add controversy and upset people but the kids and women are just as foul mouthed as the blokes are at times so as for paying respect howmanynames.........

I don't believe LB is saying that...
Did you see the group of under 10 yr old girls in yellow outfits??
(Another success story for the club having won competitions against bigger clubs)
I didn't hear them being foul.

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2016, 11:23:53 AM »
Chill out leftback. Dennis put fuel on the fire and now it's been lit.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2016, 02:03:06 PM »
in support of den the town end should be closed the true supporters will go else were in the ground and the ones we don't want at the club will go home

Probably the most constructive post so far .  The fact that PP expects all women and kids at football matches to accept vulgarity is different to what many women think is acceptable .

The real victims of this saga is Chestnuts .  I don,t expect for a moment that these yobs have reflected on the clubs recent history .

Chestnuts stepped in when the Club was on its death bed ,  pumped loads of money and hard work into the club in  rebuilding it reputation and making it more professional .
Short term all supporters were tolerant , Tommy Taylor a likeable bloke unable to built a successful team departed , and Steve Welch took us to the end of the season just avoiding relegation .

Then we all struck lucky ,  DN secured the services of Rob &Paul who had took Ilkeston into the UNI play-offs .    They had an almost complete team to bring with them from Ilkeston , a team inherited from David Holdsworth who had left shortly before the end of the season .
Even then tolerance was beginning to fade a little even with the success and Rob at times had to put "fans" in their place .

With Jason Lee installed as manager the "critics" (being kind there ) soon found their feet as abuse came to the fore .

With the "success" of driving Lee out these "fans " moved up a gear and spewed real vile at a hapless Graham Drury, soon he was gone .

Greene came in and a few quick wins killed relegation fears .
First full season under DG we went into the last game of the season with an outside chance of play-offs .
Second season we lost out in play-offs with the last kick of the match .
Hopefully this season we will make the play-offs or at worst finish 6th .
In those three seasons we have had top or second top scorer in the league ( miller ,southwell).  Fans die for a manager who unearths strikers like that !!!!!

Still not good enough for moaners .

What these fans appear to want is going back to the bad old days of spend , spend spend then bust .

These fans should name a manager of there choice , can they think of a better one ?.

Has said by some "careful what you wish for "

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2016, 02:34:07 PM »
What do you actually expect at a football ground GHM. Do you not go to away games. Some of the fans at other teams are considerably worse than us. I actually think Dennis has done a very good job since he has been here and it's nice to be towards the top end of the table. It doesn't mean I have to like the bloke. We did nothing wrong at FC United and he still had a dig at us. We travel all over the country to support a club we love and don't really appreciate being slagged off for doing so especially by someone who decides to cheat our benefit system.