Author Topic: Great result  (Read 16149 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Great result
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 04:26:19 PM »
Great result by bunny and the players! Sooner the comedian leaves the better! Disgraceful to slag fans on social media! Enough is enough time to leave !

Although the balance should be equally addressed as to when some fans made personal remarks pre the whole knobheadgate saga, which triggered everything off, so that's equally as disgraceful.  Personally, any manager should not be on social media fans forums full stop, as it makes them an easy target for the wannabe know it all terrace managers, who, still to this day have not come up with a suitable replacement, or not told us what this budget is which they seemingly know all about ! We all get passionate on forums, after all, i suspect we all want the best for our club. But its how we go about this passion that makes so many of us different.

I'm not defending Den in any way, but equally, to again address the balance, i am not going to defend these few fans who started the whole nastiness off either !  But i will offer them kindly, a hand carved wooden spoon  ::) 

Time we all moved on, and got behind this team to reach the play offs. Then see what the summer brings.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 04:42:20 PM »
Great result by bunny and the players! Sooner the comedian leaves the better! Disgraceful to slag fans on social media! Enough is enough time to leave !

Yes a great result by the players ,  the very same players that have been slagged off over the last few games by some so called fans .

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 04:47:32 PM »
I just feel the manager needs to be above it all and be professional no matter what his personal feelings are, and yes I do not think he aimed his comment at all supporters however, He really should refrain from ill thought out comments which gives ammunition to some.

Completely agree.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 05:55:44 PM »

Yes a great result by the players ,  the very same players that have been slagged off over the last few games by some so called fans .

Come on Pete some of them deserved criticism for some of their performances, I was critical of a couple of players and challenged them to prove me wrong, I am overjoyed that they have and whether this was anything to do with my challenge I don't know (probably not) but I have praised them on here for their recent improvement. I too want us now to move on give the team our wholehearted support to the end of the season. Let us all also remember that all the comments on here and other forums by our fans total about thirty and that number out of a total of some 1200 supporters is a very small minority.  UTP.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2016, 07:20:50 PM »

Come on Pete some of them deserved criticism for some of their performances, I was critical of a couple of players and challenged them to prove me wrong, I am overjoyed that they have and whether this was anything to do with my challenge I don't know (probably not) but I have praised them on here for their recent improvement. I too want us now to move on give the team our wholehearted support to the end of the season. Let us all also remember that all the comments on here and other forums by our fans total about thirty and that number out of a total of some 1200 supporters is a very small minority.  UTP.

I had Lewis Hilliard in mind Mel ,  in my mind no justfication for abusing a player in warm-up as at Tamworth . 
As you suggest we lose sight of the fact on Patter and other social media that the anti  brigade only amount to a very small majority .

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 08:07:53 PM »
Whilst I'm not DG biggest fan for football reasons in terms of the turnover of players I think his comment was taken out of context.  FCUM fans were class in all areas the sports bar where they sang songs in unison before the game to the stands and bar under the stand at half time they were as one.  Even in defeat they were behind the team and respected the large number of away fans in their kop end so on this one I think it's all out of proportion. As for coin throwing I was nearish the front and didn't see any coins being thrown. So we should focus on the positive a great away win against a club who I hope get in the conference sooner rather than later.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 10:09:48 PM »
My two pennoth,just read what was put on Twitter.. So,maybe DG should refrain from posting heat of the moment stuff BUT recently he has been booed at,verbally abused and someone even suggested taking him outside after the Ferriby game.. To me his comment was merely saying take defeat better than some do,players are human and we all have bad days where no matter what we do we still feck up but some of the stuff said down Spain Road is pathetic,similar to the boos at the Brackley game from 4 lads who had told me at half time it was their first ever game yet they still chanted OUT OUT OUT before the final whistle..

DG is human too and has taken flack from all quarters,I can see what he is trying to say (after all FCUM have not recently banned people for racism or drunken behaviour) just think he could have worded it better that's all.... When you think they came from a Saturday League team of pissed off Man United fans and look at the whole set up and where they are now you have too admire them... How long as it taken for us to get a new ground LOL ..

Seems to me some can give flack but don't like receiving it..

I have many times typed my frustrations shortly after getting home,then had tea and re read it before posting,once I have calmed down it usually gets deleted or edited.. Maybe a few others should do the same...

Anyway,bring on Saturday and lets ALL get behind the team from kick off too final whistle,moaning will not get them anywhere...

Oh,I too was critical of Hilliard against both Brackley & Ferriby but considering he was out on the wing he was wasted,moved back in the middle and he causes problems..

Anyone else going tomorrow nights U21's by the way? See you there if you are :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:53:55 PM by Crazy Neil »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 10:37:55 PM »
My two pennoth,just read what was put on Twitter.. So,maybe DG should refrain from posting heat of the moment stuff BUT recently he has been booed at,verbally abused and someone even suggested taking him outside after the Ferriby game.. To me his comment was merely saying take defeat better than some do,players are human and we all have bad days where no matter what we do we still feck up but some of the stuff said own Spain Road is pathetic,similar to the boos at the Brackley game from 4 lads who had told me at half time it was their first ever game yet they still chanted OUT OUT OUT before the final whistle..

DG is human too and has taken flack from all quarters,I can see what he is trying to say (after all FCUM have not recently banned people for racism or drunken behaviour) just think he could have worded it better that's all.... When you think they came from a Saturday League team of pissed off Man United fans and look at the whole set up and where they are now you have too admire them... How long as it taken for us to get a new ground LOL ..

I have many times typed my frustrations shortly after getting home,then had tea and re read it before posting,once I have calmed down it usually gets deleted or edited.. Maybe a few others should do the same...

Anyway,bring on Saturday and lets ALL get behind the team from kick off too final whistle,moaning will not get them anywhere...

Oh,I too was critical of Hilliard against both Brackley & Ferriby but considering he was out on the wing he was wasted,moved back in the middle and he causes problems..

Anyone else going tomorrow nights U21's by the way? See you there if you are :)
Have to agree with you Crazy Neil....
Apart from the Crazy....Sensible Neil is better :)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 10:57:17 PM »
Not on twitter but facebook! Having a dig at his own supporters who spend loads of money to watch BUFC!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:02:38 PM by kingofnaves »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 11:07:30 PM »
Not on twitter but facebook! Having a dig at his own supporters who spend loads of money to watch BUFC!
Come on Kon....stop playing games

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2016, 08:29:36 AM »

What has spending loads of money got to do with dishing out personal abuse to the manager, which DID happen firstly to start the whole knobhead saga off ?!!   We ALL spend money on watching this team, but most of us feel that because we do spend out money on our hobby, pastime, love, that actually, win, lose or draw the manager, team, chairman does not owe us anything. Why do you feel that the club or manager owes you something all the time ?  As for this "alleged " dig,  as many have stated it does not read as a dig, it was merely praising another teams fans and how the club has progressed.  These same sentiments were echoed by some of OUR fans,  so now we have double standards and thats ok, because the club always owes us something ??  Other teams managers have praised our club in the past, are they in the wrong too ?
Sometimes its just nice to praise things in life, you should try it !  :-[   :bunny

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2016, 09:06:07 AM »

Seems to me Dennis has the same disrespect for all supporters rather than just those who are critical or abusive.  I've never abused him or a player but the blanket response that we ALL need a lesson in class is beyond ridiculous, as I said, especially in direct response to a supporter who has done more than most to show commitment to the club!

To echo a sentiment from an earlier post, he needs to shut up and get on with his job.  He will get flack win lose or draw as a football manager at any club and if he has not worked that out by now he never will.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2016, 09:40:12 AM »

Seems to me Dennis has the same disrespect for all supporters rather than just those who are critical or abusive.  I've never abused him or a player but the blanket response that we ALL need a lesson in class is beyond ridiculous, as I said, especially in direct response to a supporter who has done more than most to show commitment to the club!

To echo a sentiment from an earlier post, he needs to shut up and get on with his job.  He will get flack win lose or draw as a football manager at any club and if he has not worked that out by now he never will.

ALL ??? Never see that word quoted !  He's never disrespected me, and i am sure there are many others too in our supporters fanbase.  You get treated as you treat someone, and that goes for both sides. This whole thing is NOT just one sided, I've witnessed several comments made on the FB group for instance, that were started by a fan, and that were abusive and not football related towards the manager. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2016, 10:48:44 AM »

Again as others have said earlier this is all being taken out of all proportion and context .  nearly all fans like myself and MNH  refrain from abuse .  These are very naive people if they think shouting abuse at players and manager will be positive to the team .  To modify  MNH comments slightly they need to shut up and get supporting their team .

I don,t know what sort of commitment to to club the supporter mentioned by MNH has shown ,  for my part I have been a paying customer for SEVENTY YEARS (70) , this in no way entitles me to abuse the players or manager .  What strength of support entitles a "fan" to give abuse ?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:59:29 AM by green hats mate »

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2016, 11:01:29 PM »
Only person I hurl abuse at is the pratt in black in the middle,Mr.Magoo would see more than the berks we keep getting...