Author Topic: Great result  (Read 16150 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Great result
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 10:57:55 PM »
I'd be over the moon if we got 2,000 next week, i'd be happy if we got 1,500. But i would be mostly happy if we got three points in front of 1,300 backed by Den's Army  :D  :bunny

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
Here's a link to my public Facebook Photo Album with a few snaps from the game:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154080369469282.1073741964.570994281&type=1&l=24e2c65cf4

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 10:26:06 AM »
Forgetting the great result, I have to say well done to FCUM. What a set up, from the great stewarding around the ground and the huge social club offering food (on a plate with a knife and fork) and beer at very cheap prices and loads of staff which meant swift service and for them increased revenue.

The atmosphere in the stand, similar to the town end was fantastic with both sets of fans giving their all. At half time went under the stand to their bottle bar and saw something I have only seen at Premier Clubs hundreds of fans who were their just for a beer (like a social club) singing and chanting and take the pxxs out of us few Boston Fans in their at the time, what a laugh and all in good spirit.

After the game in the social club some more singing and chanting and humour all well received.When we left so many hand shakes and best wishes it was like leaving a mates birthday party. Great day great place and people.Well done FCUM.    Nearly forgot great result.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 02:20:07 PM »
Here are a few snaps for those that don't do Facebook.

The huddle is back

Kaine Felix has scored

Joe Burgess

Dayle Southwell

Carl Piergianni

Nat Brown

buzzin'

Conner Robinson

Grant Roberts

Dayle Southwell scores his 50th goal for Boston United

The Boston fans go wild

Still going wild

Zak Mills

Discussing

Mr Cool

Dayle Southwell

Scott Garner

Lewis Hilliard

Calm down

Cameron Johnson

Fabian Spiess

Kaine Felix

Head-to-head

Kaine Felix

Pat on the head

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 11:53:54 AM »
Great result by bunny and the players! Sooner the comedian leaves the better! Disgraceful to slag fans on social media! Enough is enough time to leave !

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »
For those unaware this was the comment - swiftly deleted when he realised just exactly how diabolical it was - or possibly told to by someone with respect for the supporters.
https://twitter.com/NickUpton/status/716570749834756096

This in reply to a lad who has slept in a f-ing railway station waiting room to follow his team!  I don't get angry about much, let's face it its football not life and death.  But seriously having a pop at your own supporters and comparing them to FC United, who were chucking coins at our guys on Saturday (let's not forget) for having the bare faced cheek to stand where they liked at an unsegregated match.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 12:38:41 PM »
I come on this forum to give my opinions about how the team is performing and as I am fortunate enough to attend most away games give a little report on the game for those who are unable to travel for whatever reason. The manager approached me a few weeks ago as I have already said and asked me to tone down my criticism as "it upsets the players", fair enough I have done that and have thought about what I say before typing. What the manager tweeted was disgusting and "upsetting to fans"  is it not time he practiced what he preaches?.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 12:49:09 PM »
Great result by bunny and the players! Sooner the comedian leaves the better! Disgraceful to slag fans on social media! Enough is enough time to leave !
Did he "slag" the fans off?
Seems to me that he complimented FC fans....at 3000 + a game and getting a club up and running they deserve praise.
If The Chestnuts hadn't come in and saved the club Boston would not be playing FC!
There's no way we could or would have done what they've achieved...
They've had they're ups and downs but persist....
We had 4 bad results (and I'm not condoning poor performances)  on the spin and the boo boys were out .
The FC fans just appear to "support" their team and not look for every opportunity to criticise the players and staff

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 01:10:07 PM »
We are not talking about his post match interview with Craig it is what he tweeted about BUFC fans to have a bit of class like FCUM have. Diabolical thing to say.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 01:44:56 PM »
Difficult one this ,   oxo is right, lets hope Dennis reflects and refrains from such comments ,  the abuse he receives comes from a very small minority .  I don,t do F/b or twitter ,in  fairness  to Greene it has to be said  some of the comments directed at his professional skills have been very questionable on Patter ,   don,t think some managers would be as tolerant  as him .

What exactly do these fans want ?
Is it a manager with real PR skills like  Tommy Taylor but no team building skills ?
Maybe on reflection they will tolerate a few losses and accept DG with his rough edges .
Or would they prefer say the return of Rob Scott ?......... oh dear I don,t think that would work , without Paul,s diplomacy to guide him I think he would be even more unpopular with the anti,s than Green .   And maybe not produce as good results .

As a few posters have suggested lets be careful what we wish for .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »
We are not talking about his post match interview with Craig it is what he tweeted about BUFC fans to have a bit of class like FCUM have. Diabolical thing to say.
I did read the quote oxo....
I just feel sorry for him (and players and managers in general)  and the Queen.
We can say whatever we like about them and use what ever vitriolic language we like and they are supposed to say absolutely nothing...just take it on the chin....any retort is met with venom.
I've no doubt the comment wasn't aimed at every Boston supporter but there are a few who make a lot of noise with filthy mouths who maybe ought to consider their words before they speak.
I will agree that players and managers should steer clear ....well clear of Twitter.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »
Respectfully disagree GHM.  What do I want?  Simple, a football club a) that exists b) that I can be proud to support. 

Be careful what you wish for?  We have been down that blind road before let's not forget, Dennis is making a fool of himself with his conduct (not just the social media outbursts) and has been given another chance by an owner that deserves more respect.  If it's all about the 3 points and to damn with the rest of it we know where that leads.

And to be 100% clear the message he left was on Facebook, only shared later on Twitter by a supporter, I don't do Facebook so only saw it then. He needs to stop posting such comments on any social media.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 03:59:42 PM »
Not comment on social media! it's against his Human Rights don't ya know.;-)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »
Respectfully disagree GHM.  What do I want?  Simple, a football club a) that exists b) that I can be proud to support. 

Be careful what you wish for?  We have been down that blind road before let's not forget, Dennis is making a fool of himself with his conduct (not just the social media outbursts) and has been given another chance by an owner that deserves more respect.  If it's all about the 3 points and to damn with the rest of it we know where that leads.

And to be 100% clear the message he left was on Facebook, only shared later on Twitter by a supporter, I don't do Facebook so only saw it then. He needs to stop posting such comments on any social media.

What do I want ?   first and foremost a football club that is successful and well run .

Due solely to Chestnuts we have our football club . Supporters too should show their respect by behaving in a more orderly manner and not bring disrespect to the club .  Certainly some supporters are bringing shame to the club .
Its no excuse for Greene but lets be fair would many have stood for some of the vile spewed out on Gr eene ?
Some appears clearly a personal thing and not related to his football decisions . Hence my objections for some posts on Patter . Like you I do not do F/B so cannot comment on what was said on there , but on football team management Greene will certainly be very difficult to replace .

Who would be a football club owner/chairman .?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »
I did read the quote oxo....
I just feel sorry for him (and players and managers in general)  and the Queen.
We can say whatever we like about them and use what ever vitriolic language we like and they are supposed to say absolutely nothing...just take it on the chin....any retort is met with venom.
I've no doubt the comment wasn't aimed at every Boston supporter but there are a few who make a lot of noise with filthy mouths who maybe ought to consider their words before they speak.

I agree wholeheartedly with you about the filthy mouth brigade they do sometimes embarrass the club if I have something to say to the manager or anyone else I will approach them personally and not scream demented comments for all to hear. I just feel the manager needs to be above it all and be professional no matter what his personal feelings are, and yes I do not think he aimed his comment at all supporters however, He really should refrain from ill thought out comments which gives ammunition to some. The comment has been jumped upon by supporters of other clubs and does nothing for the good name of our club.