Author Topic: Great result  (Read 16145 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Great result
« on: April 02, 2016, 04:55:24 PM »
Well done Den and the team on this massive win to keep us in the mix. Job done and well deserved by all accounts. How many away fans were they, does anyone know ?  Greene Army !!!!!!    :bunny

SMELLS LIKE VICTORY

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Great result
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 04:57:24 PM »

DISASTER!!
I had 0-2 in the Prediction League, sack 'em all.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 04:59:16 PM »
Onwards and back upwards. In our own hands again. Great result. I'm in danger of becoming a happy clapper!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 05:23:49 PM »
Full marks, sound like we deserved it and put in a hell of a shift today with a lot of credit been given from both sides of the pitch, good to see us bossing the games we win and full marks to Den and the team, Now we still have some massive games to come and its time for the support us to back us and turn up in numbers

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 06:08:25 PM »
Onwards and back upwards. In our own hands again. Great result. I'm in danger of becoming a happy clapper!
Become one ET...your life will be so much better than walking round with a frown on your face. ;)
Well done DG and the whole set up really.
Just hope Lincoln don't take a shine to DG....Moyes sounds like he's on the verge ...........

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 06:13:50 PM »
Become one ET...your life will be so much better than walking round with a frown on your face. ;)
Just hope Lincoln don't take a shine to DG....Moyes sounds like he's on the verge ...........

Anyone could be on the verge there

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 07:55:09 PM »
Don't this team drive you round the twist, last few weeks some garbage displays then last week pleasantly surprise us at Tamworth, today wonderful free flowing football bringing us two first class goals and an all round performance everyone can be proud of. Talking to one of their coaches at half time he said the best display first half of any team to visit them and feels we are a shoe in for the play offs. A great atmosphere from the start with I would guess some 250 plus Boston fans among the crowd of 3500 plus. Not going to pick out anyone in particular every one of the boys gave it their all but it really does appear they are again believing anything is now possible. I have to say that I would never thought i would see Kaine at center forward but in the last two games I congratulate Dennis on hitting on a winning formula. All I now want to see is 2000 plus at Saturdays game against Bradford giving the lads the support they have earned.  UTP.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 08:04:44 PM »

Anyone could be on the verge there

Surely we could collectively provide the imps with a cracking reference for Mr gainsboro Housham?
They'd be about right for each other, both crap with little ambition.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 08:31:21 PM »

Dennis Greene has far too often spoilt it for the moaners again this season.  Even the idiot whose texts give us a laugh on BBC Lincs on Saturday nights failed to text an unfounded insult tonight .

Join us ET ,  don,t let this idiot beat you to it.  :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 08:48:55 PM »

DISASTER!!
I had 0-2 in the Prediction League, sack 'em all.
I had 2-1  :bunny
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 08:59:27 PM »
Don't this team drive you round the twist, last few weeks some garbage displays then last week pleasantly surprise us at Tamworth, today wonderful free flowing football bringing us two first class goals and an all round performance everyone can be proud of. Talking to one of their coaches at half time he said the best display first half of any team to visit them and feels we are a shoe in for the play offs. A great atmosphere from the start with I would guess some 250 plus Boston fans among the crowd of 3500 plus. Not going to pick out anyone in particular every one of the boys gave it their all but it really does appear they are again believing anything is now possible. I have to say that I would never thought i would see Kaine at center forward but in the last two games I congratulate Dennis on hitting on a winning formula. All I now want to see is 2000 plus at Saturdays game against Bradford giving the lads the support they have earned.  UTP.

I'm not a fan on estimating what attendance numbers should be, hence why i asked how many went today. 2000 next week for instance, going up from an average all season of around 1250 ? To be honest, we will be lucky if we get 1400 !Previous to today, i noted numbers of we should be taking 300 easy to FC was quoted. But apart from play off games, we do not take that amount away unless its the trip to Gainsborough. In fact, 300 would be around a 1/4 of the home attendance, not sure if any team takes 1/4 of their total home attendance away at this level, or above.  I am just pleased we have a good group of fans who go away and at least number 100+

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 09:22:10 PM »

Dennis Greene has far too often spoilt it for the moaners again this season.  Even the idiot whose texts give us a laugh on BBC Lincs on Saturday nights failed to text an unfounded insult tonight .

Join us ET ,  don,t let this idiot beat you to it.  :)

Ok, I'm in! The radio texter is a plank, and I'm not in his crew. I'm the newest happy clapper-it's official. I promise to be nice to DG from now on. Bring on BPA. Up the pilgrims.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 09:52:22 PM »
LB Just what is your problem? you asked how many BUFC supporters were in attendance? I tried to answer that in my post and you clearly don't agree with my estimate of 250 plus. This was not a stab in the dark it is based upon the OFFICIAL figure of 180 plus at Tamworth on Monday and clearly today it was well in excess of that but as there was no segregation there are no official numbers. You then go on to ridicule the chance of 2000 on Saturday, may I remind you that was what I wanted to see. Tell you what mate try attending all the games and decide for yourself but don't rubbish me when I am trying to be helpful.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 10:22:54 PM »
LB Just what is your problem? you asked how many BUFC supporters were in attendance? I tried to answer that in my post and you clearly don't agree with my estimate of 250 plus. This was not a stab in the dark it is based upon the OFFICIAL figure of 180 plus at Tamworth on Monday and clearly today it was well in excess of that but as there was no segregation there are no official numbers. You then go on to ridicule the chance of 2000 on Saturday, may I remind you that was what I wanted to see. Tell you what mate try attending all the games and decide for yourself but don't rubbish me when I am trying to be helpful.

Where is the problem ? Where have a said i didn't agree with 250 ish ? Never had an issue with your estimate. I am merely pointing out about numbers quoted before any game saying we as a club should be getting blah de blah, mostly vastly over quoted, before the forthcoming match. 

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2016, 10:30:11 PM »
Whoa boys...
This is a happy thread with lots of clapping. ...don't spoil it :)
Evil Twin ....time to drop your Evil tag...change it to Live..a complete turnaround
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 11:05:54 PM by howmanynames2pick »