Author Topic: Woo. We're top again  (Read 10536 times)

LeeChase

• View Profile
Woo. We're top again
« on: November 14, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »
At least I think we are.

Unless the live scores are wrong on nonleaguefootballlive

Woo.
Touched by his noodly appendage.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Woo. We're top again
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:59:15 PM »
 Love to have seen that M.S header .. 
  Bet he soared like an eagle ..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:26:36 PM »
Nantwitch-Retford delayed kick off until 3-30pm, so full time is due anytime now..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »
Not a pretty match in fairly dire cinditions - but a very valuable 3 points.

Its on days like this that we should be thankful we have reasonaly tall covered stands on all 4 sides.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 05:46:45 PM »
I'm sure Retford and every other team in the league would rather be in our position though

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »
 It s still tight .. as U would expect  in mid -November
    Kings Lynn's goal difference  is going to be   H u g e    ..

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »
Great result and cracking goal with a superb cross from Wood who i gave a bit of stick to on here for poor performances earlier on this season. The whole team played well again today although Evans could have done alot better with their goal and had a couple of miss kicks in the second half. Wood still made a fair amount of mistakes in the attacking third but was solid at the back. Pearson was immense as usual (what a cracking signing he as turned out to be.) Sleath has adapted well into a more defencive role and Church harried round the middle as usual. Newsham puts a good shift in playing wide and gets in goal scoring positions still. Weir Daley looked even fitter and sharper than last week and was denied TWO certain penalties. Suarez won the ball in the air and played some tidy stuff on the floor. Posts seem to be coming in slower after a win again but maybe the England game has something to do with that.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 06:38:54 PM »
Posts will be slow Carl its been a bad few weeks for the negative "fans" .Too many wins  . Only needs a  odd goal defeat to get them back on again.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 06:42:44 PM »
Really enjoyed the game today. The lads came out in a confident manor and looked like they'd only settle for a win. Plenty of chances and a few missed opportunites before the goal went in. However what I wasn't expecting was the equaliser from them, rather soft and poor defendng gifted them the goal. It took a bit to steady the ship and get back to our game. Full credit to lads when they came out in the 2nd half fighting and raring to go. We took the game to them once again and we got what we fully deserved. It was a little dicey towards the last 15 mins and we could of done with the 3rd goal just to relax more. But we held on and most importantly got the 3 points to take us up a place and keep the momentum going. Thought that marine were quite a tough physical side and I expected quite a tight battle between both sides today. These are the teams we need to be getting all 3 points off and just shows how much better we are this season. We certainly arent the finished product as a team, mistakes are still being made but I don't want to detract from the result today. It would be nice to see a new midfielder brought in perhaps as this is the area where we've very little to chose from.

Well played today lads - keep on battling and do us proud.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 06:53:53 PM »
Couldn't make the game today so followed it on United Live. Superb service! Not as good as being there but really gets you on the edge of your seat.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 07:03:35 PM »
Agree with previous posts.First 20 minutes we could,and should have been 2/3 goals to the good.Their goal was poor from a defensive point of view,and was probably their only real attempt on goal all afternoon.Second half was difficult against a physical side in deteriorating conditions.Great cross from Woody and agood header from Mikel for the winner.Not the greatest of games but just the sort of game we need to win,a real battle against opposition and the conditions.Good performances all over the pitch,especially from Church and  Pearson.Well battled lads.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »
If we are only going to play 2 in midfield we have Church, Sleath, Camm and Millson to choose from which would be enough. Surely Millson will be available for selection soon as he started full training 3 or 4 weeks ago now. 90 mins in the league cup game would do him the world of good.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 08:16:20 PM »
A few pics from the match. Hopefully I'll be able to upload a few more when I get home.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 08:22:10 PM »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 09:55:38 PM »
Thought we played well today in poor conditions against a physical side who had come for a point. Could/should of been a couple to the good before we went 1 up, Marine scored with a soft goal from our point, some comedy defending especially from Tom (who seems to commit the odd howler with alarming regularity).

From then on Marine made it their business to waste as much time as possible and just tried to stop us playing, they had absolutely no attacking ambition and in the end got their just desserts. In the end we got our deserved winner and should of added a couple more. On another day we would of had 4 or 5 but not complaining digging a win out from a difficult game.

Agree with others where are negative posters (you know who you are), they would be the first on here mashing their keyboards how it's not good enough after a defeat. Have a bit of humility and give a bit of praise when the team is doing well (but I'm not holding my breath).