Author Topic: Today at the Lamb  (Read 13518 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today at the Lamb
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 08:47:25 PM »
Pretty balanced and accurate report off Tamworth site methinks.
  More comfortable experience at the Lamb than 15? years ago ..
    The newish stand and competant groundstaff & PA  made a difference ..

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 08:52:48 PM »
Dennis IN !  Credit where credit is due, although from some it will never be forthcoming. But today, we got things right and that is down to the players and manager.  The way things stand now, we can still get that final spot off either Harrogate or Nuneaton. Both these are playing each other soon, and if we say favour a Nuneaton win in that game, then our match away at Harrogate will be a play off game in itself technically if, and i say if, we can now get some more wins under our belt.
Considering all the injuries we have had this season, forcing more in's and out's than we would have liked at times,and on our budget, i think the manager has still done well to keep us in it.

I'll stand up to be counted and give credit where recently I haven't done.
Quite honestly a fantastic result, and yes it keeps half a grip on the playoffs.
Well played Pilgrims and especially Lewis H showing plenty of "bouncebackability".

I respect that honest comment.  We have so many young players, and its easy for them to be effected if subjected to any abuse so its pleasing he ( Lewis ) bounced back. Also pleasing to see Kaine back to his best, for me, one of the most dangerous players in this league when in top form and not recovering from yet another whack off players who cannot keep up with him.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 09:13:48 PM »
Dennis IN !  Credit where credit is due, although from some it will never be forthcoming. But today, we got things right and that is down to the players and manager.  The way things stand now, we can still get that final spot off either Harrogate or Nuneaton. Both these are playing each other soon, and if we say favour a Nuneaton win in that game, then our match away at Harrogate will be a play off game in itself technically if, and i say if, we can now get some more wins under our belt.
Considering all the injuries we have had this season, forcing more in's and out's than we would have liked at times,and on our budget, i think the manager has still done well to keep us in it.

I'll stand up to be counted and give credit where recently I haven't done.
Quite honestly a fantastic result, and yes it keeps half a grip on the playoffs.
Well played Pilgrims and especially Lewis H showing plenty of "bouncebackability".

I respect that honest comment.  We have so many young players, and its easy for them to be effected if subjected to any abuse so its pleasing he ( Lewis ) bounced back. Also pleasing to see Kaine back to his best, for me, one of the most dangerous players in this league when in top form and not recovering from yet another whack off players who cannot keep up with him.

Age is another factor that many overlook when commenting on our team . Listening to the Imps commentary today mention was made of the fact that their "young " team had an average age of "only"25.7 years .
Many matches last season our average age was 21 .   Don,t know today,s average but I suspect it would be around 22 ,  Apart from Nat Brown at 34 I doubt any of our other players are 25.7 years of age , most being in the 19 to 22 age group .  In fact 1 or 2 of our squad today are HALVE Nats age .

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »
According to Mark Whiley,  Hilliard got  abuse from some so called Boston fans in the warm up.  (Lewis mentioned it in his interview).  Idiots not fans.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2016, 09:44:09 PM »
 Well he manned up to it .
   Didn't someone post that Hlliard and Roberts ? being similar players shouldnt both figure in the startng 11 ?l

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 09:56:30 PM »
According to Mark Whiley,  Hilliard got  abuse from some so called Boston fans in the warm up.  (Lewis mentioned it in his interview).  Idiots not fans.

Made Lewis,s goal all the more commendable . 

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 09:58:29 PM »
My word ....we're all clapping tonight (apart from afore mentioned loony on the radio)
Seeing as we're all clapping to the same song try this one...
http://youtu.be/-6CAeDN9er8

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2016, 10:10:36 PM »
My 1st match for 1  1/2 years.

I thought the defence set up seemed efficient and well- organised  today .. Is this normal ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 10:18:05 PM »
Robbins is a total liability.
He was fantastic in the last 20 minutes in getting on the ball and running the clock down, either by running at the defenders or taking the ball into the corners.

Definitely a nice option to have on the bench.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2016, 10:36:11 PM »

[/quote]
He was fantastic in the last 20 minutes in getting on the ball and running the clock down, either by running at the defenders or taking the ball into the corners.

Yea ..but the whole team doing it after 50 mins was a bit of a strain ..

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2016, 11:32:18 PM »
Just heard an idiot on the radio say "we only won because we got a penalty Den has to go"
What f ing planet are these people on???
By the same thinking we only lost on Saturday because of a goalkeeper howler. ...and play carrying on after a free kick should have no been given

It's probably that loony that rings up moaning whether we win, lose or draw. Unfortunately it seems the dimwits at the station always entertain him and let him have his rant. You should ring up howmanynames, a much more balanced point of view when it comes to bufc.

I have made comments before about this loony , it is clear that he has no interest in BUFC apart from a distaste for Dennis Greene .   

I find it distasteful along with many others that the BBC consistently broadcast the rubbish spewed out by this fool which it is clear to all a personal attack on Greene with few valid comments .

Would the BBC broadcast such comments every week about one of their journalist ,  I think not .

The BBC should give a balance to the listeners . Arrange a debate between Greene and this person chaired by BBC sports journalist .  Good listening for Friday Sport .

I suspect this type of person would not have the bottle to take up the offer of a face to face on a level playing field . In which case no more comments from this person should be broadcast . 
The BBC may be restricted by "human rights " to do this ,  in which case those of us who are offended by these comments should inundate Saturday Sport every Saturday between 5.00pm and 6.00 pm expressing our anger in the same tone as his comments. .

T

Wonder if he posts on here ghm  :D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 11:44:07 AM »

Yea ..but the whole team doing it after 50 mins was a bit of a strain ..
It worked ;)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 02:21:58 PM »
Well done Den, the team and our supporters.  Credit when credit is due.  Keep it up.
United we stand..................

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2016, 03:26:47 PM »
Well done Den, the team and our supporters.  Credit when credit is due.  Keep it up.

Den deserves some credit !  It seems we have a small group, predominately a group of townenders who are chanting hatred towards to manager.Although i will state that other townenders are not getting involved.  If these's are true fans then i think they need a head wobble.  Also, we keep stemming back to the whole reason why any arguments between manager and fans started. And it stems solely from direct, personal abuse at the manager to which he, right or wrongly responded to. So blaming the manager is wrong, its these few fans who are to blame and since that early spat things have never died down and nobody is willing to live and let live. I am actually embarrassed by some of the things we are seeing and hearing recently on the terraces. It makes me wonder what these people are like in their personal lives, do they never let things be, make a truce, and move on ?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 04:23:20 PM »
 Was Martin Drury on the bench Monday ?
   My aged eyes could only make out dashing Den (and our Katie of course) .
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:38:40 PM by father Ted »